Windows 10: Clicking 'Set As Desktop Background' jumps me to top of folder

Discus and support Clicking 'Set As Desktop Background' jumps me to top of folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I recently built a new computer with Windows 10, currently on version 1607. I have a large collection of desktop wallpapers in slideshow mode and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kelazi5, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Kelazi5 Win User

Clicking 'Set As Desktop Background' jumps me to top of folder

Hi, I recently built a new computer with Windows 10, currently on version 1607. I have a large collection of desktop wallpapers in slideshow mode and frequently go through large folders of newly downloaded images to search for pics suitable for background images.

I was doing this recently but annoying found that whenever I was deep in the folder and clicked 'set as desktop background' it jumped back to the top of the folder. I looked around and saw a potential culprit was the setting automatically changing accent colors to match the background but that was never marked on. When the slideshow desktop background changes automatically and I'm working in a folder it doesn't jump or anything. I heard it might be something called auto-adjust in file explorer but I can't quite make heads or tails of it. I hear an option to turn it off should be under View in the context menu below hide file names but it isn't there.

So is there any way to stop the jumping to the top so I don't have to scroll down every time or is this an unfixable annoyance I'll just have to live with and adjust my habits accordingly? Thanks in advance.

:)

Kelazi5, Oct 10, 2016
  2. mferg82 Win User

Scroll bar jumping to top

I'm having an issue regarding the scroll bar automatically jumping to the top of the folder I'm in.

When I right click and set a desktop background, for example, the scroll bar jumps to the top of the folder. It won't stay put. Meaning I have to scroll all the way back down each time.

I'm sure it's a simple fix, and I'm just missing something?

Thanks

mferg82, Oct 10, 2016
  3. How to create a new theme from scratch in Windows 10?

Go to the folder with the pictures you want to use, select all of them and then click on the manage tab at the top of the page, click set as desktop background now the file will be added to themes. go to your desktop left click in the middle of your desktop
    select personalize, double click the folder and then save it.

rayseymour48, Oct 10, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, fwiw I can confirm that doesn't happen for me (14393.222).

I scrolled down to a picture, set it as background, and no change in the explorer window. Tried with a couple of different views.

You can auto-adjust column width- I don't know of anything else..

Suggestions;
    See if the same happens in Safe Mode (if that context menu entry is available then.....)
    Likewise after a clean boot
    Create a new user for test purpose and try that
    Disable context menu entries (see Shellmenuview, free) - but not MS ones and see if there's any effect.

dalchina, Oct 10, 2016
Thema:

1. Clicking 'Set As Desktop Background' jumps me to top of folder - Similar Threads - Clicking 'Set Desktop

2. Page jumping to the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page jumping to the top: I was sent a document to fill out. I downloaded it and saved it as a pdf. When I start filling it in and get halfway down the page, the page jumps to the top so I can’t see what I’m typing. Did I accidentally hit a key on my keyboard that’s doing this. Also, I keep my hands...
  3. Page jumping to the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page jumping to the top: I was sent a document to fill out. I downloaded it and saved it as a pdf. When I start filling it in and get halfway down the page, the page jumps to the top so I can’t see what I’m typing. Did I accidentally hit a key on my keyboard that’s doing this. Also, I keep my hands...
  4. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows explorer jumps to top: This seems to be an ongoing problem. I have folder hierarchies of up to 20 main folders with over 30 sub-folders in some cases. The cursor jumps to the top on many occasions leading me to choose the wrong folders. I have done away with a slideshow, changed the background...
  5. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer jumps to top: This seems to be an ongoing problem. I have folder hierarchies of up to 20 main folders with over 30 sub-folders in some cases. The cursor jumps to the top on many occasions leading me to choose the wrong folders. I have done away with a slideshow, changed the background...
  6. Setting a OneDrive folder as the folder for Desktop Background images

Setting a OneDrive folder as the folder for Desktop Background images: Hi, As recommened by MS I store all my pcitures on OneDrive, with the images set as Online access only a blue cloud icon. I want to set my dekstop background to shuffle through the photos and change on an interval basis. When I link to my OneDrive Folder the usual way...
  7. Desktop background are not sync with in settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop background are not sync with in settings.: I set a new background theme and I realized that the picture is not in sync. Say the picture in my settings is B, while the picture on my desktop is A. I'll give pictures so that you can understand it better.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] As you can see, my desktop picture is...
  8. File explorer jumps to favourite folders or top of current folder tree

File explorer jumps to favourite folders or top of current folder tree: I have seen discussions on this over many years. In the past this issue used to be caused by personalisation settings for example, when background was set to slide show, or colour was set to pick accent colour from my background. In the past I have used those fixes and...
  9. Screen Jumps back to the Top of the page in the folder after selecting clicking little box...

in Cortana
    Screen Jumps back to the Top of the page in the folder after selecting clicking little box...: I am frustrated because I am scanning down and selecting photos to delete from my photo folder, and it will just jump back to the top when I am trying to select another. It used to not do that. To avoid, I have to have the icons smaller so all photos are in the same screen....
  10. Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder: Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder I've been using Windows 10 since it came out in 2015 and this issue just started yesterday October 6, 2019. I found an old thread concerning this issue but my current windows settings are the same as those recommended in that...