Windows 10: Clicking "Share" followed by "Your Phone" on apps that allow this does absolutely nothing....

Discus and support Clicking "Share" followed by "Your Phone" on apps that allow this does absolutely nothing.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have tried from Edge, Photos, and News apps. I click on "Share", and then "Your Phone", and it tells me that the link has been sent and that I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vouwrfract, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Clicking "Share" followed by "Your Phone" on apps that allow this does absolutely nothing....

I have tried from Edge, Photos, and News apps. I click on "Share", and then "Your Phone", and it tells me that the link has been sent and that I could close the window. However, absolutely nothing appears on my phone.

On the other hand, "continue on PC" works without any problems, and indeed, simply copying the link on my PC and pasting it in my phone (using the clipboard sync) works without problems.

What am I doing wrong here? I have the inbuilt Your Phone Companion in my Samsung Galaxy phone.

submitted by /u/vouwrfract
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vouwrfract, Jul 1, 2020

2. Clicking item in jump list for Microsoft apps does nothing

Hello,

On my Windows 10 PC, at first jump lists worked as expected but for the last 2 weeks if I click any item in a jump list for a Microsoft app it does nothing. For example, if I use the jump list to go to a pinned folder in File Explorer absolutely nothing
    happens. The same occurs for Excel, Word, and Powerpoint. The strange thing is the jump list works as expected for Chrome.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can resolve this? I use jump lists all the time out of habit, so its very disruptive to my workflow having this behavior.

Thanks,

Derek

Derek H.work., Jul 1, 2020
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Right click and then 'Share With' then 'Stop Sharing' -- does nothing (windows 10)?

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with HomeGroup in Windows 10, let me assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to run the HomeGroup troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on View All, in the left view pane.

• Find and click on HomeGroup and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Also I suggest you to refer to the below article on
    Share files in File Explorer, select Share over a network or on a shared PC
    from the drop down menu and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...e6a-8d98fc2bcf62/share-files-in-file-explorer

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Jul 1, 2020
  4. clayto Win User

Clicking "Share" followed by "Your Phone" on apps that allow this does absolutely nothing....

Your phone app not shown in background apps

At long last I am making progress getting YOUR PHONE to work again, but I am stuck at 60%. In the Troubleshooting advice it says to check that YOUR PHONE has permission to run in the background. Trouble is, Your Phone is simple NOT LISTED as an app to either disallow or allow to run in the background. It does not appear to exist! How can I deal with this?

clayto, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Clicking "Share" followed by "Your Phone" on apps that allow this does absolutely nothing....

1. Clicking "Share" followed by "Your Phone" on apps that allow this does absolutely nothing.... - Similar Threads - Clicking Share followed

2. Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing: I've tried a lot of things, but nothing seems to work, i know the USB ports work since when i plug my phone in it starts to charge. but it doesnt know that its plugged in to a computer. I've tried checking the drivers, but there are no slots Mouse, Phone so i cant update...
  3. Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing: I've tried a lot of things, but nothing seems to work, i know the USB ports work since when i plug my phone in it starts to charge. but it doesnt know that its plugged in to a computer. I've tried checking the drivers, but there are no slots Mouse, Phone so i cant update...
  4. Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Your Phone app does not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone app does not working?: I recently updated Your phone app from windows store and now it does not working. When I open the app, its opens and closes automatically. It open just for 1 or 2 seconds then it will closes....
  6. Your Phone app does not working?

Your Phone app does not working?: I recently updated Your phone app from windows store and now it does not working. When I open the app, its opens and closes automatically. It open just for 1 or 2 seconds then it will closes....
  7. Actions -> Allow Does nothing for "blocked" app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Actions -> Allow Does nothing for "blocked" app: Windows decided this week was the week to delete a trustworthy app because there was PUP in the installer. Low risk, but hey let's screw up the user's life.In protection history, I have an entry. It says Status: Remove. Date was around the last time I ran windows update,...
  8. Clicking does nothing in Microsoft photos app

Clicking does nothing in Microsoft photos app: Clicking on any of the options does nothing. Clicking on the timeline does nothing, click-dragging also does nothing. Mouse is completely non functional in *this app alone*...
  9. Your Phone app on PC displays nothing

Your Phone app on PC displays nothing: In short, the app appears to load and it seems I've successfully linked my phone, but I can't actually do anything in the app. There's nothing to click. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I've got no clue what the problem is. I've tried resetting the app several times, to no avail. I've...
  10. It so nice that your phone does not work at all in the Czech Republic!!! It is absolutely...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    It so nice that your phone does not work at all in the Czech Republic!!! It is absolutely...: It so nice that your phone does not work at all in the Czech Republic!!! It is absolutely horrible, can you call me from a different number. I have phone 737767675. Thanks...