Windows 10: Clicking some icons in webpages such as "Get the app" does not work

Discus and support Clicking some icons in webpages such as "Get the app" does not work in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Windows 10 this week. A problem I'm experiencing is that in certain webpages, clicking on linked icons does nothing (for example,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tchr22, Nov 20, 2015.

1. tchr22 Win User

Clicking some icons in webpages such as "Get the app" does not work

I just upgraded to Windows 10 this week. A problem I'm experiencing is that in certain webpages, clicking on linked icons does nothing (for example, "like" buttons on websites or clicking "Get the app" in the Microsoft download website).

I vaguely remember that I actually had the same issue when I was using Windows 8, and it seemed to be fixed with a reboot, but not now. Is it browser-related?

(Not a big fan of Windows 10 so far... I've already fixed a non-working start menu, and I've given up on trying to get the calculator app to work... it always shut down immediately after opening and then trying the online suggested fix to register the app just made the icon gray out and not even be clickable... and now I'm having this problem. .)

Can anyone help? I can't find this issue on any online forum.

Thanks,
    Shelley

:)

tchr22, Nov 20, 2015

2. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Nov 20, 2015
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

i contacted nokia who replied :

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

I appreciate your feedback. However, at the moment the Nokia Software Updater does not support Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070.

In response to your email, there are no issues with Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070. Please take both phones to your nearest Nokia Care Point. The technicians will assess if a repair is required and advise if this may be covered under the warranty.

went to carphone warehouse & explained the problem,

the lady i dealt with told me that this IS a problem she has seen over & over again.

because the phone was still within the 14day period they exchanged it for a different handset [for which i needed to fork out another load of £££'s. guess i should've spent more in the first place!!]

i asked what they will do with my returned phone,

she said it'll be added to the collection of them which need to send back to nokia.

perhaps nokia are in denial cause they havent had the stores returns yet?

anyway,

i hope everyone else will be fortunate enough to get a replacement.

kareldevelop, Nov 20, 2015
Thema:

Clicking some icons in webpages such as "Get the app" does not work

1. Clicking some icons in webpages such as "Get the app" does not work - Similar Threads - Clicking icons webpages

2. Windows update does not show. clicking on the icon in home does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update does not show. clicking on the icon in home does not work.: Already tried to go in GPedit.msc and disable the hide settings option. Tried DSIM and SFC. Restarted a few times. Happened randomly. tried to go into Windows update using the start menu. Restarted Windows update service a few times.System Information-Windows insider. build...
  3. Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app: When I click on a taskbar icon of a program I'm viewing it doesn't minimize. My old computer did this. Is there a setting I can change to make this happen?...
  4. Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app: When I click on a taskbar icon of a program I'm viewing it doesn't minimize. My old computer did this. Is there a setting I can change to make this happen?...
  5. Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. For some apps, taskbar right-click menu does nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    For some apps, taskbar right-click menu does nothing: I'm not sure when this issue appeared, but it's been happening for at least a month. I hoped it would just go away on its own, but it hasn't and I can't find anyone else online with exactly the same issue, so I guess I'll post here. The bug is this: when I right-click on...
  7. Only some webpages and apps connecting to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Only some webpages and apps connecting to internet: I have a windows 10 PC that uses ethernet, as soon as i have sighned in there is only certain websites and applications that will load, the ones that dont load will just say “site cant be reached” i have run every troubleshooter through google and windows settings and they...
  8. Windows Right click, some apps not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Right click, some apps not working: From today, when I right click the windows symbol on the task bar, the following apps wont launch. Event viewer, Device manager, disc management, computer management, powershell, powershell admin, task manager, file explorer. If I use search and find them that way, they work...
  9. Some webpages load twice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some webpages load twice: Is there a way to fix pages loading twice I edge, like national geographic for example? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-webpages-load-twice/9eed64ef-675b-490e-9e9d-25d32df125f3
  10. Cannot click on icons in start menu, or some windows apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot click on icons in start menu, or some windows apps: I've been looking around for a solution for about an hour now - all I can find are problems relating to the mouse not working at all, or the start menu not opening at all. My issue is that my mouse works in every way except inside the start menu. I've also noticed that I...