Windows 10: Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

Discus and support Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I click on a taskbar icon of a program I'm viewing it doesn't minimize. My old computer did this. Is there a setting I can change to make this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pfeiffman, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Pfeiffman Win User

Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

When I click on a taskbar icon of a program I'm viewing it doesn't minimize. My old computer did this. Is there a setting I can change to make this happen?

:)

Pfeiffman, Sep 26, 2022
  2. cyber Win User

How to minimize the icons that appear when I right click any taskbar

I have pinned MS Word and Excel to my taskbar and when I right click either icon, the last used files are listed. On Win 7 there was a way of increasing the number of files showing on this list, if I remember well. Since I have 5 pinned files on top of the list, there is not much space left for showing other files unless I find a way of minimizing the icons on the list.

cyber, Sep 26, 2022
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

Minimize Chrome to taskbar with click

I have always been able to minimize applications to the taskbar when clicking on that icon on the taskbar but lately Google Chrome wouldn't (every thing else minimizes when clicking on it)

I can click on the Chrome icon on the taskbar to open the browser but when I click on the Chrome icon again, the browser will not minimize down (every thing else does though)...could it be something in Windows Settings?

IF YOU HAVE THIS ISSUE AS WELL, RESET CHROME!!

kansas-dude, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

1. Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app - Similar Threads - Clicking taskbar icon

2. Randomly Cannot Click Icons on Taskbar and/or Minimize, Maximize or Close Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Randomly Cannot Click Icons on Taskbar and/or Minimize, Maximize or Close Windows: Hello,For about a month or so now, I cannot remember exactly when, my computer randomly will not let me click on any pinned icons on the taskbar and even minimize/close open windows. I have a brand new computer with Windows 11 Home so this is very frustrating, to say the...
  3. Randomly Cannot Click Icons on Taskbar and/or Minimize, Maximize or Close Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Randomly Cannot Click Icons on Taskbar and/or Minimize, Maximize or Close Windows: Hello,For about a month or so now, I cannot remember exactly when, my computer randomly will not let me click on any pinned icons on the taskbar and even minimize/close open windows. I have a brand new computer with Windows 11 Home so this is very frustrating, to say the...
  4. Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app: When I click on a taskbar icon of a program I'm viewing it doesn't minimize. My old computer did this. Is there a setting I can change to make this happen?...
  5. Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app: When I click on a taskbar icon of a program I'm viewing it doesn't minimize. My old computer did this. Is there a setting I can change to make this happen?...
  6. Clicking Icon on Taskbar Does Not Switch to Program

Clicking Icon on Taskbar Does Not Switch to Program: I've tried the fix that is shown under this heading, but I don't have the taskbar options tab, so I don't have the Always on top option. Unless I minimise other windows the one I click on the taskbar doesn't open, although it may do on a double click Any ideas?...
  7. Cannot click taskbar or window minimize, maximize, and close icons

Cannot click taskbar or window minimize, maximize, and close icons: Since the last week the computer has gone into a mode where the taskbar and window interaction icons cannot be clicked. Chrome tabs cannot be interacted with. Keyboard navigation works. The Mouse doesn't seem to have anything to do with it-- neither external mouse nor...
  8. Clicking the minimize icon CLOSES the site!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clicking the minimize icon CLOSES the site!: Clicking on the "minimize" button closes the site as opposed to making it smaller! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clicking-the-minimize-icon-closes-the-site/3a844758-c6b2-4b04-b71b-9f9120ace6e5
  9. Minimize Chrome to taskbar with click

Minimize Chrome to taskbar with click: I have always been able to minimize applications to the taskbar when clicking on that icon on the taskbar but lately Google Chrome wouldn't (every thing else minimizes when clicking on it) I can click on the Chrome icon on the taskbar to open the browser but when I click on...
  10. When left clicked icons in taskbar do not minimize

in Windows 10 Support
    When left clicked icons in taskbar do not minimize: It used to be that when you had a window open you could minimize it by clicking it corresponding icon in the task bar. that feature appears to no longer work and you must open each window individually and go to the minimize icon in that window to minimize it. or you can hover...