Windows 10: Clicking taskbar icon starts wrong program.

Discus and support Clicking taskbar icon starts wrong program. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Bible program in my taskbar that when I click on it, a popup appears asking if I want to continue installing Office Professional 2003, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by oldyeller38, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Clicking taskbar icon starts wrong program.

I have a Bible program in my taskbar that when I click on it, a popup appears asking if I want to continue installing Office Professional 2003, which is already installed. If I let it run the message pops up that is attached by screen capture. Even if I try to start eSword from ‘All Apps’ I’m presented with the same issue. After clicking in the cancel window some 4-5 times of the Office window, then eSword will open. It isn’t a major issue, just a nuisance.
    It must have something to do with the fact that I finally got back to Windows 10 Pro from a Reflect Image backup I did back in July when I first up-graded to 10 from 7.
    Any suggestions why this is happening?

:)

oldyeller38, Nov 29, 2016

2. How to launch an installed app outside of Store

(You find it from recently added programs from the start menu) right click on the icon>more >pin to taskbar.

Or other method: right click on the icon> pin to start>right click on the pinned icon from the start menu>more>pin to taskbar

If you not have a icon on the start menu try the following : use the cortana search bar enter the text Windows Scan>right click>pin to taskbar.

Regards.

IT Guy Viki, Nov 29, 2016
  3. program startup fails

when i click on desktop icon to start a program the program runs but there is no display. all i get is an icon on the taskbar. if i left click on the taskbar icon i get a one inch square screen that will not expand. all i can do is end the program. i have
    deleted the program and reinstalled it but it did not fix the problem.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

KennethBowden, Nov 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Clicking taskbar icon starts wrong program.

Hi, when you restored the image, was what you restored sufficient to give you a completely consistent working environment?

For example, some people install programs on D:. Did you restore only all the Windows partitions (Recovery, System, your Windows partition, EFI partition (assuming you use UEFI)?

And what happens if you make the required file available?

dalchina, Nov 30, 2016
Thema:

Clicking taskbar icon starts wrong program.

1. Clicking taskbar icon starts wrong program. - Similar Threads - Clicking taskbar icon

2. I cannot right click on taskbar program icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot right click on taskbar program icons: Windows 10, 22H2, build 19045.3324Of course, I have googled this and have found similar situations. I CAN right click on windows icon and the icons on the right part of the taskbar notif icon, time icon, network icon, etc.I CANNOT right click on pinned and open programs! I...
  3. I cannot right click on taskbar program icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot right click on taskbar program icons: Windows 10, 22H2, build 19045.3324Of course, I have googled this and have found similar situations. I CAN right click on windows icon and the icons on the right part of the taskbar notif icon, time icon, network icon, etc.I CANNOT right click on pinned and open programs! I...
  4. I cannot right click on taskbar program icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Clicking Icon on Taskbar Does Not Switch to Program

Clicking Icon on Taskbar Does Not Switch to Program: I've tried the fix that is shown under this heading, but I don't have the taskbar options tab, so I don't have the Always on top option. Unless I minimise other windows the one I click on the taskbar doesn't open, although it may do on a double click Any ideas?...
  6. Unable to click on taskbar/start menu icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to click on taskbar/start menu icons: This is an odd problem, but it seems there are moments when I cannot click on my taskbar/start menu. When hovering over the icons, they aren't highlighted. I'm unsure if this is a problem with my mouse (I use a Logitech G502), but it seems that I can temporarily click on...
  7. Whats wrong with taskbar icons?

Whats wrong with taskbar icons?: [ATTACH] Taskbar icons are shown as default placeholders for quite some time. Doesnt matter if only one program is open or lots. Any ideas? testing icons 1 testing icons 2 after some quite random time, it shows what it is supposed to, however this is annoying. after...
  8. Whats wrong with taskbar icons?

Whats wrong with taskbar icons?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TBacavuz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhdpyp/whats_wrong_with_taskbar_icons/
  9. Taskbar pinned program Icon display single instance wrong Icon.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar pinned program Icon display single instance wrong Icon.: Here is what I hoped for. A pinned program when clicked just gets underlined and when moused over shows windows active. It does not replicate it self filling the task bar. The shortcut settings pass any parameters to the program when started. I have read a lot about this and...
  10. Taskbar right click on icons colour wrong

Taskbar right click on icons colour wrong: Had Windows 10 installed but gave to many problems with some games i play so decided to go back to Windows 8.1. The problem i have is when i right click on a icon on the taskbar the popup box/menu colour is all wrong any idea how to fix this? Screen shot: [img] 16950