Windows 10: Clicking the speaker in a Chrome tab doesn't do anything anymore

Discus and support Clicking the speaker in a Chrome tab doesn't do anything anymore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, so around a week ago the functionality of the speaker "icon" that you are supposed to be able to click to mute a tab in Google Chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MaGlCMaN, Jul 11, 2016.

1. MaGlCMaN Win User

Clicking the speaker in a Chrome tab doesn't do anything anymore

Hey guys, so around a week ago the functionality of the speaker "icon" that you are supposed to be able to click to mute a tab in Google Chrome randomly stopped working. I recently made some tweaks to Windows 10 due to making a fresh install of the OS but unfortunately don't remember a lot of the things I did. I can't really recall anything I did as seeming like it could affect anything to do with Chrome however, again, I don't remember everything *Sad

Anyone have any ideas as to why this could have happened?

Thanks for reading!

:)

MaGlCMaN, Jul 11, 2016

2. My PC just ignores some scripts for some reason

It seems like my PC is refusing to running some scripts on websites (I don't know much about HTML so I can't say exactly what it is) and it happens in every browser. I usually use Chrome, and tried it with Edge and it didn't work either. I thought it could
    be a firewall issue and turning it off didn't do anything. An example is on the new tab page on Chrome, there's an account button in the upper right hand corner you use to logout or switch accounts and when I click it all it does is get darker and then it
    doesn't do anything. Like it knows I'm clicking the button but it doesn't do what the button is supposed to do. I also can't login to this website called skillsuccess. I have no idea what's wrong.

Lonk from PA, Jul 11, 2016
  3. bluetooth

open the sound control panel, then the playback tab, and click on your speaker (once it's connected) and click set default. If you don't want to use your speaker anymore just set your PC's speaker back to default.

Also, in iTunes, click "Edit", click "Preferences". Change the "Play Audio Using" setting to "Direct Sound". Restart Itunes and it should connect.

Let us know if that works or not.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 11, 2016
  4. MaGlCMaN Win User

Nevermind, I fixed it. I thought that since I could still see the speaker icon in the tab that meant that its functionality was enabled. Despite my thinking, I went to chrome://flags/#enable-tab-audio-muting to see if it was indeed still enabled but somehow it got disabled. All I had to do was enable it and its working fine now.

MaGlCMaN, Jul 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Clicking the speaker in a Chrome tab doesn't do anything anymore - Similar Threads - Clicking speaker Chrome

2. Clicking "Manage Offline Files" doesn't do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking "Manage Offline Files" doesn't do anything: I tried to disable the sync option but when I try it by using the "Manage offline files" the window that's suppose to appear, doesn't.Any reason why? Or alternatives to this?...
  3. Clicking "Manage Offline Files" doesn't do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking "Manage Offline Files" doesn't do anything: I tried to disable the sync option but when I try it by using the "Manage offline files" the window that's suppose to appear, doesn't.Any reason why? Or alternatives to this?...
  4. Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked: I'm trying to update to Windows 10 version 21H2, but when I click on it nothing happens. Here's what happensI am aware that someone else has asked this before, but none of the fixes seem to work...
  5. Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked: I'm trying to update to Windows 10 version 21H2, but when I click on it nothing happens. Here's what happensI am aware that someone else has asked this before, but none of the fixes seem to work...
  6. Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Google Chrome doesn't open anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome doesn't open anymore: Hi. I have a PC that runs Windows 10 When I click on the Google Chrome icon (in the taskbar) it doesn't open anymore. What happened? What I could try to fix this problem? Thanks...
  8. Right Click on Mouse doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right Click on Mouse doesn't work anymore: Hi I bought a new MICROSOFT wireless mouse and keyboard, and I can't get the mouse's right click to work. Oddly, it seems to think there are two mouse devices connected: I get this error if I look at the mouse, the keyboard works fine. Log Name:...
  9. Win + Tab doesn't open task view anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win + Tab doesn't open task view anymore: I think I pressed a combination of buttons on accident and now my win + tab shortcut selects things. How to I switch it back to task view?...
  10. Start Menu programs broken (clicking on them doesn't do anything)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu programs broken (clicking on them doesn't do anything): Hello, Here's the situation: I start my PC, and get to the desktop. I press the Win key, which opens up the Start menu, then type in (to search), say, Discord. It finds "Discord" for "Best match", and it's a "Desktop app". That's normal so far. I click on Discord,...