Windows 10: Clicking Windows/Search/Cortana button launches on main screen instead of the one clicked on

Discus and support Clicking Windows/Search/Cortana button launches on main screen instead of the one clicked on in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically, title. I am clicking the search button or windows button from the taskbar in my left screen (or generally my secondary one), and the box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Andreas0Cool, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Clicking Windows/Search/Cortana button launches on main screen instead of the one clicked on

Basically, title. I am clicking the search button or windows button from the taskbar in my left screen (or generally my secondary one), and the box opens in my main one regardless what I do. Any fix? I remember when I did a fresh install of Windows that this worked fine and I had no problems.

submitted by /u/Andreas0Cool
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Andreas0Cool, Aug 5, 2020

2. How to enable Cortana to launch programs and music, instead of Bing Searching everything?

In this case, we suggest that you disable Windows Search from the
    Services settings. Please be reminded to backup your files before proceeding to this troubleshooting. To disable
    Windows Search, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Services on the search box.
    • Click on Services.
    • From the list, double-click Windows Search.
    • Select Disabled on the drop-down field on Startup type.
    • Click on the Stop button on Service status.
    • After following the steps, restart your PC and try to open an app or program using
      Cortana.

If you have additional questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 5, 2020
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Aug 5, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Clicking Windows/Search/Cortana button launches on main screen instead of the one clicked on

Single-click or double-click?

As the title says, do you single-click or double-click on your shortcuts to open your apps?

I'm a fan of single-click, the only downside is that often when I click on a message in de list of my mails in Outlook it can open the mail in a window...
    Not always but besides that, single-click works best for me.

P4-630, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Clicking Windows/Search/Cortana button launches on main screen instead of the one clicked on

1. Clicking Windows/Search/Cortana button launches on main screen instead of the one clicked on - Similar Threads - Clicking Search Cortana

2. cant click start button and search bar

in Cortana
    cant click start button and search bar: hi, i just changed the the administrator in my C drive, it was normal before but then i restart my computer and now i cant click the start windows logo and the search bar. the windows button in my keyboard still work fine tho, i still can use Win+r and Win+I, oh and whenever...
  3. cant click start button and search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant click start button and search bar: hi, i just changed the the administrator in my C drive, it was normal before but then i restart my computer and now i cant click the start windows logo and the search bar. the windows button in my keyboard still work fine tho, i still can use Win+r and Win+I, oh and whenever...
  4. cant click start button and search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. (HELP) left clicking on windows and search button wont work and right clicking on taskbar...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (HELP) left clicking on windows and search button wont work and right clicking on taskbar...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IshaanDewan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ib02af/help_left_clicking_on_windows_and_search_button/
  6. Buttons Not Clicking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Buttons Not Clicking: This issue was very sudden and I'm yet to find any useful info. About two days ago I disconnected one of my wireless earphones from my laptop because I didn't want it to keep automatically connect to my laptop, a few hours later I went to connect them again and tried to add...
  7. print screen button on right click

print screen button on right click: Is possible to add a right-click function to right-click drop-down to print screen, or save screen. It would be perfect for online orders and things that need to be saved. for ease of explaining problems or troubleshooting of schematics, just problem solving in general. I...
  8. One Click to Metro Screen

One Click to Metro Screen: Question: Can the Windows Key be configured to open the Metro Screen? I see in startup how to change pc to startup to metro instead of desktop mode. That's not what I want. I want to know if there is a one-click option to jump right to the FULL screen of Metro Apps. My...
  9. Cortana voice recognition on button click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana voice recognition on button click: Hi everyone, I recently upgraded my media center to Windows 10, because I wanted to use Cortana. Basically, what I want to do is, press a button on my remote and then "talk" to Cortana. However I cannot find any hotkey, that essentially does the click on the "listen"...
  10. Unable to click Start and Cortana search buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to click Start and Cortana search buttons: Hi, I was hoping I can get some advise here. Previously I posted it on Technet but no one answer. I have just upgraded 50 and more of my users to Windows 10 build 10586, and I realize that some of their search and Windows button are not responding when click. Steps...