Windows 10: Clickonce install fails with ARP entry in registry not found

Discus and support Clickonce install fails with ARP entry in registry not found in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot install a Clickonce application to a Win 10 Machine. The same app installs fine to other machines. Here is the pertinent part of the log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by petedashwood, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Clickonce install fails with ARP entry in registry not found

I cannot install a Clickonce application to a Win 10 Machine. The same app installs fine to other machines.

Here is the pertinent part of the log file:

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [14/03/2019 10:30:03 a.m.] : Activation of https://primacomputing.co.nz/xxxxxx....PRIMAMigrationToolset.application has started.
    * [14/03/2019 10:30:05 a.m.] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
    * [14/03/2019 10:30:05 a.m.] : Installation of the application has started.
    * [14/03/2019 10:30:06 a.m.] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
    * [14/03/2019 10:30:13 a.m.] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.
    * [14/03/2019 10:30:13 a.m.] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.
    * [14/03/2019 10:32:33 a.m.] : Downloading of subscription dependencies is complete.
    * [14/03/2019 10:32:33 a.m.] : Commit of the downloaded application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [14/03/2019 10:32:49 a.m.] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (InvalidARPEntry)
    - ARP entry 1a3b010cf7286b10 does not exist.
    - Source: System.Deployment
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.ShellExposure.RemoveArpEntry(DefinitionIdentity subId)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ShellExposure.RemoveSubscriptionShellExposure(SubscriptionState subState)
    at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.UninstallSubscription(SubscriptionState subState)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.UninstallApplicationAndRedirectActivation(Boolean& isShortCut, Uri& deploymentProviderUri, String textualSubId, Uri activationUri)
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.UninstallApplicationAndRedirectActivation(Boolean& isShortCut, Uri& deploymentProviderUri, String textualSubId, Uri activationUri)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.CleanApplicationReInstall(Boolean isShortcut, Uri deploymentUri, Uri activationUri, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String textualSubId, String errorPageUrl, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, String shortcutFilePath)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
    --- Inner Exception ---
    System.ArgumentException
    - Cannot delete a subkey tree because the subkey does not exist.
    - Source: mscorlib
    - Stack trace:
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
    at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.DeleteSubKeyTree(String subkey, Boolean throwOnMissingSubKey)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ShellExposure.RemoveArpEntry(DefinitionIdentity subId)
    * [14/03/2019 10:32:49 a.m.] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (InvalidARPEntry)
    - ARP entry 1a3b010cf7286b10 does not exist.
    - Source: System.Deployment
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.ShellExposure.RemoveSubscriptionShellExposure(SubscriptionState subState)
    at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.UninstallSubscription(SubscriptionState subState)
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.CleanApplicationReInstall(Boolean isShortcut, Uri deploymentUri, Uri activationUri, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String textualSubId, String errorPageUrl, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, String shortcutFilePath)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
    --- Inner Exception ---
    System.ArgumentException
    - Cannot delete a subkey tree because the subkey does not exist.
    - Source: mscorlib
    - Stack trace:
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
    at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.DeleteSubKeyTree(String subkey, Boolean throwOnMissingSubKey)

I use Clickonce for deployng C# applications all the tme and find it xcellent However, I have no idea what this is about and no clue as to how to fix it.

I tried rolling the system back to a restore point but it made no difference.

Please help.

Pete.

:)

petedashwood, Mar 13, 2019

2. ARP in windows 10

"The ARP entry addition failed: Access is denied." How do I delete the ARP entry for the gateway in Windows 10 ?

I tried as Admin:

netsh interface ip delete neighbors "LOCAL ETHERNET" 192.168.1.254

arp -d 192.168.1.254

but without result.

PS 192.168.1.254 - gateway

Regards

MR

Marcin Roczek, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Rooke Win User
    Miscellaneous Registry entries?

W1zzard: Miscellaneous Registry entries?

For W1zzard,

*Respect :respect:

What are the registry entry names and data types for the Miscellaneous entries:

Currently selected Catalyst A.I. level, and Geometry Instancing Enabled?

I can't find anything that looks like those that are defined in that registry key, and I have to manually set them everytime I reboot my PC. *Frown Clickonce install fails with ARP entry in registry not found :(

It would be nice to be able to keep them set across reboots. *Smile Clickonce install fails with ARP entry in registry not found :)

Or are they taken care in version 0.25b11? I'm currently using 0.24.

Rooke, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Clickonce install fails with ARP entry in registry not found

Registry entries missing

Hi Arvid,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

This might be due to the registry entries getting corrupted or missing. I would suggest you to click the article given below and try the 3rd step from the article first. If that doesn't work, continue with the other suggested troubleshooting steps one after
    the other.

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Clickonce install fails with ARP entry in registry not found

1. Clickonce install fails with ARP entry in registry not found - Similar Threads - Clickonce install fails

2. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  3. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  4. Registry Entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Registry Entry: Does anyone know what this registry entry is? When I run McAfee Quick Clean this registry entry can never be removed, is there a reason? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab}...
  5. registry entries

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    registry entries: ActiveX/COM Issue LocalServer32\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe -ToastNotifier HKCR\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab} https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/registry-entries/739b6f1f-5482-41d7-98cc-c9cfc7df078c
  6. ClickOnce Install failing with "The network path was not found"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ClickOnce Install failing with "The network path was not found": We have users setup around the world. We have an app that is deployed via ClickOnce. For the majority of our users this app deploys and installs fine when they run the setup.exe from the server. However, one region is getting the error "the network path was not found"....
  7. ARP Entry Information

ARP Entry Information: Where can I get ARP Entry information? Are they stored in a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/arp-entry-information/8018c8a9-de82-41d4-a779-149c42ea8466
  8. Entries in Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Entries in Registry: Hello, While making some registry editing, found 17 entries named "Sign.Media". Don't know what it is, have not any program this name. Can I remove them from the registry ? Answers will be appreciated Thanks 140198
  9. Invalid Registry for Entry

Invalid Registry for Entry: HELP!!!!! I cannot open any photos as I keep getting Invalid Registry for Entry message. What is that? Up until a few days ago I had no problem. Can anyone help me?...
  10. Garbled Registry Entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Garbled Registry Entries: Hello, Was looking at registry to make a backup of some entries and saw the following garbled entries. Was wondering what this was all about. Recently, my machine, after latest windows updates, has been having issues waking up after Hibernate. This issue seemed to be...