Windows 10: clicks to show the available networks are being ignored

Discus and support clicks to show the available networks are being ignored in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Surface running build 1709 has a saved wireless connection and it's connecting to it just fine. But if I want to switch to any other wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mauricev, Jul 7, 2018.

1. mauricev Win User

clicks to show the available networks are being ignored

My Surface running build 1709 has a saved wireless connection and it's connecting to it just fine.

But if I want to switch to any other wireless network, I cannot. Left-clicking the wireless icon in the system tray gets ignored. Right-clicking works, bringing up the troubleshooting/open network and settings popup menu.

Choosing this second option brings up a window with an option to "show available networks"

Yep, you guessed it, it's also being ignored.

Rebooting makes no difference. Ran Wise Care also no difference. Toggled airplane mode, no difference.

:)

mauricev, Jul 7, 2018

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Cyclelegs Win User
    Available Networks Not Showing

My list of available wifi networks has suddenly stopped showing in windows 10. The list of networks is not showing when I click the system wifi icon in the notification bar. The list of networks does not show using 'show available networks' in Windows
    Settings. Windows Settings will crash if I go to the WiFi page and select 'Manage Known Networks'.

I am connected to the internet using my normal WiFi. I created a wlan report. It seems to show that the wlan is working fine. I can list the available networks using the cmd line 'netsh wlan show networks'. They all show up as they should.

So, it appears the hardware is working but some windows module has stopped working and providing the list of available networks.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cyclelegs, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Cyclelegs Win User

Available Networks Not Showing in Windows 10

Recently my list of WiFi Networks has stopped displaying when I am logged-in to my Local Windows 10 Account. 'Show Available Networks' does not show any networks.

This is a display issue not a network issue. There is nothing wrong with the core network management system and network trouble shooting steps are pointless.

I am able to show a list of networks by logging-out of my local windows 10 account and using the network connection manager from the 'Login' screen. Within my local Windows 10 account I can use netsh wlan commands to fully manage my wireless networks.

When I try to 'List Available Networks' when logged-in to Local Windows 10 account, I get an error logged in the windows event viewer logs:

Faulting application name: ShellExperienceHost.exe, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0x5ace103a

Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.17134.112, time stamp: 0x77b6f555

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x000000000009c275

Faulting process ID: 0x13f0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d40ef1a4578de3

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dll

Report ID: d0d123cf-3cc0-480b-ad57-1e479db387b3

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.17134.112_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Any suggestions on how to restore my network list display?

Cyclelegs, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

1. clicks to show the available networks are being ignored - Similar Threads - clicks show available

2. Unable to click on “show available networks” in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to click on “show available networks” in settings: Hi all,I understand that this may be a long shot, but I’m just hoping someone may know how to resolve this issue.My friend has been unable to click on the “show available networks” button for some unbeknown reason. We are also unable to click on the WiFi icon and show the...
  3. Unable to click on “show available networks” in settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to click on “show available networks” in settings: Hi all,I understand that this may be a long shot, but I’m just hoping someone may know how to resolve this issue.My friend has been unable to click on the “show available networks” button for some unbeknown reason. We are also unable to click on the WiFi icon and show the...
  4. Unable to click on “show available networks” in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Network not showing as available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network not showing as available.: New fibe modem installed. Win 10 laptop is not showing the available network. Other devices can connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-not-showing-as-available/44e4ca68-c7a4-444e-9f29-f87d76235e3f
  6. Network not showing as available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network not showing as available.: New fibe modem installed. Win 10 laptop is not showing the available network. Other devices can connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-not-showing-as-available/44e4ca68-c7a4-444e-9f29-f87d76235e3f
  7. Network not showing as available.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Certain Network Not Showing On Available Networks

Certain Network Not Showing On Available Networks: As of recently, my HP Laptop has lost the ability to find our specific Network. It Still displays other available connections, but ours is nowhere to be found. Other devices we own are able to connect in the same room but this laptop is unable. Any help would be appreciated...
  9. Windows ignores clicking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows ignores clicking: This problem is kinda rare and a restart solves it. But I want to know anyways what could cause it. Totally random, my everything freezes. Keyboard input and mouse movement work, but clicking doesn't. When I click on a window, it gets white, as if the mouse was NOT on that...
  10. Available Networks Not Being Displayed

Available Networks Not Being Displayed: Hello. For whatever reason, my laptop is not displaying available networks. Running the network troubleshooter returns nothing. I’ve already made certain that I didn’t accidentally leave airplane mode on. It won’t connect to the default Wi-Fi network, either. Any help would...