Windows 10: Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2

Discus and support Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Team,My customer have active directory on windows server 2008 R2- His windows server shutdown by electric power off- After Electric on then he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Veasna Ok, May 30, 2021.

1. Veasna Ok Win User

Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2

Hello Team,My customer have active directory on windows server 2008 R2- His windows server shutdown by electric power off- After Electric on then he start windows active directory on windows server 2008 R2- Normal the active directory - But new client unable to join the domain, it's alert: The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "domainname.com" . The network path was not found.Have you ever faced the issue before? , please help to comment and provide the solution

:)

Veasna Ok, May 30, 2021
  2. changari Win User

Raising the windows domain and forest issues?

hi,

I run a domain that was all 2003 r2 servers. I recently upgraded all my domain controllers to windows 2012 r2.
    That went off without any problems.. Our trust relationships had no issues also.

My first step was to raise the Domain and Forest levels past 2003 to 2008. This went off without a hitch.
    These are the features for raising the levels to 2008:

• Features and benefits include all default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2003 domain functional level, plus:
    • Read-Only Domain Controllers – Allows implementation of domain controllers that only host read-only copy of NTDS database.
    • Advanced Encryption Services – (AES 128 and 256) support for the Kerberos protocol.
    • Distributed File System Replication (DFSR) – Allows SYSVOL to replicate using DFSR instead of older File Replication Service (FRS). It provides more robust and detailed replication of SYSVOL contents.

Forest Level Windows Server 2008

• Features and benefits include all of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, but no additional features. All domains that are subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level by default.

My next step is to raise the domain and forest to 2008 r2, then 2012, and finally 2012 r2. I have been trying to find out exactly what I could expect from raising the Domain and Forest for each step.

The step involving 2008 r2 seems relatively a non issue. But getting the couple of new features seem very nice

Domain Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level, plus 2 new features

Forest Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, plus the following features:

• Active Directory Recycle Bin, which provides the ability to restore deleted objects in their entirety while AD DS is running. <== New Feature very cool
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 R2 domain functional level by default.

Here is my big concerns for the next raising of domain and forest to 2012.

Forest Level Windows Server 2012:

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2008 R2 forest functional level, but no additional features.
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2012 domain functional level by default.

Domain Level Windows Server 2012 R2: <=====
    Need to investigate more and why this post

• DC-side protections for Protected Users. Protected Users authenticating to a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain can no longer:

• Authenticate with NTLM authentication <==============(what issues may arise)
    • Use DES or RC4 cipher suites in Kerberos pre-authentication
    • Be delegated with unconstrained or constrained delegation
    • Renew user tickets (TGTs) beyond the initial 4-hour lifetime

Will this affect my exchange anywhere users with remote access authenticating either clear of NTLM???
    and what would/may not to work properly day 1 when I raise the domain and forest to 2012. I cant really find anyone that can answer a straight question.

Has anyone gone through this? what problems did you have, if any , if a lot???

Any thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated??

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

One more point... I am not sure if I posted this to the correct forum.. So if I was wrong and it should be in a different one..
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW

changari, May 30, 2021
  3. Convert Domain controller 2008 R2 to windows server 2019

Currently, our Domain Controller Running in Windows Server 2008 R2. and domain functions level is 2003, now we want to convert our domain
    controller in windows server 2019. is this possible?

KetanRajput, May 30, 2021
  4. Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2

Windows Server 2008 R2 unable to sync to domain

I have windows server 2008 R2 which is unble to communicate to AD after every 1 week , due , to which we're unable to login via domain credentials. I tried to rejoin the server to domain but the error came again.

Is it because of trust relationship error from DC?

BhanuPrat92, May 30, 2021
Thema:

Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2

1. Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2 - Similar Threads - Client cannot join

2. Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts: A laptop recently came to me that had been wiped by a 3rd party repair service. This has reset it from Edu Pro to Home version.I've reimaged it using an Edu Pro ISO from a USB, but I've had to create a temporary personal account to sign in to do so. I'm autopiloting it...
  3. Users can't change Password with windows 11 to the domain - windows server 2008 r2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users can't change Password with windows 11 to the domain - windows server 2008 r2: HI ,Our users who tries to change their password with Windows 11 , get this message: "insufficient system resources exist to complate the requested service"Our windows server with the domain controller is windows server 2008 r2.This issue happen only with Windows 11....
  4. Users can't change Password with windows 11 to the domain - windows server 2008 r2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Users can't change Password with windows 11 to the domain - windows server 2008 r2: HI ,Our users who tries to change their password with Windows 11 , get this message: "insufficient system resources exist to complate the requested service"Our windows server with the domain controller is windows server 2008 r2.This issue happen only with Windows 11....
  5. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  6. Can't enable Remote Desktop on a Windows 10 Pro computer joined to a Windows 2008 R2 domain...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't enable Remote Desktop on a Windows 10 Pro computer joined to a Windows 2008 R2 domain...: This problem seems to be associated with new user profiles. I'm starting to suspect corruption in my Active Directory. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-enable-remote-desktop-on-a-windows-10-pro/4d2ca206-9202-4dc8-a1eb-8fba329c73a9
  7. client/server on vb -joining domains error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    client/server on vb -joining domains error: hi there, I'm installing client/server architecture on the oracle vb. my platform is win 10 home. I would like to install server 2016 and win 10 pro on the vb. I've got both machines customized in settings and running. however when it came to joining domains, win 10 pro...
  8. Window 10 Pro join Windows 2008 R2 Domain problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 Pro join Windows 2008 R2 Domain problem?: Hi all, We recently added some Win10 Pro PC to our office, but we have some problem after join our domain. Join domain looks ok, administrator account can login/access all functions at those Win10 Pro PC. But when we use normal user accounts on those Win10 PC, trouble...
  9. Unable to join client to Domain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to join client to Domain: Hi Im setting up a brand new network and keep getting this error when trying to join computers to the network Please Help??!!! Been at this for 2 weeks still no head way te: This information is intended for a network administrator. If you are not your network's...
  10. cannot join domain on server 2003

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot join domain on server 2003: Hi all, since Microsoft released 1803 version of Windows 10, I am not able to join domain on SBS 2003 (single label). On June 2018 some updates was released in Win10 1709 and since then it is not possible to connect to domain too. The only solution is clean installation of...