Windows 10: Client can't join primary domain controller but secondary domain controller is working normal?

Discus and support Client can't join primary domain controller but secondary domain controller is working normal? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi team,I have two domain controller primary and secondary domain controller on windows server 2016 Standard. Now i have some issue with my client any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kimsengvit, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Client can't join primary domain controller but secondary domain controller is working normal?

Hi team,I have two domain controller primary and secondary domain controller on windows server 2016 Standard. Now i have some issue with my client any new client PC with windows 10 can't join primary domain controller but my secondary domain controller is working fine. I notice that yesterday i have try to install WSUS server But this server is other Host then a new PC can't join and also client configure DNS primary domain controller also can't access to website but ping to IP is working fine. I'm not sure 100% with WSUS server. Any idea?Best Regards,Kimseng

:)

kimsengvit, Jun 4, 2021

2. Anyone with domain controller migration experience?

I'm testing migration of our domain controllers on vmware from 2003 to 2008 before we go ahead with it on production. I have copies of two of the DCs in vmware, and two 2k8 installs. They're all host only with IPs in the same network. On the main 2k8 DC, I try and go through the migration process. But when it gets to the point of copying the data it gives an error:

The operation failed because:

The attempt failed to join this computer to the domain failed. "This operation is only allowed for the Primary Domain Controller of the domain."

Been googling this but not much luck so far

Hybrid_theory, Jun 4, 2021
  3. samanfard Win User
    Trust relationship between client and domain controller faild

Our Primary Domain Controller physically failed and now is
    off . Then I had to seize FSMO rolls to
    additional DC in our Domain .All needed rolls seized successfully ( netdom query shows the succession ) . but now I can not get session to the shared folders on servers or any client in domain by
    ip ( \ client-or-server-ip )and the message "
    the trust relationship between this workstation and primary domain controller failed " is shown . plus I
    have not any problem in Login to servers or clients and remote desktop is ok plus take session with name of server or client is ok
    but ip is not working and the mentioned message above is given . Can any body help ???

samanfard, Jun 4, 2021
  4. Client can't join primary domain controller but secondary domain controller is working normal?

Duplicated Domain Controllers

I was in the process of configuring Password and Desktop Background Polices at a company, but it has been unsuccessful so far. I tried ruining group policy updates on the client computers but not luck with that. I tried rejoining client computers to domain.

Initially I was told that there were 2 domain controllers with replication, only one has Group Policy Management configured.

After diving in, i realize there were 3 domain controllers , DC1,DC2,DC3.In the DNS entry it shows DC2 and DC3 have same IP Addresses. I'm not too sure if that's possible or if it may be the cause of the GPO issues. This is my first time coming across this
    and working with more than one domain controller in a domain.

When I connect using remote desktop, DC2 and DC3 brings me to the same desktop.When i run a nslookup they both bring back the same IP Address.

The Domain Controllers Also encounter issues replicating.In Group Policy Management it shows that DC3 is inaccessible.

DC2 is the Primary Domain Controller.

Should i delete DC3?

kazimplacide, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

Client can't join primary domain controller but secondary domain controller is working normal?

1. Client can't join primary domain controller but secondary domain controller is working normal? - Similar Threads - Client can't join

2. Windows 11 22H2 Domain Joined and the minimum Domain Controllers domain and forest...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 Domain Joined and the minimum Domain Controllers domain and forest...: I am writing to seek clarification and guidance regarding the domain joining requirements and the minimum domain controllers domain and forest functional level supported by Windows 11 22H2.Our organization is currently planning an upgrade to Windows 11 22H2 for our client...
  3. Windows 11 22H2 Domain Joined and the minimum Domain Controllers domain and forest...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22H2 Domain Joined and the minimum Domain Controllers domain and forest...: I am writing to seek clarification and guidance regarding the domain joining requirements and the minimum domain controllers domain and forest functional level supported by Windows 11 22H2.Our organization is currently planning an upgrade to Windows 11 22H2 for our client...
  4. Make Second Domain Controller Primary

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make Second Domain Controller Primary: I have 2 domain controllers, Primary is Windows Server 2012 and the secondary Domain Controller is Windows Server 2022. Primary successfully replicates to Secondary without issues and visa versa if I make changes in Secondary. I want to decommission the Primary DC, I followed...
  5. Make Second Domain Controller Primary

Make Second Domain Controller Primary: I have 2 domain controllers, Primary is Windows Server 2012 and the secondary Domain Controller is Windows Server 2022. Primary successfully replicates to Secondary without issues and visa versa if I make changes in Secondary. I want to decommission the Primary DC, I followed...
  6. Windows 10 can't join domain, can't ping gateway domain controller could not be contacted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can't join domain, can't ping gateway domain controller could not be contacted: Hi,I am a Sys Admin, been for 25+ years and this one has me stumped. I have a Windows 10 machine that has the proper IP configuration and was once a member of the domain. We had an issue where a DC went offline due to VM snapshots taking up space. We resolved that issue. I...
  7. Windows 10 can't join domain, can't ping gateway domain controller could not be contacted

Windows 10 can't join domain, can't ping gateway domain controller could not be contacted: Hi,I am a Sys Admin, been for 25+ years and this one has me stumped. I have a Windows 10 machine that has the proper IP configuration and was once a member of the domain. We had an issue where a DC went offline due to VM snapshots taking up space. We resolved that issue. I...
  8. Windows 10 can't join domain, can't ping gateway domain controller could not be contacted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Domain controller is not replicating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain controller is not replicating: Hi Techies,We have run in kind of a situation here in our estate. We found out that one of DC is not replicating properly with rest of them . On some troubleshooting I did reset affected DC password using netdom but that did not help and now it is saying "The naming context...
  10. Unable to join client to Domain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to join client to Domain: Hi Im setting up a brand new network and keep getting this error when trying to join computers to the network Please Help??!!! Been at this for 2 weeks still no head way te: This information is intended for a network administrator. If you are not your network's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. join computer to secondary domain controller