Windows 10: Client computer getting incorrect info from GPO

Discus and support Client computer getting incorrect info from GPO in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I run a Doman with two DC with AD and a few other servers and 40 computers. All client computers are in the same OU. I have recently got WSUS running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michael Leppelman, May 8, 2019.

1. Client computer getting incorrect info from GPO

I run a Doman with two DC with AD and a few other servers and 40 computers. All client computers are in the same OU. I have recently got WSUS running and I have a GPO set up called "WSUS - Client". in the GPO I have the following setting

Client computer getting incorrect info from GPO 8c6ff0ba-0c6d-486c-860d-12f6c189259a?upload=true.jpg

This is the RSOP results for several computers. Some computers have the correct info. Like I said before all computers are under the same OU

Client computer getting incorrect info from GPO 7412c392-5e98-4820-b9ae-ab31c1acd9ef?upload=true.jpg

I have looked at all GPOs and this is the only GPO with info for WSUS.

I tried removing a computer from the domain and reinstalling it and this didn't fix the problem. I have move computer to a different OU under the domain and then back. This didn't change anything either.

:)

Michael Leppelman, May 8, 2019
  2. theonedub Win User

GPUz Incorrect Info GF117

I've got the GT620M in a Zenbook and the newest version of GPUz has it listed as a 40nm part whereas all other info on the web suggests its 28nm. Can you investigate, W1z?

Thanks

theonedub, May 8, 2019
  3. GPO to client computer shutdown

I have windows 2016 server and client pcs are windows 10. I want to shutdown client pc when it idle for 1 hour. I have applied below gpo settings but it can't work. Some one help to resolved it.

Computer Configuration >> Preferences >> Control Panel Setting >> Schedule Task

Task Tab

Name : Shutdown

Run: %SystemRoot%\System32\shutdown.exe

Arguments : -f -s

Start in : C:\Windows\System32

Schedule Tab

Daily 6:00 am

Setting Tab

Tick mark on only start the task if the computer has been idle for at least 60 minutes

Common Tab

Item-level targeting >> OU=***,DC=***,DC=local

Computer in OU

Man Bhakta Maharjan, May 8, 2019
  4. Client computer getting incorrect info from GPO

Windows server 2012R2 GPO failed to apply on windows 10 creators update clients

I have a PDC windows server 2012R2 and BDC 2012R2, GPO is configured in BDC.

I have the below GPO's configured.

->By default, my company intranet page is the default page in internet explorer.

->Lock screen

These are not getting applied on the windows 10 clients where as the remaining clients like windows 7, windows 8.1 are able get these GPO settings.

GPResult command shows that the settings are applied but actually they are not.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Harish Reddy, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Client computer getting incorrect info from GPO

1. Client computer getting incorrect info from GPO - Similar Threads - Client computer getting

2. issues getting computer restart GPO to work on local computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    issues getting computer restart GPO to work on local computers: Hello everyone. I'm having an issue with getting my weekly restart GPO to work properly. I have tested the script being used for the command on my system and it works just fine. However, it appears that the Task Scheduler task that was applied via GPO failed to run properly....
  3. issues getting computer restart GPO to work on local computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    issues getting computer restart GPO to work on local computers: Hello everyone. I'm having an issue with getting my weekly restart GPO to work properly. I have tested the script being used for the command on my system and it works just fine. However, it appears that the Task Scheduler task that was applied via GPO failed to run properly....
  4. How to get the IP address and Port info of a RDP client?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get the IP address and Port info of a RDP client?: Hi,I'm trying to find the way to discover the source public IP and port which was used to establish the RDP connection. I tried the following ways:1 Audit log event 4624, only source IP is included, the source port is empty for RDP.2 Terminal services local session manager...
  5. How to get the IP address and Port info of a RDP client?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the IP address and Port info of a RDP client?: Hi,I'm trying to find the way to discover the source public IP and port which was used to establish the RDP connection. I tried the following ways:1 Audit log event 4624, only source IP is included, the source port is empty for RDP.2 Terminal services local session manager...
  6. How to get the IP address and Port info of a RDP client?

7. How to get the IP address and Port info for a RDP client?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get the IP address and Port info for a RDP client?: Hi,I'm trying to find the way to discover the source public IP and port which was used to establish the RDP connection. I tried the following ways:1 Audit log event 4624, only source IP is included, the source port is empty for RDP.2 Terminal services local session manager...
  8. How to get the IP address and Port info for a RDP client?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the IP address and Port info for a RDP client?: Hi,I'm trying to find the way to discover the source public IP and port which was used to establish the RDP connection. I tried the following ways:1 Audit log event 4624, only source IP is included, the source port is empty for RDP.2 Terminal services local session manager...
  9. How to get the IP address and Port info for a RDP client?

10. GPO not applying to Windows 10 Clients

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GPO not applying to Windows 10 Clients: Hi there, I have Windows Server 2019 standard installed and the GPO is not applying to the windows 10 clients clients. I have ran gpresult/r on one of the affected PC's and get the below results; RSOP data for domain\user on OFFICE4-NEW : Logging Mode...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. getting gpo from wrong server

2. gpo info from a pc