Windows 10: Client License Service not Starting Error 126

Discus and support Client License Service not Starting Error 126 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The Client License Service is not starting. I tried starting it manually, but It gave errors.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mohammad Nazir Khan, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Client License Service not Starting Error 126

The Client License Service is not starting. I tried starting it manually, but It gave errors.

:)

Mohammad Nazir Khan, Jun 14, 2022
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Group Policy Client Services

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which version of Windows is installed on your computer?
    2. Is your system connected to Domain network?

If you are not on a domain network you can try the troubleshooting steps provided below.

Method 1: Winsock reset.

1. Start your PC in safe mode.
    2. Once you are on the same mode.
    3. Search for Command Prompt on the Start Menu.
    4. Right click and Run as Administrator.
    5. Type in netsh winsock reset
      on the command prompt and hit enter.
    6. Reboot the computer and check.

If you still face the issue you can try the suggestion

How to fix "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access denied." error?
    Posted by Mohammad Iqubal, However from this article I suggest you not to delete the data, you can try to move
    it to a safe location.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jun 14, 2022
  3. Remote Desktop Service is not working - Error 126

Good afternoon,

Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Pro it's not working anymore.

After reviewing the problem I have detected that the "Remote Desktop Services" service is off. If I try to start it, I get the following error:

"Windows could not start the Remote Desktop Services Service on Local Computer - Error 126: Specified module could not be found ".

Could someone help me?

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Aitor Morales Hernández, Jun 14, 2022
  4. Client License Service not Starting Error 126

Group Policy Client Service Windows 10 Home

Hello Shannon,

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if the Group Policy Client services is running from the Services window?
    • What is the exact error message you are getting?

I suggest you to check if the Group Policy Client service is set to
    Automatic and Running by following the steps below.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type services and select the top most search result.
    • Locate Group Policy Client services in the window and check if the
      Status column shows Running. If not start the service by pressing the
      Start service icon located on the toolbar of the window.
    • Check if the status now shows Running and the
      Startup type
      is set to Automatic.
    • If the startup type is not set to automatic, double click on the service and select
      Automatic under Startup type.
    • Click on Apply and OK.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 14, 2022
Thema:

Client License Service not Starting Error 126

1. Client License Service not Starting Error 126 - Similar Threads - Client License Service

2. Client License Service (ClipSVC) service terminated unexpectedly, Error 1067

in Windows 10 News
    Client License Service (ClipSVC) service terminated unexpectedly, Error 1067: [IMG]Some Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC users are reportedly getting the Client License Service (ClipSVC) service terminated unexpectedly, Error 1067 when trying to download, install or open certain Microsoft Store apps on their device. This post presents the most adequate...
  3. Client License Service not Starting Error 126

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Client License Service not Starting Error 126: The Client License Service is not starting. I tried starting it manually, but It gave errors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/client-license-service-not-starting-error-126/5ac85267-b10a-49f9-a3e4-5e327effd94e
  4. Client License Service not Starting Error 126

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Client License Service not Starting Error 126: The Client License Service is not starting. I tried starting it manually, but It gave errors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/client-license-service-not-starting-error-126/5ac85267-b10a-49f9-a3e4-5e327effd94e
  5. Client Licencing Service ClipSvc not starting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Client Licencing Service ClipSvc not starting...: The service isn't starting. None of the Windows Store apps are working. Please do something! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/client-licencing-service-clipsvc-not-starting/0dfbfb32-dfe0-43f9-8396-a94320da3d3c
  6. Client Licencing Service ClipSvc not starting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Client Licencing Service ClipSvc not starting...: The service isn't starting. None of the Windows Store apps are working. Please do something! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/client-licencing-service-clipsvc-not-starting/0dfbfb32-dfe0-43f9-8396-a94320da3d3c
  7. error 126

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 126: Hi I keep trying to launch Minecraft on my new computer but i keep receiving a pop up message that says error 126, which then crashes my game. does anyone know a way to solve this issue?...
  8. Remote Desktop Service is not working - Error 126

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Service is not working - Error 126: Good afternoon, Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Pro it's not working anymore. After reviewing the problem I have detected that the "Remote Desktop Services" service is off. If I try to start it, I get the following error: "Windows could not start the Remote Desktop Services...
  9. DNS Client Service will not start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS Client Service will not start: If I open the DNS Client Service (Dnscache) in Services.msc, the Startup Type drop down box is greyed out, so I cannot change the startup type. It was disabled and I wanted to change it to Automatic but cannot from the Services utility. So I changed the Start value to 2 in...
  10. Client services error at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Client services error at startup: Hi all I have been using Windows 10 since it was first released without any issue, except that on odd occasions at startup I get a failed to connect to client services error and when this happens some programs refuse to work, but a reboot solves the problem till the next...