Windows 10: Client losing connectivity to domain server share

Discus and support Client losing connectivity to domain server share in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have strange issue. There is a small domain running SBS 2003 on the server and Windows 10 Pro on all the clients. All of the client systems have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by elaguila64, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Client losing connectivity to domain server share

I have strange issue. There is a small domain running SBS 2003 on the server and Windows 10 Pro on all the clients. All of the client systems have a mapped network drive that is mapped to a shared folder on the server. One of the client machines keeps losing access to the network drive and can't see the server either. But it can rdp to the server and it can see the other clients and access shared folder on them. They can see this system as well and access shared folders on it. Sometimes disabling then enabling the network connection will bring back access to the server shares. I have removed it from the domain and put it back in twice but that didn't fix the issue. When I removed it from the domain I went to the server and removed the computer account from active directory and created a new pc account when adding it back to the domain. I'm stumped. It started after a round of Windows updates.

:)

elaguila64, Jul 2, 2020

2. Client losing connectivity to domain server share

I have strange issue. There is a small domain running SBS 2003 on the server and Windows 10 Pro on all the clients. All of the client systems have a mapped network drive that is mapped to a shared folder on the server. One of the client machines keeps losing access to the network drive and can't see the server either. But it can rdp to the server and it can see the other clients and access shared folder on them. They can see this system as well and access shared folders on it. Sometimes disabling then enabling the network connection will bring back access to the server shares. I have removed it from the domain and put it back in twice but that didn't fix the issue. When I removed it from the domain I went to the server and removed the computer account from active directory and created a new pc account when adding it back to the domain. I'm stumped. It started after a round of Windows updates.

elaguila64, Jul 2, 2020
  3. sammy Win User
    Question:- How to add client to domain from domain controller side?

Hi Guys,

-I have domain called lab.com created on virtual machine Windows Server 2008
    -I have added a client machine Linux machine rhel6 to domain lab.com in /etc/host file
    -I am able to ping DC from linux machine by IP and hostname .
    But from DC I can only ping Linux machine by IP address and not by its hostname "rhel61.lab.com"

I don't want to add linux machine entry to DC's hosts file as it is DC so it should resolve it

But I wish to know what step or doings I am missing from DC side that I am not able to ping linux machine by its hostname.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

sammy, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Client losing connectivity to domain server share

Error connection client to new domain.

I'm new working with server and i'm trying to connection a client with a new domain. The name of this domain is for example: microsoft and complete name is microsoft.com.

In my client dns i change it the first one for the IP of my Server. So when i try to join the client to domain server only with microsoft aske me for my user and my password, i insert all data and after that get a error about cant solved the name DNS, but
    if i try to connect the client with microsoft.com i get another error: error 0x0000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR).

Say the DNS not exist. i dont know if i have to create or configurate the DNS from my server. I read a lot in a many pages but i cant solved. i really appreciate any help!.

carlosDeseda, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Client losing connectivity to domain server share

1. Client losing connectivity to domain server share - Similar Threads - Client losing connectivity

2. Issue with update 22H2 Desktop clients not connecting to share on Trust domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with update 22H2 Desktop clients not connecting to share on Trust domain: Hello! We have 2 domains in our environment managed by Server 2008 R2, Server 2016 and Server 2019 boxes. They have a two-way external trust between them and Windows 10 and 11 computers connecting to shares on both Domain A and Domain B. The computers are all connected to...
  3. Issue with update 22H2 Desktop clients not connecting to share on Trust domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with update 22H2 Desktop clients not connecting to share on Trust domain: Hello! We have 2 domains in our environment managed by Server 2008 R2, Server 2016 and Server 2019 boxes. They have a two-way external trust between them and Windows 10 and 11 computers connecting to shares on both Domain A and Domain B. The computers are all connected to...
  4. Is there a limit to the number of clients connected to a file server Windows 10- non domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a limit to the number of clients connected to a file server Windows 10- non domain: I have an 9 pc Windows 10 network in a file server/workstation configuration. 1 pc is the file server. 8 pc's are connected to the server. I have a 12 port TP Link un managed switch. All pc's are on Win10 Pro. I have an Asus wireless router connected between the ISP...
  5. Is there a limit to the number of clients connected to a file server Windows 10- non domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a limit to the number of clients connected to a file server Windows 10- non domain: I have an 9 pc Windows 10 network in a file server/workstation configuration. 1 pc is the file server. 8 pc's are connected to the server. I have a 12 port TP Link un managed switch. All pc's are on Win10 Pro. I have an Asus wireless router connected between the ISP...
  6. Is there a limit to the number of clients connected to a file server Windows 10- non domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2: Hello Team,My customer have active directory on windows server 2008 R2- His windows server shutdown by electric power off- After Electric on then he start windows active directory on windows server 2008 R2- Normal the active directory - But new client unable to join the...
  8. Domain client's OpenSSH Server install is stuck and then fails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Domain client's OpenSSH Server install is stuck and then fails: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Machine is on a domain, thats how it gets logged in. Doesn't that imply that it knows where the WSUS is? Is there another reason? Theres a workaround on github that I'd rather not use. Does anyway know how to make this go?...
  9. Error connection client to new domain.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error connection client to new domain.: I'm new working with server and i'm trying to connection a client with a new domain. The name of this domain is for example: microsoft and complete name is microsoft.com. In my client dns i change it the first one for the IP of my Server. So when i try to join the client to...
  10. client/server on vb -joining domains error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    client/server on vb -joining domains error: hi there, I'm installing client/server architecture on the oracle vb. my platform is win 10 home. I would like to install server 2016 and win 10 pro on the vb. I've got both machines customized in settings and running. however when it came to joining domains, win 10 pro...