Windows 10: Client Runtime Server and Windows Desktop Manager uses much GPU

Discus and support Client Runtime Server and Windows Desktop Manager uses much GPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, my problem is about lagging of my notebook. The laptop is quite new (not older than one year). Sometimes, when I move with mouse on desktop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by krystyo, Jul 11, 2019.

1. krystyo Win User

Client Runtime Server and Windows Desktop Manager uses much GPU

Hello,

my problem is about lagging of my notebook. The laptop is quite new (not older than one year).

Sometimes, when I move with mouse on desktop, the cursor is lagging. In task manager I can see that Client Runtime Server and Windows Desktop Manager uses up to 80% of GPU (NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 Max-Q). I did complete reinstall of OS and it does it even when I don´t install anything.

I checked everything and it is up to date - drivers, OS, BIOS.

Thank you for help, have a nice day

:)

krystyo, Jul 11, 2019

2. High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling Or Other Mouse Movements

Recently I Decided To Reinstall Windows Since I Wanted To Remove All Junk That Had Gathered Over The Years, However After The New Installation

I started To Notice That The Background Processes Like Client Server Runtime and Desktop Window Manager Started Using Around 5 - 10% Of My GPU ( 3D ) and When Scrolling It Goes Over To 40 - 50 % Usage

Annoyed Of This Issue I Reinstalled Windows From a USB Flash Drive Again But This Didn't Fix The Issue..

Plz Help....

PRADEEPSHARMA_123, Jul 11, 2019
  3. High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling Or Other Mouse Movements

I am hearing this issue first time . after reading your issues , I checked in my windows , that client server runtime process not there , even my gpu usage is 1%.

Try to disable that process (called service ) is registry

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Client Runtime Server and Windows Desktop Manager uses much GPU

Desktop Window Manager & Client Server Runtime HIGH Random GPU Spikes!

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on any kind of tech-support forum. Usually, 99% of the time i find a solution online, reading other threads, etc - but not for this issue.

As the title clearly states, I am experiencing high (really high) GPU spikes from desktop window manager & client server runtime - by really high I mean 90-100% GPU.

Some background info:

My device> Dell XPS 15, 9570, i7-8750H 6 cores, Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GTX 1050 Max-Q, 512GB SSD - bought 4 months ago.

My OS> Windows 10 Home, version 1809

I didn't have this issue until I upgraded to the 1809 version for that sweet dark mode, so there's that.

What causes the issue: simply opening anything (for example Chrome, file explorer, any game) will cause a GPU spike in those 2 departments, which freezes the laptop for a solid 10-15 seconds and then they go back to 0-5% usage.

What I did trying to fix the issue:

- troubleshoot the classic way, no issues found.

- reset & delete every file on the PC.

- delete my user profile, using another one.

- update my drivers, BIOS, etc.

- and a few more that I found on other threads.

So, what am I supposed to do?

marin_stana, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Client Runtime Server and Windows Desktop Manager uses much GPU

1. Client Runtime Server and Windows Desktop Manager uses much GPU - Similar Threads - Client Runtime Server

2. Client Server Runtime Process using 40-70% of GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Client Server Runtime Process using 40-70% of GPU: I was trying to fix one problem I was having, and while trying to fix that, I ran into another. The other one can wait, because I cannot fix the other one with fixing this one first. So a service called Client Server Runtime Process is taking up anywhere between 40-70% of my...
  3. High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling...: Recently I Decided To Reinstall Windows Since I Wanted To Remove All Junk That Had Gathered Over The Years, However After The New Installation I started To Notice That The Background Processes Like Client Server Runtime and Desktop Window Manager Started Using Around 5 - 10%...
  4. Desktop Window Manager(DWM.exe) using high GPU

Desktop Window Manager(DWM.exe) using high GPU: I have asus rog strix scar 2 gl704gw with rtx 2070... Problem started from Day 1.. Having frame drops in fortnite on low setting 90-100 FPS... The only problem i can see is game is using 35-40% Rtx 2070 and the dwm.exe is using 40% intel integrated graphics at the same...
  5. Client/Server architecture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Client/Server architecture: Hi there, I would like to download /install/run -the Oracle Virtual Box -then WinServer 2016, then client win 10 on VB. My NOTEBOOK profile: TOSHIBA Satellite P750, Processor 2.20 gigahertz Intel Core i7-2670QM, 627.39 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity and Windows 10...
  6. too much shared memory with the gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too much shared memory with the gpu: I recently upgraded my rig to 24 GB of RAM and I noticed windows increased the amount of shared memory for my gtx 1060 3 GB card. Bad enough the swap file eats up more of my SSD but this seems to be excessive at allocating 12 GB of shared memory. That is 50% of all of the...
  7. Desktop Window Manager & Client Server Runtime HIGH Random GPU Spikes!

Desktop Window Manager & Client Server Runtime HIGH Random GPU Spikes!: Hello everyone, This is my first post on any kind of tech-support forum. Usually, 99% of the time i find a solution online, reading other threads, etc - but not for this issue. As the title clearly states, I am experiencing high (really high) GPU spikes from desktop window...
  8. What is csrss.exe or Client Server Runtime process?

in Windows 10 News
    What is csrss.exe or Client Server Runtime process?: [ATTACH] If you open the Windows Task Manager, you may see a process csrss.exe. This is Client Server Runtime file, and it is a Windows operating system file located in the System32 folder. So what is this csrss.exe? How do you [...] This post What is csrss.exe or Client...
  9. Is there a free email client for desktop use

in Browsers and Email
    Is there a free email client for desktop use: I use Outlook for my main email but I also have an gmail account as well as a hotmail (outlook). I would like a free email client that I can install on my computer so I can have a desktop email client for my gmail and hotmail accounts so I don't have to access it via web...
  10. How to setup a server and clients using wired connections?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to setup a server and clients using wired connections?: Hi, can someone point me towards a good guide that will help me setup my office's wired network with one main server through which all the traffic goes while filtering everything I have blocked? Also, I have a 5 port hub, can I work with it or do I need a bigger switch?...