Windows 10: client/server on vb -joining domains error

Discus and support client/server on vb -joining domains error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi there, I'm installing client/server architecture on the oracle vb. my platform is win 10 home. I would like to install server 2016 and win 10 pro on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HeavensEarth69, Mar 26, 2019.

1. client/server on vb -joining domains error

hi there, I'm installing client/server architecture on the oracle vb. my platform is win 10 home. I would like to install server 2016 and win 10 pro on the vb.

I've got both machines customized in settings and running. however when it came to joining domains, win 10 pro didn't work -message popped up indicating domain name not found??

I then checked back into properties network ip4@ and confirmed that both given properties were correctly configured to join (client/server unique nos. with the same -preferred DNS, default subnet, and gateway @'s). I have configured and promoted myserver.local domain. I have installed and configured active directory with OU's, groups and users. BUT WHY WON'T THE CLIENT (WIN10 PRO) JOIN DOMAIN (SERVER2016.LOCAL)???

Problems that I'm suspecting of are 1. the install of vb without extension pack. 2. server 2016 & win 10 iso download file path is from my 2/3.0 USB 3. my win10 home platform edition.

from a very concerned customer

:)

HeavensEarth69, Mar 26, 2019
  2. Sumesh_PS Win User

Domain Joining error

Hai all

I am Sumesh

I have a problem for joining to my company domain ,if we trying to join a new win10 PC to domain its showing the below error

Our Server is win2008 R2 and this system is win 10 pro 64bit

please help me to solve this issu

Sumesh_PS, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Domain Join

When a PC is joined to a domain then it is linked with a domain server. Servers are frequently found in a business environment and rarely in a home environment. It is extremely unlikely that you have a domain or a server.

Frederik Long, Mar 26, 2019
  4. client/server on vb -joining domains error

Unable to join client to Domain

Hi Im setting up a brand new network and keep getting this error when trying to join computers to the network Please Help??!!! Been at this for 2 weeks still no head way

te: This information is intended for a network administrator. If you are not your network's administrator, notify the administrator that you received this information, which has been recorded in the file C:\WINDOWS\debug\dcdiag.txt.

The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for domain "ServproSSpringfield.com":

The error was: "DNS name does not exist."

(error code 0x0000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.ServproSSpringfield.com

Common causes of this error include the following:

- The DNS SRV records required to locate a AD DC for the domain are not registered in DNS. These records are registered with a DNS server automatically when a AD DC is added to a domain. They are updated by the AD DC at set intervals. This computer is configured
    to use DNS servers with the following IP addresses:

- One or more of the following zones do not include delegation to its child zone:

ServproSSpringfield.com

com

. (the root zone)

TaShawnMoore, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

client/server on vb -joining domains error

1. client/server on vb -joining domains error - Similar Threads - client server joining

2. How to add a printer from a domain joined print server to a non-domain joined computer on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a printer from a domain joined print server to a non-domain joined computer on...: HiI tried so many things, the closest I got was with the lines below, but that won't let me change the color settings. The installed printer prints only BW.Meaning there's something with the HP Universal Print Driver? Or what can be the problem? The printer is set to color on...
  3. How to add a printer from a domain joined print server to a non-domain joined computer on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a printer from a domain joined print server to a non-domain joined computer on...: HiI tried so many things, the closest I got was with the lines below, but that won't let me change the color settings. The installed printer prints only BW.Meaning there's something with the HP Universal Print Driver? Or what can be the problem? The printer is set to color on...
  4. How to add a printer from a domain joined print server to a non-domain joined computer on...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2: Hello Team,My customer have active directory on windows server 2008 R2- His windows server shutdown by electric power off- After Electric on then he start windows active directory on windows server 2008 R2- Normal the active directory - But new client unable to join the...
  6. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  7. Client losing connectivity to domain server share

Client losing connectivity to domain server share: I have strange issue. There is a small domain running SBS 2003 on the server and Windows 10 Pro on all the clients. All of the client systems have a mapped network drive that is mapped to a shared folder on the server. One of the client machines keeps losing access to the...
  8. Domain Joining error

Domain Joining error: Hai all I am Sumesh I have a problem for joining to my company domain ,if we trying to join a new win10 PC to domain its showing the below error Our Server is win2008 R2 and this system is win 10 pro 64bit please help me to solve this issu...
  9. Unable to join client to Domain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to join client to Domain: Hi Im setting up a brand new network and keep getting this error when trying to join computers to the network Please Help??!!! Been at this for 2 weeks still no head way te: This information is intended for a network administrator. If you are not your network's...
  10. cannot join domain on server 2003

cannot join domain on server 2003: Hi all, since Microsoft released 1803 version of Windows 10, I am not able to join domain on SBS 2003 (single label). On June 2018 some updates was released in Win10 1709 and since then it is not possible to connect to domain too. The only solution is clean installation of...