Windows 10: Client server runtime process and desktop window manager are eating into my gpu at idle and...

Discus and support Client server runtime process and desktop window manager are eating into my gpu at idle and... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; both the programmes together reach %60 gpu at times and will usually never sit below %5 utilisation, this high usage also occurs when gaming this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OliverMoss1, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Client server runtime process and desktop window manager are eating into my gpu at idle and...

both the programmes together reach %60 gpu at times and will usually never sit below %5 utilisation, this high usage also occurs when gaming this causes significant frame drops on all of my games.

my specs are as listed

Ryzen 5 2600x

zotac amp 2060

16gb hyper x 3200mhz ram

asus rog strix b450-f

windows 10 version: 1903 64-bit windows 10 pro

the 2060 is not overclocked and i run the 2600x at 4.1ghz very stable with temps that never go above 65 degrees whilst gaming so i doubt bottle necking or overheating is the culprit. i have scanned for viruses on multiple software's such as kaspersky and malwarebytes both discovering 0 threats. therefore its not a malicious programme causing this either. i also did a clean boot and even with all my software's disabled the problem persists, i want to fix this problem as i'm not prepared to have to put a clean copy of windows on the computer, a clean windows install would be a definite last resort.

also no silly responses please e.g. ''please turn your computer on and off.'' i expect proper, helpful responses.

:)

OliverMoss1, Aug 12, 2019

2. High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling Or Other Mouse Movements

I am hearing this issue first time . after reading your issues , I checked in my windows , that client server runtime process not there , even my gpu usage is 1%.

Try to disable that process (called service ) is registry

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Aug 12, 2019
  3. krystyo Win User
    Client Runtime Server and Windows Desktop Manager uses much GPU

Hello,

my problem is about lagging of my notebook. The laptop is quite new (not older than one year).

Sometimes, when I move with mouse on desktop, the cursor is lagging. In task manager I can see that Client Runtime Server and Windows Desktop Manager uses up to 80% of GPU (NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 Max-Q). I did complete reinstall of OS and it does it even
    when I don´t install anything.

I checked everything and it is up to date - drivers, OS, BIOS.

Thank you for help, have a nice day

krystyo, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Client server runtime process and desktop window manager are eating into my gpu at idle and...

High GPU Usage By Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager When Scrolling Or Other Mouse Movements

Recently I Decided To Reinstall Windows Since I Wanted To Remove All Junk That Had Gathered Over The Years, However After The New Installation

I started To Notice That The Background Processes Like Client Server Runtime and Desktop Window Manager Started Using Around 5 - 10% Of My GPU ( 3D ) and When Scrolling It Goes Over To 40 - 50 % Usage

Annoyed Of This Issue I Reinstalled Windows From a USB Flash Drive Again But This Didn't Fix The Issue..

Plz Help....

PRADEEPSHARMA_123, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Client server runtime process and desktop window manager are eating into my gpu at idle and...

1. Client server runtime process and desktop window manager are eating into my gpu at idle and... - Similar Threads - Client server runtime

2. High GPU usage from Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High GPU usage from Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager: When leaving everything idle the GPU usage sits at 0% and when I move my mouse it can get up to 17% but when I scroll on a webpage it shoots all the way up to 80% to 100%. I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 and have downloaded updates and drivers. I also upgraded my...
  3. High GPU usage from Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High GPU usage from Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager: When leaving everything idle the GPU usage sits at 0% and when I move my mouse it can get up to 17% but when I scroll on a webpage it shoots all the way up to 80% to 100%. I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 and have downloaded updates and drivers. I also upgraded my...
  4. High GPU usage from Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage: hey guys I installed windows on my pc recently and i got background Processes Like Client Server Runtime and Desktop Window Manager Started Using Around 5 - 10% Of My GPU 3D and When Scrolling It Goes Over To 40 - 50 % Usage and same issue when I'm watching YouTube or...
  6. Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage: hey guys I installed windows on my pc recently and i got background Processes Like Client Server Runtime and Desktop Window Manager Started Using Around 5 - 10% Of My GPU 3D and When Scrolling It Goes Over To 40 - 50 % Usage and same issue when I'm watching YouTube or...
  7. Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage

8. Desktop Window Manager and Client Server Runtime Process uses gpu.

Desktop Window Manager and Client Server Runtime Process uses gpu.: Hi, I have a gaming laptop RTX 2060 and Ryzen 9 4900h with AMD RadeonTM Graphics. Yesterday, my laptop was getting a little hot so I decided to check the task manager. Then, I saw dwm.exe and csrss.exe using about 5~10% of integrated gpu. I searched other forums and saw many...
  9. High GPU Usage of Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) and Client Server Runtime Process...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High GPU Usage of Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) and Client Server Runtime Process...: Hi everyone! I recently downloaded a new game, but as I wanted to play said game I noticed my performance being lower than normal. I checked and found out that dwm.exe and csrss.exe at times claimed 1.2 gb of GPU-memory for themselved, rendering me unable to play my game...
  10. Client Server Runtime Process GPU spikes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Client Server Runtime Process GPU spikes: Hello, I've been having these GPU Spkies since some weeks, this started to happen when i updated to Windows 10 v1909 on the v1903 this didnt happened but it started to happen after some days i installed v1909 it mainly happens if i have a video playing the gpu just spikes...