Windows 10: clipboard, explain what it is

Discus and support clipboard, explain what it is in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; what is clipboard, and what is it for/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CarlynStorms, Sep 7, 2018.

1. CarlynStorms Win User

clipboard, explain what it is

what is clipboard, and what is it for/

:)

CarlynStorms, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Yvonne29UJ Win User

clipboard

I just downloaded clipboard to my windows 10 desktop computer. I took a screenshot and opened clipboard but can't figure out how to view it. Is there a step by step tutorial on how to use clipboard? There are only two settings with no directions on how
    to use them. I thought if I save something to clipboard it would be there when I opened the app as it was in windows 7 and XP. All I am getting is a black and orange screen with a clipboard in the middle. I don't want to share I just want to open what I've
    copied to it.......

Yvonne29UJ, Sep 7, 2018
  3. SuhrudPatel Win User
    clipboard

Both, Clipboard on MS word, and clipboard app.... It would be useful to users like us if you explain what clip board is? How it uses system resourses, location of clipboard app in the system

SuhrudPatel, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Jay_answers Win User

Where is the Clipboard?

The clipboard is not something you can find. It is (at least on the windows phone) an inaccessible part of the phone, where your last copied text is stored.

This is how it works.

• You highlight a text, and say COPY.
    • the phone OS puts information in the CLIPBOARD.
    • You go another area where text can be input and tap PASTE. Whatever information is in the CLIPBOARD gets pasted.

Jay_answers, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. clipboard, explain what it is - Similar Threads - clipboard explain

2. Clipboard logon problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clipboard logon problem: Why does Clipboard sign on ask for Microsoft account and then after clicking there it shows Facebook account request. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clipboard-logon-problem/9159f4e0-5760-4fe6-ab55-02b9c3126671"
  3. Unhealthy Data inserted into clipboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unhealthy Data inserted into clipboard: Title pretty much says it, I use MS Paint, and it can't CTRL + V, it knows I'm pasting, but it said something about unhealthy data. I use CTRL + V in video games, maybe that's why?...
  4. Windows 10 19H1 to come with phone calls transfer and clipboard sync features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 19H1 to come with phone calls transfer and clipboard sync features: Since ending development of Windows Phone, Microsoft has been working on new features to bring Windows PCs and Android/iPhone closer. Last month Microsoft officially launched the new Your Phone app to help you view the photos, messages stored in your smartphone directly from...
  5. Surface book 2 doesn't have clipboard, not even in system settings.

Surface book 2 doesn't have clipboard, not even in system settings.: Just bought the new surface book 2 and was using the snipping tool and it said it saved it to the clipboard but i can't find any clipboard at all. It's not in settings, it's nowhere. Why is this when according to other people using windows 10, they all have clipboard but the...
  6. .dmp filename keeps showing up in my clipboard.

.dmp filename keeps showing up in my clipboard.: When I try to copy and paste a phrase, the paste works once then it becomes some .dmp afterwards. I tried reset my computer multiple times yet the problem persists. Please help. Filename that shows up in my clipboard:...
  7. Crash Dump details copied to clipboard every 2 to 3 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash Dump details copied to clipboard every 2 to 3 seconds: I've been facing a problem within the last week whereby after booting up my PC for a couple of minutes, the clipboard gets saturated with Crash dump details going something like this:...
  8. Clipboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clipboard: Is there a clipboard for Windows 10? How do I locate it, if there's one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clipboard/122f38a9-46f1-4be1-8fca-9ae3003582ef"
  9. Use Clipboard w/ Win+v

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use Clipboard w/ Win+v: BTW, for anyone who didn't see the memo... If you have Copied 2 or more* items, check out, Win+v You'll see... Useful & handy . (*not, really, much to do w/ just 1 ) And, soon, can sync clipboard items across devices. Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]...
  10. Cloud Clipboard not working or syncing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cloud Clipboard not working or syncing in Windows 10: [ATTACH] The new Cloud Clipboard in Windows 10 leverages Cloud technology. This enables users to sync their texts and files from one Windows 10 device to another, so long they prefer using the Microsoft account. However, the syncing feature is not [...] This post Cloud...