Windows 10: clipboard, explain what it is

Discus and support clipboard, explain what it is in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; what is clipboard, and what is it for/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CarlynStorms, Sep 7, 2018.

1. clipboard, explain what it is

what is clipboard, and what is it for/

:)

CarlynStorms, Sep 7, 2018

2. clipboard

I just downloaded clipboard to my windows 10 desktop computer. I took a screenshot and opened clipboard but can't figure out how to view it. Is there a step by step tutorial on how to use clipboard? There are only two settings with no directions on how
    to use them. I thought if I save something to clipboard it would be there when I opened the app as it was in windows 7 and XP. All I am getting is a black and orange screen with a clipboard in the middle. I don't want to share I just want to open what I've
    copied to it.......

Yvonne29UJ, Sep 7, 2018
  3. clipboard

Both, Clipboard on MS word, and clipboard app.... It would be useful to users like us if you explain what clip board is? How it uses system resourses, location of clipboard app in the system

SuhrudPatel, Sep 7, 2018
  4. clipboard, explain what it is

Where is the Clipboard?

The clipboard is not something you can find. It is (at least on the windows phone) an inaccessible part of the phone, where your last copied text is stored.

This is how it works.

• You highlight a text, and say COPY.
    • the phone OS puts information in the CLIPBOARD.
    • You go another area where text can be input and tap PASTE. Whatever information is in the CLIPBOARD gets pasted.

Jay_answers, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

clipboard, explain what it is

1. clipboard, explain what it is - Similar Threads - clipboard explain

2. Clipboard error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clipboard error: Any solution? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clipboard-error/f8eefe56-88c4-49b4-972a-4edcd7113a8e"
  3. Win 10 Clipboard History Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Clipboard History Stopped Working: Hi, I recently upgraded to 1809, everything was fine for a couple of days, then the clipboard history feature suddenly stopped working. When I go into settings to switch it on, it seems to be enabled, however once I close the window or choose something else and navigate...
  4. Highlighted text is automatically copied to clipboard, how to change?

in Windows 10 Support
    Highlighted text is automatically copied to clipboard, how to change?: By simply highlighting text it gets copied to the clipboard overwriting content already there. I think I may have set this to happen some time ago and can't now workout how I did it, or how to undo it. Can anyone help me stop this behaviour? 125264
  5. Where is my clipboard?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is my clipboard?: I cut a file with the intention of moving it to another file but I don't know where it went. It says clipboard but I don't know where that is. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-clipboard/0d05b1ab-e187-4b56-9406-eaa21897234c"
  6. Windows Clipboard History Panel Misbehave

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Clipboard History Panel Misbehave: In my Windows 10 PC, I can only access the Windows Clipboard history window by pressing Windows Key+V after I restart my Windows explorer process. Otherwise if I restart my PC, initially I am not able to open the clipboard window by pressing the above key combination. I have...
  7. Windows 10 Clipboard History Not Functioning

Windows 10 Clipboard History Not Functioning: In my computer Windows 10 Clipboard doesn't work. When I press Windows Key+V Key, nothing happens, the clipboard panel doesn't appear. I tried with a new user account in the same PC, initially it shows up, but once I sign in and migrate all my apps and files, somewhere...
  8. Missing Clipboard

Missing Clipboard: I was trying to copy images online to a folder on my desktop and it would not allow me to paste. I created a new folder and tried there and still nothing. I could not even paste text to the file. I googled the issue and saw some posts referring me to go to setting and...
  9. Windows 10 clipboard sync problem

Windows 10 clipboard sync problem: I decided to try out the facility to sync clipboard data across 2 desktops and a notebook all having received the October update. I set Sync across devices to On and all seemed well with me being able to see what's been copied on any of the 3 PC's. The problem is I can't...
  10. Clipboard sync setting problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Clipboard sync setting problem: I decided to try out the facility to sync clipboard data across 2 desktops and a notebook all having received the October update. I set Sync across devices to On and all seemed well with me being able to see what's been copied on any of the 3 PC's. The problem is I can't...