Windows 10: Clipboard Manager not showing clip history quickly for recently copied items

Discus and support Clipboard Manager not showing clip history quickly for recently copied items in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Clipboard Manager not showing clip history quickly for recently copied items Currently running Window 10 Enterprise Build 1809 with clipboard history... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BirukTes, Oct 10, 2019.

1. BirukTes Win User

Clipboard Manager not showing clip history quickly for recently copied items

Currently running Window 10 Enterprise Build 1809 with clipboard history enabled.

Is this a bug or there is settings that can be modified

:)

BirukTes, Oct 10, 2019

2. view clipboard history

Hi,

Windows Systems do not save the clipboard history. There is only one item stored in the clipboard. If you copy something new the previous clipboard contents is overwritten and lost forever. To get the full microsoft clipboard history you need to use third-party
    utilities.

We recommend Clipdiary clipboard manager. It remembers everything you copy: plain text and text with formatting (rtf), html, pictures and files.

Why do you need clipboard manager? What can you do with the microsoft clipboard history?

-Quickly copy data back to the clipboard.

-Paste any clip from the history directly to the selected application.

-Search for the necessary clip by its contents.

-Find out what program the data was copied from.

-Delete clips.

http://clipdiary.com/img/clipdiary.png

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Oct 10, 2019
  3. clayto Win User
    Clipboard History still will not work

I know some other users have had this problem but nothing I have read has cured it for me yet, including the reg edit suggested on this site --- have activated (ie. merged) this correctly. If my memory is correct I could not get the History before the May / July update so that is not the culprit. When I click Win+V all I get is the empty Clipboard History window. And by 'history' I mean the most recent Clips as well as earlier ones. Current clips are saved buy two third party apps, fortunately, so the Copy function does actually work, it is specifically Windows Clipboard History with the most recent addition to the Board which is kaput.

I found the History useful and am at a loss to know what to do to get it back.

clayto, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Clipboard Manager not showing clip history quickly for recently copied items

Paste command not pasting most recent clipboard item

Hi, I'm working in Windows 10 and have a persistent problem with Copy + Paste. The problem is that the Paste command typically does not paste the most recent item from the clipboard, but rather pastes an item previously copied to the clipboard. So, for example,
    I might go grab something from the web via CTRL + C, and then try to copy it into an email, only to find that the pasted material is something I previously copied, not the material I copied most recently. At that point I have to go back, re-copy the stuff
    from the web, and try the paste command again. This works, but performing this sequence of steps twice most of the time is a pain in the...keyboard.

I'd welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

David Dodenhoff, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Clipboard Manager not showing clip history quickly for recently copied items - Similar Threads - Clipboard Manager showing

2. How to view items copied to clipboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to view items copied to clipboard?: Hi! Can you please help?I am trying to figure out how to view items that I have copied to my clipboard, or just copied. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-view-items-copied-to-clipboard/7108af55-08ce-4f54-a308-a53caf1c509e
  3. How to view items copied to clipboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to view items copied to clipboard?: Hi! Can you please help?I am trying to figure out how to view items that I have copied to my clipboard, or just copied. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-view-items-copied-to-clipboard/7108af55-08ce-4f54-a308-a53caf1c509e
  4. How to view items copied to clipboard?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Clipboard History does not record or missing items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard History does not record or missing items: Windows 10, version 22H2Some problems I've experienced with Clipboard History.Any help will be appreciated.1 I will copy something CTRL + C and paste it CTRL + V. When I look at the Clipboard History Windows key + V I get the message "Your clipboard is empty"2 I will copy...
  6. Un-copied items in clipboard ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Un-copied items in clipboard ?: Opened my clipboard, first time for ages, and found loads of items I had never copied myself. Some were sender's addresses I had cut from emails before forwarding them to others. Is there a way to stop copying at the same time as cutting ? Others were bits from websites I had...
  7. Windows 10 Clipboard History only pastes most recent item

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Clipboard History only pastes most recent item: I use the Windows 10 Clipboard History Win + V feature often. Recently, it stopped working correctly. It now doesn't matter which item I select from the list, it will only paste the most recent value. In this screenshot, I can select any item either via the keyboard or...
  8. clipboard history paste of most recent item fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clipboard history paste of most recent item fails: Hi, Win10 has a newish feature "clipboard history" that you can invoke with WinKey-V. This brings up the clipboard history. So far so good. But, occasionally, the paste of the first topmost, most recently copied item fails to paste. Fails in all applications where I try to...
  9. prior "copy (to clipboard)" items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    prior "copy (to clipboard)" items: question concerning the 'clipboard' function in Windows 10: as has happened many times while making a fairly long response to a post on FB (having suffered the very frustrating experience of completely 'losing' a response i had spent some time crafting); after cursing Mark...
  10. Recent items not showing in quick access or start list

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items not showing in quick access or start list: Hi there, I've only just upgraded to windows 10, so still getting to grips. I have the recent items option enabled in both the quick access panel and jump lists, but they're appearing in neither. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks 31689