Windows 10: Clipboard not working. (Administrator rights problem?)

Discus and support Clipboard not working. (Administrator rights problem?) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I need help fixing my clipboard. When I go on clipboard settings I can't change the clipboard history setting and windows says: Some of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pippin_42, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Clipboard not working. (Administrator rights problem?)

Clipboard not working. (Administrator rights problem?) bvrApRSxnbOaWTxKDFs8no9XW-trSB3tDYurhQ1lNAQ.jpg

I need help fixing my clipboard. When I go on clipboard settings I can't change the clipboard history setting and windows says: Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation. Although clipboard history is on, windowskey+v doesn't do anything. This occurred right after I ran a regedit command as an administrator (This command changed a application priority to high). Some of my privacy settings also have this problem. I have already tired to enable clipboard again through gpedit.msc and the Windows Registry application.

https://preview.redd.it/0ippv2nf9a5...bp&s=d0acd331a7a7313d005b7bf367cd043c6bf13567

submitted by /u/Pippin_42
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pippin_42, Jun 16, 2020

2. Problem with Administrator rights (??)

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to provide permission to the folder and check if that helps.

Use the following procedure to fix this as long as you don't reboot your machine:

• Sign-in as an administrator on your computer.

• Navigate to the folder where you're having the problem. Right-click and select
      Properties from the pop-up menu.

• Under Properties | Security tab, click the
      Advanced button, then click "Change" owner on the
      Advanced Security Settings dialog (if you are already the owner, do this step anyway!), and in the resulting dialog enter whatever you want the owner to be

• Now a new check-box appears labeled "Replace owner on sub-containers and objects"; check it.

• Also check the box at the bottom "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object."

• Make sure under the Permission entries grid that your current account has Full control (if not Edit or Add your account to be listed with foll control). Finally hit
      Apply. This may take a while.

For reference go through the below article:

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Mike vd M Win User
    Office Clipboard: Work Content not supported (WIP)

Hi Rick,

The problem only occurs using the Office Clipboard (that is capable of remembering more copy actions), not the Windows Clipboard. And i have followed the WIP steps. And the issue is that i cannot find how to allow the Office Clipboard to allow Work content.
    As the default Windows clipboard does work.

Regards,

Mike

Mike vd M, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Clipboard not working. (Administrator rights problem?)

Clipboard, Input & Windows button not working properly

After update to 1809, I got this following problems:

• Cursor keep flickering
    • Typing / Right Click delay
    • Press windows button create screenshot instead of open start menu. The same result when using on-screen keyboard. However click on start icon in taskbar still works
    • Cant perform copy paste. Clipboard doesn't seems has any history event after enable clipboard history.
    These are all the things that I tried:

• Safe mode
    • Using wireless mouse and keyboard
    • Using on-screen keyboard
    • Fresh start
    • Update driver from Lenovo
    • Clear clipboard
    • Perform sfc /scannow
    Yet nothing change!! Help!!

Windows 10 Pro build 1809

Lenovo Ideapad 310 14IKB

Dual monitor

maulidiyah, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Clipboard not working. (Administrator rights problem?)

1. Clipboard not working. (Administrator rights problem?) - Similar Threads - Clipboard working Administrator

2. Problems with clipboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with clipboard: I am having issues with copy and paste. It starts in excel or outlook, when I try and copy some text I will get the error: "There's a problem with the clipboard, but you can still paste this content within this workbook." I can still paste though. At least a couple times,...
  3. Administrator Rights problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Administrator Rights problem: I want to open a program that needs administrator rights to be opened, I go ahead and open it, but it says this: "To continue enter an admin user name and password". It doesn't have a text box or anything for me to log-in. Any possible way I could fix this? submitted by...
  4. Administrator Rights problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Administrator Rights problem.: I want to open a program that needs administrator rights to be opened, I go ahead and open it, but it says this: "To continue enter an admin user name and password". It doesn't have a text box or anything for me to log-in. Any possible way I could fix this?...
  5. Clipboard Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard Problem: Windows Key + V not showing clipboard and clipboard isnt in my settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clipboard-problem/bed5b4e5-2fd8-40b8-a05d-a0e382eb0151
  6. Clipboard administrative error.

Clipboard administrative error.: Whenever I press windowskey + v the clipboard doesn't pop up, even though it is enabled in settings. It does however have a message in settings which says: "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" . This message also appears at the some of the...
  7. Problems with clipboard

Problems with clipboard: So I took a screenshot using Windows + shift + S, and it's supposed to be saved to the clipboard, but it's not there. The clipboard history wasn't turned on at the time, was that the problem? Or does it not actually save there, and I just haven't looked hard enough for it in...
  8. clipboard problem

in Windows 10 Support
    clipboard problem: am running version 1903 and in the clipboard manager i seem to have lost the option to pin clips if i press on the three dots all i get is delete or clear no option to pin. it was working ok before but the last couple of days it has started playing up 142393
  9. Lost administrative rights, bitlocker problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost administrative rights, bitlocker problem: Unfortunately it has happened that I lost the administrative rights on my computer and now I have only a user account. I am unable to retrieve this default administrator account due to the lack of privileges. All troubleshooting methods I tried to use failed because the drive...
  10. win 10 administrative rights problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    win 10 administrative rights problem: Hey, new to forum... I have a new laptop running win 10 home premium (new to win 10) and in settings I see my account with my name , local account and the word administrator under that. but when I try to edit a host file or change a reg key it denies me. and I do not see a...