Windows 10: ClipSp.sys is the latest of many on my brand new computer...

Discus and support ClipSp.sys is the latest of many on my brand new computer... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There was a sketchy version of a game I got, but that's all I can imagine that could have caused this. I mostly use Steam. I'm pretty worried that it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JimDoppler, Sep 28, 2016.

1. ClipSp.sys is the latest of many on my brand new computer...

There was a sketchy version of a game I got, but that's all I can imagine that could have caused this. I mostly use Steam. I'm pretty worried that it's the hardware, but I don't know. The Amazon seller I bought it from had good reviews. It first happened while playing The Old Republic and using Bandicam, as I recall. It just started yesterday. It's happened multiple times since, twice in thirty minutes once. Please tell me it's an easy fix

Also, the dumps in this zip are from leaving it on overnight and it BSing and restarting from what I can tell. I set it to do a full dump and the program didn't catch the ones from this afternoon.

:)

JimDoppler, Sep 28, 2016

2. Locked out of my brand new computer - Windows 10

Hi Greg, thank you! I went with the reset option and it seems to be working!

Deana

DeanaDeLarge, Sep 28, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Locked out of my brand new computer - Windows 10

Hi Deana, best to start all over again . . .

On the lock screen, on the bottom right is a power button

Press the Shift Key and click Restart

Your PC will boot into the Windows Recovery Environment

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Reset this PC

Choose to keep your files and apps, just your files or to keep nothing

Then start the Reset

If you cannot get into Windows:

Start PC, just as Windows attempts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down

Do this twice

On the third start Windows will boot into the Recovery Environment and from there you can access System Repair, Safe Mode, Command Prompt . . . etc.

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Reset this PC

Choose to keep your files and apps, just your files or to keep nothing

Then start the Reset

DaveM121, Sep 28, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

ClipSp.sys is the latest of many on my brand new computer...

Hi JimDoppler,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Do you have had more crashes since the 28th?

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

ClipSp.sys is the latest of many on my brand new computer... [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

5. It was grayed out. I uninstalled Adobe and didn't have an issue for a long while, but tonight I got "IRQL (or some variant) not less or equal". Maybe Adobe and Daemon didn't play nice together but that was because Daemon's kind of a jerk anyway. I uninstalled it so hopefully no more problems. Is there a good alternative to this? Like a different mounting mechanic used by some other program? I don't have a disc drive and I use ISOs for a lot of my old games. I haven't used a disc drive to play a game in almost a decade.

Thank you for your help. Now I won't be so worried.

JimDoppler, Oct 23, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    I personally only use Windows Explorer to mount ISOs.

7. I had no idea it could do that, thanks for the tip.

I just had another bluescreen while playing Skyrim Special Edition. I have an updated log. Sorry about this.

JimDoppler, Oct 28, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

What USB devices were attached at the time of the crash?

9. The dongle for my wireless keyboard/mouse and a 6ft USB 3.0 extension cable with nothing plugged into it. Wait, my SD card reader may or may not have been. I had been transferring music to a new micro-SD, but there's a 50/50 chance I had unplugged it by the point of the BSOD.

JimDoppler, Oct 28, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Please remove your USB extension cable and your micro-SD temporary as a test.

11. I removed them and I'm still getting various blue screens. I updated the BIOS, and that helped for a while. Now there's only about 1-2 per day, but still sucks. I've got another log file of various ones. Some are new. I thought about updating all my drivers, but decided to wait in case that compounded the problem.

JimDoppler, Dec 23, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Please remove the MSI software.

13. ClipSp.sys is the latest of many on my brand new computer...

I had wondered if USB speedup was doing something since all of these USB devices were causing issues. I disabled it last night, and come to think of it, it hasn't bluescreened today. Unless it did for my wife before I woke up. There was a bit of a pattern of it blue-screening on the day's first bootup and at times it didn't do it again for the rest of the day.

Do I need to uninstall all of them, or just some and gradually see what happens? They were bloatware, but some have been useful. The live driver updater, for instance, was handy the other day for a bios update.

Well, not so much bloatware as some seem to control system settings.

JimDoppler, Dec 24, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    In this case it isn't about bloatware, but about the MSI software using drivers that are known to causing BSODs. That is why I suggest to temporary remove all MSI programs. At least for the time of troubleshooting.

15. Okay, I removed them and so far so good. I thank you for all your help, by the way. This seems really promising because this is the second BS-free day.

JimDoppler, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. ClipSp.sys is the latest of many on my brand new computer... - Similar Threads - ClipSp sys latest

2. Brand new computer and new to MSN forums

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Brand new computer and new to MSN forums: Do I need to pay for an MSN or Hotmail account to participate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brand-new-computer-and-new-to-msn-forums/95700e98-e8b7-4a2d-a8ac-9a2800be8c55
  3. Bought a brand new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought a brand new computer: Well it seems the virus, replicator or whatever intruded my old computer, just took everything over. Couldn't delete suspicious stuff Had Advanced Security Pro installed a week after I got it. It kept making users & made a group policy. But nothing ever caught it! These...
  4. Bought a brand new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a brand new computer: Well it seems the virus, replicator or whatever intruded my old computer, just took everything over. Couldn't delete suspicious stuff Had Advanced Security Pro installed a week after I got it. It kept making users & made a group policy. But nothing ever caught it! These...
  5. Bought a brand new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Brand new computer crashing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand new computer crashing.: Bought a brand new gaming desktop today for $1600, haven't even had it a total of 12 hours and it crashes randomly, doesn't even blue screen, It just black screens then reboots itself in about 5 seconds, not entirely sure what to do....
  7. My Old computer to a Brand new computer

in Windows 10 Support
    My Old computer to a Brand new computer: I have been running a HP Pavilion P7-1410 with operating version Windows 8.1. 6.3 I went out and bought a New HP Pavilion Both are desktops TP01-0165z operating version Windows 10 version number not sure haven't even hooked it up yet completely brand new.. I also have...
  8. Brand new computer crashing

Brand new computer crashing: ALLEGIANCE CALLISTO Desktop Computer Gaming PC · Processor: E5-1620 i7-3820 @ 4.2GHz · Graphics: RX 570 4GB - VR Ready · Memory: 32GB RAM · SSD: 480GB · Operating System: Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Just got this computer...
  9. Issues with Brand-New Computer

Issues with Brand-New Computer: Hi all, I recently purchased a new PowerSpec G433 Gaming Desktop and am experiencing major issues with regards to video and audio freezing constantly when playing games, but never when just browsing online or doing work. Of the two games that I’ve tried on it (Minecraft,...
  10. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clipsp.sys download