Windows 10: Clock and World symbols in Left Column of Windows 10 Start Menu

Discus and support Clock and World symbols in Left Column of Windows 10 Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Can someone please let me know what those two symbols (clock and world) represent when going into the left column of the start menu. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Red123_908, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Clock and World symbols in Left Column of Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi everyone,

Can someone please let me know what those two symbols (clock and world) represent when going into the left column of the start menu. I'm guessing the world symbol is for internet shortcuts, but I don't know.

Thanks

Clock and World symbols in Left Column of Windows 10 Start Menu 72c6fa96-c272-42dd-979e-d3c782d650bc?upload=true.jpg

:)

Red123_908, Nov 6, 2018
  2. PeterTBC Win User

Edit start menu left column Windows 10

Greetings from the future Clock and World symbols in Left Column of Windows 10 Start Menu :)

Things have changed. We're now using the Anniversary Update of August 2016 and we have two vertical sections to the 'left' column of the Start menu - Recently added, and Most used.

Their location is as cited: C:\Users\Xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Being for 'system' use, I doubt that they can be manipulated. One aspect of the Most used section is that it's here of among the Start tiles - one or the other. Use a program and it goes in the 'left' column; pin it to the Start tiles and it disappears from
    Most used.

I say 'left' because there is a new left column now - and I'd like to configure that. Some of my machines have Settings in it, some don't :|

Ideas, anyone?

[UPDATE I had a brainwave. Just lift the top edge of the whole Start Menu, tiles and all, and more icons in the real left column will be revealed. HTH ]

PeterTBC, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Wheelerde Win User
    Windows 10 Start Menu Left Column

The left column of my Start Menu only shows icons. How do I make it show words and icons?

Wheelerde, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Clock and World symbols in Left Column of Windows 10 Start Menu

Left-column separation in Start Menu

Hello Danny,

Apologize for the delay in response. We will assist you with your concern.

The left-column on the start menu its by design, there is no option to remove the column.

It's the new interface that has been included in the latest builds.

Please feel free to contact us, we will be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Clock and World symbols in Left Column of Windows 10 Start Menu

1. Clock and World symbols in Left Column of Windows 10 Start Menu - Similar Threads - Clock World symbols

2. Window 10 - world clock - only allows 10 clocks

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 - world clock - only allows 10 clocks: Is it possible to add more than 10 clocks in world clock view see attached image ?For me + button is disabled. How to add 11th clock? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-world-clock-only-allows-10-clocks/be6576bf-aea1-4dbd-ad6c-bbddb116ca59
  3. No left hand start menu!

No left hand start menu!: I am using the windows insider edition, and I would like to get rid of the start menu that the windows flag opens without tiles in it and have the tiles float on the desktop. Can this be done? Me 151559
  4. Can't pin clock on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't pin clock on Start Menu: When I open the Alarm and Clock app, go to the Clock tab and select the time I want to pin to Start Menu it doesn't show up. If I select to pin it again, it will give me the option to unpin it from the Star Menu, even though it's not pinned. So basically the system it's...
  5. How to add a clock to Start Menu using Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add a clock to Start Menu using Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If for any reason, you want to add a clock to the Windows 10 Start Menu, you can use the Alarms & Clock app to […] This post How to add a clock to Start Menu using Alarms & Clock app in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Start menu (left)

Start menu (left): Hello! Is there any way that the start menu opens like this always? (Want the Windows 10 start menu to show the expanded start menu) [img] 125495
  7. apps appear on desktop but not in left column of start menu

apps appear on desktop but not in left column of start menu: apps appear on desktop but not in left column start menu. Hw do I get them into left column? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-appear-on-desktop-but-not-in-left-column-of/35030156-f511-4506-9642-eb3c3b4d9c73
  8. Adding columns in the start menu

Adding columns in the start menu: Hi! Im currently trying to increase the amount of columns displayed to 2. I have a tiny 7 inch screen with DPI set at 150% which makes the start menu only show one column. Do anyone know how to increase this to two? [img] 9011
  9. World Clock Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    World Clock Problem: It is impossible to add other clocks and time zones. The system shows only the local time. 23224
  10. Pin World Clock to Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin World Clock to Start in Windows 10: How to: Pin World Clock to Start in Windows 10 How to Pin a World Clock to Start in Windows 10 Windows 10 includes the Alarms & Clock app that is a combination of alarm clock, world clock, timer, and stopwatch. It allows you to set alarms and reminders, check times...