Windows 10: Clock frozen; clicking on anything cursor points to does nothing.

Discus and support Clock frozen; clicking on anything cursor points to does nothing. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10, HP laptop. Took forever 20 minutes? to wake laptop from sleep: black screen, then dark grey after pressing any key, finally login screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rhonzs, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Rhonzs Win User

Clock frozen; clicking on anything cursor points to does nothing.

Windows 10, HP laptop.

Took forever 20 minutes? to wake laptop from sleep: black screen, then dark grey after pressing any key, finally login screen. Logged in, screen shows how I had left it: one open Chrome window with multiple tabs. But pointing cursor to any icon in taskbar or in Chrome and clicking does nothing. Clock in taskbar frozen.

Closed lid, woke it about an hour later. Only about 5-10 minutes to get to login screen. Logged in, still my open Chrome window, still cursor + Click does nothing, clock shows current time but stays frozen at that time.

Held down Shift and clicked somewhere; cursor switches to hourglass when moved over Chrome window, back to arrow when on desktop or taskbar.

:)

Rhonzs, Aug 28, 2020

2. Frozen Cursor

Thanks, but the stumbling block for re-installing drivers is the frozen cursor. I manage to open the Device Manager by typing in the Search Box in the Taskbar of Windows 10 Technical Preview. But with a frozen (or invisible) cursor, I can't navigate to the 'Mice and other pointing devices' to open it, etc.

Previously, I tried to re-install the original OS (Windows 7 Starter) but I couldn't do it because of the same frozen (or invisible) cursor problem.

I am thus basically looking for a way to re-install either drivers or OS without using the cursor.

FrozenCursor, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Frozen Cursor

Thanks for the welcome!

Unfortunately, after doing the procedure several times, the cursor is still frozen. The cursor sometimes disappears. Sometimes, a message on the bottom right hand corner of the screen slides in (and out) saying that I need to click it and re-enter my Microsoft account password. Of course I can't click the message with the frozen or invisible cursor.

Any further ideas?

4. Clock frozen; clicking on anything cursor points to does nothing.

Frozen Cursor

I run Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9926 on an eMachines netbook eM350. I had it running since the previous Build, but the cursor is now frozen, I don't know why.

I then tried to re-install the previous OS, Windows 7 Starter. I got to the point of having to agree to the EULA, but I could not navigate the frozen cursor to tick off the box, and I had to shut off the power.

The netbook can still be booted to Windows 10 Technical Preview, I can still logon, but the cursor remains frozen.

Any ideas on how to get the netbook running again, with Windows 7 or 10 ? Thanks!

Thema:

Clock frozen; clicking on anything cursor points to does nothing.

1. Clock frozen; clicking on anything cursor points to does nothing. - Similar Threads - Clock frozen clicking

2. Clicking search does nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking search does nothing: When I click on the search box beside start menu it does not do anything at all. It happens suddenly since it is working last week. It is the first time I turn on the computer this week and I noticed that the search box is not working. I check if there is any pending updates...
  3. Clicking search does nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking search does nothing: When I click on the search box beside start menu it does not do anything at all. It happens suddenly since it is working last week. It is the first time I turn on the computer this week and I noticed that the search box is not working. I check if there is any pending updates...
  4. Clicking search does nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop cursor moves but will not click on anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cursor moves but will not click on anything: Hi. My laptop cursor suddenly doesn’t click on anything as it should. It moves perfectly as usual but will not click on anything in the laptop menu or on pictures etc- anything. Also, when I move the cursor it draws a kind of box shape the size of which changes depending upon...
  6. Laptop cursor moves but will not click on anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop cursor moves but will not click on anything: Hi. My laptop cursor suddenly doesn’t click on anything as it should. It moves perfectly as usual but will not click on anything in the laptop menu or on pictures etc- anything. Also, when I move the cursor it draws a kind of box shape the size of which changes depending upon...
  7. Clicking a Notification Does Nothing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clicking a Notification Does Nothing: Both clicking the notification pop-up and clicking the notification in the Action Centre does nothing. I have Windows 10 Home version 10.0.19041. After Googling I found multiple suggestions ranging from elaborate fixes by messing with the registry or completely reinstalling...
  8. Clock in taskbar is frozen on 12.01am

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock in taskbar is frozen on 12.01am: Computer clock is showing correct time when I hover cursor over date but not syncing with taskbar display clock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-in-taskbar-is-frozen-on-1201am/808ca15e-0fe9-4bcf-83c9-b60e67eceac9
  9. Taskbar clock time frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar clock time frozen: This morning, the clock on my system tray stopped updating itself about an hour after I turned on the computer. It is plugged in and has been plugged in for days on end without being carried around the house. If I go into the control panel and look at date/time, the time is...
  10. Frozen Cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Frozen Cursor: I run Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9926 on an eMachines netbook eM350. I had it running since the previous Build, but the cursor is now frozen, I don't know why. I then tried to re-install the previous OS, Windows 7 Starter. I got to the point of having to agree to...