Windows 10: Clock gaining time

Discus and support Clock gaining time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Guys, I've just upgraded to Windows 10 in the last few days and I am very impressed with it. One thing is bugging me right now and that is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tonymarcus, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Clock gaining time

Hello Guys,

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 in the last few days and I am very impressed with it. One thing is bugging me right now and that is the clock, when I sync it on the internet the time is spot on then it slowly gains a few minutes an hour. I synced about an hour ago and the time is 10 minutes fast already.

I did not have any clock issues with Windows 8.1, it is only since upgrading to Win 10

Anyone else having this problem.

Thanks

Tony

:)

tonymarcus, Sep 22, 2015

2. Clock gaining time

Hello Guys,

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 in the last few days and I am very impressed with it. One thing is bugging me right now and that is the clock, when I sync it on the internet the time is spot on then it slowly gains a few minutes an hour. I synced about an
    hour ago and the time is 10 minutes fast already.

I did not have any clock issues with Windows 8.1, it is only since upgrading to Win 10, I have tried different clock syncing servers

Anyone else having this problem.

Thanks

Tony

Tonymarcus, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Pavan1709 Win User
    Clock gaining time

Hi Tony,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern. I will be glad to assist you.

Method 1: Turn off set time automatically.

• Click on date and time on desk top

• Date and time setting

• Turn off set time automatically
    See if this helps. If not try perform system maintenance troubleshooter

Method2:

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.

Check if it has improved the performance. If not, proceed to the next method

Method 3:
    set windows time service to Automatic.

• Press windows + R and Type
      services.msc

• Select windows time

• change start up type to automatic and restart

See if this helps.

Thanks.

Pavan1709, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

Clock gaining time

1. Clock gaining time - Similar Threads - Clock gaining

2. Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout: I recently started encountering the blue screen Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout whenever i play specific games. The games that gave me blue screen after a while i played it were Black Desert Online and SuperMarketSimulator.I also have a minidump here, can anybode help me...
  3. Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout: I recently started encountering the blue screen Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout whenever i play specific games. The games that gave me blue screen after a while i played it were Black Desert Online and SuperMarketSimulator.I also have a minidump here, can anybode help me...
  4. Blue Screen Clock Watchdog Timeout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why Does Windows 11 Doesn Not have seconds on the clock when you "Adjust Date and Time Time"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does Windows 11 Doesn Not have seconds on the clock when you "Adjust Date and Time Time": When using the Adjust Date and time feature on the task bar shows the time , The clock does not show seconds as in pervious versions of Windows ?...
  6. Why Does Windows 11 Doesn Not have seconds on the clock when you "Adjust Date and Time Time"

Why Does Windows 11 Doesn Not have seconds on the clock when you "Adjust Date and Time Time": When using the Adjust Date and time feature on the task bar shows the time , The clock does not show seconds as in pervious versions of Windows ?...
  7. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications: Hello,Is there a way to enable notifications for the clock app within windows to send you notifications via group policy manager?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-clock-app-via-group-policy-for/92c2f1f6-0ad9-455d-a3db-f1b30950134a
  8. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications: Hello,Is there a way to enable notifications for the clock app within windows to send you notifications via group policy manager?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-clock-app-via-group-policy-for/92c2f1f6-0ad9-455d-a3db-f1b30950134a
  9. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

10. "Set time automatically" keeps turning out if I click on the calender/clock on the bottom right

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Set time automatically" keeps turning out if I click on the calender/clock on the bottom right: So today my clock ate dirt and messed up, so I decided to manually change the time since the automatic one was not working. However, for some reason, anytime I check the clock by clicking on it, it suddenly turns on the "set time automatically" switch when I go into it's...