Windows 10: Clock gaining time

Discus and support Clock gaining time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Guys, I've just upgraded to Windows 10 in the last few days and I am very impressed with it. One thing is bugging me right now and that is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tonymarcus, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Clock gaining time

Hello Guys,

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 in the last few days and I am very impressed with it. One thing is bugging me right now and that is the clock, when I sync it on the internet the time is spot on then it slowly gains a few minutes an hour. I synced about an hour ago and the time is 10 minutes fast already.

I did not have any clock issues with Windows 8.1, it is only since upgrading to Win 10

Anyone else having this problem.

Thanks

Tony

:)

tonymarcus, Sep 22, 2015

2. Clock gaining time

Hello Guys,

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 in the last few days and I am very impressed with it. One thing is bugging me right now and that is the clock, when I sync it on the internet the time is spot on then it slowly gains a few minutes an hour. I synced about an
    hour ago and the time is 10 minutes fast already.

I did not have any clock issues with Windows 8.1, it is only since upgrading to Win 10, I have tried different clock syncing servers

Anyone else having this problem.

Thanks

Tony

Tonymarcus, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Pavan1709 Win User
    Clock gaining time

Hi Tony,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern. I will be glad to assist you.

Method 1: Turn off set time automatically.

• Click on date and time on desk top

• Date and time setting

• Turn off set time automatically
    See if this helps. If not try perform system maintenance troubleshooter

Method2:

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.

Check if it has improved the performance. If not, proceed to the next method

Method 3:
    set windows time service to Automatic.

• Press windows + R and Type
      services.msc

• Select windows time

• change start up type to automatic and restart

See if this helps.

Thanks.

Pavan1709, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

Clock gaining time

1. Clock gaining time - Similar Threads - Clock gaining

2. Windows 10, Clock lags behind, build 20215.1000

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, Clock lags behind, build 20215.1000: I did following DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth sfc /scannow net stop w32time w32tm /unregister w32tm /register net start w32time Clock still behind....
  3. Computer clock/taskbar freezing up/stuttering until computer fully freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer clock/taskbar freezing up/stuttering until computer fully freezes: Hi everyone, I've owned a gaming pc for a little over a year now ill have the specs below, and since the previous windows update I think I installed it on 9/5, my computer once or twice a day so far freezes up until I have to hold the power button down to turn it off. Either...
  4. Clock not working properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clock not working properly: A few days ago I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my computer. I selected US as my region (by mistake, I'm from EU) and now my clock doesn't work properly. I disabled automatic time and time zones, but every time I restart my PC clock is exactly 1 hour late. Usually it's...
  5. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock: Is there a alarm clock software for windows 10 that will let me listen to my music as i fall asleep and when the alarm goes off, it stops windows media player and has volume control so i can make the alarm maxed out? or is there a way to max the volume of said alarm clock...
  6. Clock Speed Very High 100% Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Clock Speed Very High 100% Usage: Hello, I have an older Desktop I built years ago. I haven't turned it on for years and finally fired it up and got thru all of the updates. I noticed it was slow, and saw that the cpu usage was 100% and the clock speed was all wacky (please see attahced pictures). I went thru...
  7. Clock Speed Very High 100% Usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock Speed Very High 100% Usage: Hello, I have an older Desktop I built years ago. I haven't turned it on for years and finally fired it up and got thru all of the updates. I noticed it was slow, and saw that the cpu usage was 100% and the clock speed was all wacky (please see attahced pictures). I went thru...
  8. Action center, battery status, sound, wifi and clock icons not working

Action center, battery status, sound, wifi and clock icons not working: Action center, battery status, sound, wifi and clock icons not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-battery-status-sound-wifi-and-clock/a69a82d3-33f3-4b0f-b21a-90f792f7b517
  9. Clock frozen; clicking on anything cursor points to does nothing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clock frozen; clicking on anything cursor points to does nothing.: Windows 10, HP laptop. Took forever 20 minutes? to wake laptop from sleep: black screen, then dark grey after pressing any key, finally login screen. Logged in, screen shows how I had left it: one open Chrome window with multiple tabs. But pointing cursor to any icon in...
  10. How can I insert a clock in the main desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I insert a clock in the main desktop?: Since gadgets are not a thing anymore or at least I think, now how can I put a clock on the desktop? (I don't mean the clock on the right corner I mean literally a clock like the one on the lock screen) submitted by /u/NotWea [link] [comments]...