Windows 10: Clock gaining time

Discus and support Clock gaining time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Guys, I've just upgraded to Windows 10 in the last few days and I am very impressed with it. One thing is bugging me right now and that is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tonymarcus, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Clock gaining time

Hello Guys,

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 in the last few days and I am very impressed with it. One thing is bugging me right now and that is the clock, when I sync it on the internet the time is spot on then it slowly gains a few minutes an hour. I synced about an hour ago and the time is 10 minutes fast already.

I did not have any clock issues with Windows 8.1, it is only since upgrading to Win 10

Anyone else having this problem.

Thanks

Tony

:)

tonymarcus, Sep 22, 2015

2. Clock gaining time

Hello Guys,

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 in the last few days and I am very impressed with it. One thing is bugging me right now and that is the clock, when I sync it on the internet the time is spot on then it slowly gains a few minutes an hour. I synced about an
    hour ago and the time is 10 minutes fast already.

I did not have any clock issues with Windows 8.1, it is only since upgrading to Win 10, I have tried different clock syncing servers

Anyone else having this problem.

Thanks

Tony

Tonymarcus, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Pavan1709 Win User
    Clock gaining time

Hi Tony,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern. I will be glad to assist you.

Method 1: Turn off set time automatically.

• Click on date and time on desk top

• Date and time setting

• Turn off set time automatically
    See if this helps. If not try perform system maintenance troubleshooter

Method2:

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.

Check if it has improved the performance. If not, proceed to the next method

Method 3:
    set windows time service to Automatic.

• Press windows + R and Type
      services.msc

• Select windows time

• change start up type to automatic and restart

See if this helps.

Thanks.

Pavan1709, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

Clock gaining time

1. Clock gaining time - Similar Threads - Clock gaining

2. Taskbar clock won't display long date format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar clock won't display long date format: Taskbar clock bottom right was showing long date format, i.e. "dddd, dd. MMMM yyyy." Today it not me decided to switch back to short:I want a simple 24H short time format e.g. 11:46 is just fine, but I want the long date format, i.e. "sreda, 15. septembar 2021.". Something...
  3. I can not update to New Clock app for Windows 11 with Focus Sessions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can not update to New Clock app for Windows 11 with Focus Sessions: welcome I have a problem , I can not update my clock app with my windows 11 22000.186I rest my store with wsrest but it doesn't make it work...
  4. Clock watchdog timeout

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clock watchdog timeout: While running games I usually play I got two BSOD, CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT and also PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA, here is the link to the info https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-watchdog-timeout/f77f49f7-7df3-42f2-b117-1a10c812b9fa
  5. How do I uninstall Alarms & Clocks get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsAlarms*...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I uninstall Alarms & Clocks get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsAlarms*...: I typed this into Windows powershell admin get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsAlarms* remove-appxpackage, it didn't remove the app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-alarms-clocks-get-appxpackage/24b6c8af-fbee-4b78-a762-1f98caee2d00
  6. opened app icons missing from Win 10 taskbar, clock freezes, multiple methods did not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    opened app icons missing from Win 10 taskbar, clock freezes, multiple methods did not...: I am on WIN 10 chinese, and yesterday the screen suddenly turned black. After it came back, the taskbar did not function anymore I did not install anything yesterday.If I open a new app, only a blue line as follows will show up on the taskbar and it is unclickable some icons...
  7. How to change Lock Screen Clock format on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Lock Screen Clock format on Windows 11/10: [IMG]Although Windows 11/10 shows a 24-hour lock format on the lock screen, you can change it to a 12-hour format using this step-by-step tutorial. It is possible to change the lock screen clock format on Windows 11/10 using Windows Settings and Control Panel. How to change...
  8. Windows 10 /Alarm & Clock /default tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 /Alarm & Clock /default tab: To whom it may concern /can help, In the Windows 10 'Alarm & Clock' application, is it possible to change the default tab?While this is possible within the same session, when you log out, or restart the computer the application changes the tab back to the 'Timer' tab.In this...
  9. Win10 Freeze&Dead sleep problem "LiveKernelEvent or CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Freeze&Dead sleep problem "LiveKernelEvent or CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT": I made my own PC, but I have four main problems.PC environment Case: In Win A1 plus 650Wmotherboard: X570 phantom gaming itx/tb3 ver2.8CPU: ryzen5 3600GPU: radeon rx5500xt 8gb asrock challenger edition GPU driver: 21.6.1memory: cfd gaming 16gb×2 DDR4-3200 W4U3200CX1-16GSSD:...
  10. Incorrect Icons for Settings, Alarms & Clock apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect Icons for Settings, Alarms & Clock apps in Windows 10: Hello,I have Windows 10 installed on my machine. In the Start Menu, I see the icons for Settings, Alarms & Clock set to icons of Image file. I would like to reset these icons to their original icons. How can I do that? Screenshot of the icons added below.Thank you!...