Windows 10: Clock gaining time

Discus and support Clock gaining time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Guys, I've just upgraded to Windows 10 in the last few days and I am very impressed with it. One thing is bugging me right now and that is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tonymarcus, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Clock gaining time

Hello Guys,

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 in the last few days and I am very impressed with it. One thing is bugging me right now and that is the clock, when I sync it on the internet the time is spot on then it slowly gains a few minutes an hour. I synced about an hour ago and the time is 10 minutes fast already.

I did not have any clock issues with Windows 8.1, it is only since upgrading to Win 10

Anyone else having this problem.

Thanks

Tony

:)

tonymarcus, Sep 22, 2015

2. Clock gaining time

Hello Guys,

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 in the last few days and I am very impressed with it. One thing is bugging me right now and that is the clock, when I sync it on the internet the time is spot on then it slowly gains a few minutes an hour. I synced about an
    hour ago and the time is 10 minutes fast already.

I did not have any clock issues with Windows 8.1, it is only since upgrading to Win 10, I have tried different clock syncing servers

Anyone else having this problem.

Thanks

Tony

Tonymarcus, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Pavan1709 Win User
    Clock gaining time

Hi Tony,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern. I will be glad to assist you.

Method 1: Turn off set time automatically.

• Click on date and time on desk top

• Date and time setting

• Turn off set time automatically
    See if this helps. If not try perform system maintenance troubleshooter

Method2:

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.

Check if it has improved the performance. If not, proceed to the next method

Method 3:
    set windows time service to Automatic.

• Press windows + R and Type
      services.msc

• Select windows time

• change start up type to automatic and restart

See if this helps.

Thanks.

Pavan1709, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

Clock gaining time

1. Clock gaining time - Similar Threads - Clock gaining

2. Clock skew after resume on virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Clock skew after resume on virtual machine: Hi, I'm a relatively experienced Windows user and have a Windows 10 system set up as a virtual machine guest on a Linux system host, and when the computer (and Windows 10 guest) resume from suspend, the clock is wrong and never resets automatically. It's necessary for me to...
  3. Memory clock speed slows down after a month of installing Windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory clock speed slows down after a month of installing Windows.: One month ago, I posted on here about how all of the sudden my RAM clock speed went from being 3000MHz to 1067MHz just one month after a fresh install of windows. None of the answers I received were helpful and I ultimately installed windows again with the latest version and...
  4. Clock skew after resume on virtual machine

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock skew after resume on virtual machine: Hi, I'm a relatively experienced Windows user and have a Windows 10 system set up as a virtual machine guest on a Linux system host, and when the computer (and Windows 10 guest) resume from suspend, the clock is wrong and never resets automatically. It's necessary for me to...
  5. Why did the clock stop?

Why did the clock stop?: I don't know if I never noticed in similar cases, but the clock had the same time on it after I returned from a break as before the break. I took the break because I couldn't click on anything and the back button hadn't accomplished anything, and the bottom of the screen was...
  6. How to Make Your Windows 10 Taskbar Clock Show Seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Make Your Windows 10 Taskbar Clock Show Seconds: I have completed this small change and it works perfect. Did not take more than a couple of minutes. I find seconds extremely useful for certain time-check tasks and generally useful to have. A minute is a long time in the computer world. Follow the clear and easy...
  7. Windows BSOD clock watchdog timeout

Windows BSOD clock watchdog timeout: My windows 10 computer (running the latest insider edition) keep bsoding with "clock watchdog timeout" randomly every 5-10 minutes. attached is a minidump. mini dump...
  8. Windows 10 Alarms & Clock Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Alarms & Clock Not Working: If your alarm clock is not sounding off when you set the date and time I have an answer. Did you configure your pc as suggested by the alarm clock page? Did you try clicking on one of the triangles in the SOUND category to make certain that there is sound? Set the date and...
  9. Clock displays incorrect time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock displays incorrect time: The clock displays the incorrect time for my time zone. When I try to change it, the drop down menu does not offer MST (Canada). How do I get the correct time dislpayed?...
  10. USB speakers resetting idle clock, blocking lock screen timeout and screensaver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB speakers resetting idle clock, blocking lock screen timeout and screensaver: I have a new set of Klipsch R-15PMs, attached via USB. It seems that as long as they are plugged in, the idle clock is constantly reset, at the rate of milliseconds. Since the screensaver never comes on, the station never locks when I leave my desk, and I would very much...