Windows 10: Clock keeps changed ahead while asleep

Discus and support Clock keeps changed ahead while asleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Have an older HP Envy 27in All-in-one on Win10. Clock for the last couple months keep moving ahead very fast every time it sleeps. I've checked BIOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OverlandSub, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Clock keeps changed ahead while asleep

Have an older HP Envy 27in All-in-one on Win10. Clock for the last couple months keep moving ahead very fast every time it sleeps.

I've checked BIOS and the clock is running 4 secs for every 1 actual second. I changed battery just to be sure.

It's still doing it. Overnight it moves ahead 4 months. I switched to manual clock, automatic clock, changed sync servers etc. Nothing is working

Any ideas on what to do next?

submitted by /u/OverlandSub
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OverlandSub, Mar 16, 2020

2. Consistent change of clock time

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the time keeps on changing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I also suggest you to sync the time zone with internet time zone and check if it helps.

• Click on date and Time from the action bar.
    • Click on Add clocks for different time zone.
    • Click on Internet Time Tab.
    • Change according to your preference.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 16, 2020
  3. АМ. Win User
    System clock fails and runs late or ahead

Nope. Solution didn't help.

Above all else a tried to change time server to time.euro.apple.com

Didn't help.

Clock still runs ahead 2-3 seconds/day.

АМ., Mar 16, 2020
  4. АМ. Win User

Clock keeps changed ahead while asleep

System clock fails and runs late or ahead

Hello! A problem I never had before

Win 10 x64

System clock fails and runs late or ahead between syncs. After a sync with time.windows.com everything is correct for some time. In day or two clock runs ahead or late again.

I tweaked all I could. Turned on and off time sync, turned on and off time zone detect. System clock still fails

I changed motherboard battery, re-flashed bios and finally exchanged motherboard for new one. (MSI MEG Z390 ACE)

Still clock fails.

Any thiughts?

АМ., Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Clock keeps changed ahead while asleep

1. Clock keeps changed ahead while asleep - Similar Threads - Clock keeps changed

2. Taskbar clock is one hour ahead of internal clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar clock is one hour ahead of internal clock: I have a weird problem with clock in taskbar! I am using windows 11the time displayed in Date & Time settings is correct with daylight saving off, but clock in taskbar displays time with daylight saving +1 hour aheadI've tried everything like toggling on/off the daylight...
  3. Taskbar clock is one hour ahead of internal clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar clock is one hour ahead of internal clock: I have a weird problem with clock in taskbar! I am using windows 11the time displayed in Date & Time settings is correct with daylight saving off, but clock in taskbar displays time with daylight saving +1 hour aheadI've tried everything like toggling on/off the daylight...
  4. Computer crashes while asleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes while asleep: When I wake up the computer after a long sleep overnight, for example, it sometimes opens such that:-Chrome has been closed-Most edge tabs have been closed-All open Notepad files have been replaced by Unnamed files-All Word files have been closed, even if they weren't...
  5. Computer crashes while asleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes while asleep: When I wake up the computer after a long sleep overnight, for example, it sometimes opens such that:-Chrome has been closed-Most edge tabs have been closed-All open Notepad files have been replaced by Unnamed files-All Word files have been closed, even if they weren't...
  6. Your clock is ahead or Your clock is behind error on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Your clock is ahead or Your clock is behind error on Google Chrome: [ATTACH]If you are trying to open a website in Google Chrome and you see […] This article Your clock is ahead or Your clock is behind error on Google Chrome first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. System clock fails and runs late or ahead

in Windows 10 Customization
    System clock fails and runs late or ahead: Hello! A problem I never had before Win 10 x64 System clock fails and runs late or ahead between syncs. After a sync with time.windows.com everything is correct for some time. In day or two clock runs ahead or late again. I tweaked all I could. Turned on and off time...
  8. Backup while PC asleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup while PC asleep: I have scheduled my PC, running Windows 10, to backup to an external hard disk at 2am. As I am sure you know, having read so many complaints on different websites, this doesn't work because the PC is in sleep mode and doesn't wake up to perform the task. The result is...
  9. Windows 10 changed login password by itself while asleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 changed login password by itself while asleep: I have been using the same Windows 10 password to log in upon start and to wake the computer for over a year. Today when I entered that same password to gain access after the computer went to sleep, it no longer worked. I tried every password I could think of, and finally...
  10. clock five hours ahead of time

in Windows 10 Support
    clock five hours ahead of time: i try both of those options, the time zone is correct , make sure the clock in bios is correct; but every time i start windows 10, it always shows the clock five hours ahead of time. I always have to go to settings and turn the auto time set button off and on in order to show...