Windows 10: Clock Stops and task manager stops working

Discus and support Clock Stops and task manager stops working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; TLDR - The clock in the bottom right of the taskbar stops and when i open task manager nothing is updating, any help? More information: As far as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BillB124, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Clock Stops and task manager stops working

TLDR - The clock in the bottom right of the taskbar stops and when i open task manager nothing is updating, any help?

More information:

• As far as i’m aware this has never happened when i’ve been using the PC, most of the time it’s when i’ve been away for a while, like watching a movie or coming back to my PC in the morning.
    • New PC built about 6 months ago
    • This has happened quite a few times now, and the only solution i can find is to turn off the power using the switch on the PSU
    • When the clock has stopped, i can open all of the apps i have open, all the apps work normally except task manager and NZXT CAM.
    • I can open task manager but it’s not updating, on the performance tab there’s no graphs being made, only readings that are stuck and are not updating.
    • In the performance tab the only readings that are there, is my CPU at 14%, Memory at 57% and GPU at 100% not sure, but could this could be the issue?
    • NZXT CAM opens but is completely unresponsive, i can’t do anything in it, and the screen on my AIO is frozen at 43° CPU and 35° GPU
    • The power button on my PC does not work, i have to use the PSU switch, and if i try to shit down or restart from the Windows button, nothing happens, it shuts some of the apps and then doesn’t do anything else

Hope that all helps, not a huge issue, just really annoying, any help or advice is much appreciated Clock Stops and task manager stops working :)

submitted by /u/BillB124
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BillB124, Feb 6, 2021

2. task manager not working

Hi,

It's really weird that the task manager stopped working after the latest update on your Windows 10 computer. There might be some files or data that got affected by the latest update. However, we need these information to isolate your concern:

• Is there an error message if you launch Task Manager?
    • Have you tried to check in safe mode if it's the same?
    • Does anything happen if you launch Task Manager?

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Yorky Win User
    Downloaded Maps Manager - stopped working.

In the Reliability Monitor I find 6 'Critical Events' detailed as "Downloaded Maps Manager - stopped working". These events occurred on separate days. Can anyone suggest the cause please.
    Also in Settings/Updates there is the tick box option to "Download updates for other Microsoft Products" . Any suggestions on ticking or unticking this option please. Would ticking it perhaps result in unwanted extras?
    Thank you.

Yorky, Feb 6, 2021
  4. mrgeek Win User

Clock Stops and task manager stops working

Chameleon Clock stopped working

This may or may not help but can't hurt. I just had problems after a clean install trying to re-install a program from 1999 that I've run on every Windows since and has 17 yrs of data. If you have the orig 32 bit version, I would opt to try that first. In either case, go to the program folder under C/Program Files x86 and r-click the exe that you start the program with, click 'Properties' then Compatibility tab.
    Even if you've run the Windows compatibility assistant, ignore the recommendation and rollback to the oldest Windows version that you KNOW the program was working on. In my case, the Troubleshoot compatibility recommended XP SP3 but program did not work. I ticked the option to try 98/Me hidden in this window and now I have it working again ! Also, in the Security tab, give Full Control to all listed Users, Win10 usually defaults to Admin only. See attachment. Good Luck
    Here's a link to current Chameleon Clock download too -
    Chameleon Clock - a desktop clock, wallpaper, calendar, alarms, and screensaver for Windows

Clock Stops and task manager stops working [​IMG]

mrgeek, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Clock Stops and task manager stops working

1. Clock Stops and task manager stops working - Similar Threads - Clock Stops task

2. Task bar clock stops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar clock stops: Right after a fresh install of Windows 11 Pro on my 3rd gen ThinkPad X1 Tablet, I realized that occasionally the little clock in the taskbar stops working.According to time run in the command prompt, it's now 12:21:58, and that's correct.Is there a log to see what is causing...
  3. Task bar clock stops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar clock stops: Right after a fresh install of Windows 11 Pro on my 3rd gen ThinkPad X1 Tablet, I realized that occasionally the little clock in the taskbar stops working.According to time run in the command prompt, it's now 12:21:58, and that's correct.Is there a log to see what is causing...
  4. Task Manager stopped Working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager stopped Working on Windows 11: I'm just upgrading my windows to Window 11 at first it was normal then after I set up all of my apps and launchers suddenly my task manager always stop working when I click everything on them, the information on the task manager even didn't change at all even when i playing...
  5. Task Manager stopped Working on Windows 11

Task Manager stopped Working on Windows 11: I'm just upgrading my windows to Window 11 at first it was normal then after I set up all of my apps and launchers suddenly my task manager always stop working when I click everything on them, the information on the task manager even didn't change at all even when i playing...
  6. Task Manager Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Stopped Working: Can any help me with the crash of Task Manager?I am attaching above "temporary copy of files". Link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq3dgSw3op_Eljo_9_AdNrphwMaa?e=qrjvYSAny help. Thanks....
  7. Task Manager Stopped Working

Task Manager Stopped Working: Can any help me with the crash of Task Manager?I am attaching above "temporary copy of files". Link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq3dgSw3op_Eljo_9_AdNrphwMaa?e=qrjvYSAny help. Thanks....
  8. scroll wheel stop working in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scroll wheel stop working in task manager: when I open task manager the scroll wheel works normally to browse the running applications, but after I close an application the scroll wheel immediately locks up in the task manager. after I close and reopen the application it works normally. any help appreciated...
  9. scroll wheel stop working in task manager

scroll wheel stop working in task manager: when I open task manager the scroll wheel works normally to browse the running applications, but after I close an application the scroll wheel immediately locks up in the task manager. after I close and reopen the application it works normally. any help appreciated...
  10. Chameleon Clock stopped working

Chameleon Clock stopped working: I have been using this program for a very long time. It has not been updated for ages, hence it has been playing up for a while, but basically was still working. In Win7, it would regularly crash... I did find a program that was supposed to be for the 64bit system, but not...