Windows 10: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after a fresh install

Discus and support CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after a fresh install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I've recently backed up my data and formatted my SSD to do a fresh install of Windows 10 before the May update. The installation went fine and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zablas, May 3, 2019.

1. zablas Win User

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after a fresh install

Hello!

I've recently backed up my data and formatted my SSD to do a fresh install of Windows 10 before the May update. The installation went fine and after it I did the regular stuff that you would expect: downloaded updates for the OS, updated drivers and installed some light software. I've noticed that whenever I leave my PC on for too long (let's say 6 hours) or play a game for an hour (like Rainbow 6 Siege) the PC freezes up and I have to force shut it down. At one time I managed to get a BSOD saying "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT". The percentage was stuck at 0% and I still had to force shut it. One important thing to note: I've been getting crashes ever since I switched from Windows 7 but they weren't as common as now. I've looked up many forums about this error and there seems to be a number of reasons behind it. Faulty RAM, broken SSD, bad cooling on the CPU (keep in mind nothing is overclocked). How do I go around dealing with this problem? Thank you in advance!

:)

zablas, May 3, 2019
  2. axe0 Win User

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after a fresh install [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

axe0, May 3, 2019
  3. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

I encountered the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT blue screen error repeatedly when trying to complete a fresh Windows 10 Pro x64 installation on my PC. I was using the OEM copy of Windows 10 I'd purchased a few months ago on Amazon. I incorrectly
    assumed it would be a relatively new version of Windows 10, but it wasn't...it was dated 7/10/2015. I simply couldn't get it to avoid the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT blue screen error long enough for the OS to update and fix itself. I tried many workarounds,
    but here was the fix that worked best for me:

• Download the Microsoft Window 10 Installation Media Creation Tool from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

• If you have a DVD burner, create an ISO. If you don't have a DVD burner, consider using a formatted USB flash drive (at least 8GB in size) to make a bootable USB drive installer. If you make an ISO, use this command to burn a new Windows 10 installation
      disc of the ISO:

ISOBURN.EXE /Q "C:\Temp\Windows10x64-v10.0.16299.iso

Note: Adjust the path in the above command to point to the Windows 10 ISO file you just created.
    • Optionally, mount the ISO (right click on it and select "Mount", or just double-click on the ISO), then use this process to confirm the Windows version of the ISO: How can I identify OS Build number on an ISO?

Note: the path used in the /WimFile command line parameter may need to be changed to "E:\sources\install.esd", where "E" is the drive letter for your mounted Windows 10 installation ISO image.

My ISO was Windows version 10.0.16299, created on September 29, 2017.
    • Optionally, compare this to the Windows version of installation disc you were originally using.

Note: the path used in the /WimFile command line parameter may need to be changed to "D:\sources\install.wim", where "D" is the drive letter for your DVD drive.

My OEM installation disc was Windows version 10.0.10240, created on July 10, 2015.
    • Install Windows fresh from your new installation media. With luck, you shouldn't get the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT blue screen error any more. After I installed fresh from the new ISO, my nVidia graphics card was autmatically recognized and the correct drivers
      installed. When I was using the OEM installation disc, the graphics card was not automatically recognized, and I had trouble getting the drivers installed correctly.

Added bonus: since you used an up-to-date Windows 10 installer, you won't need to download or install too many Windows updates!

Thinkpseudo, May 3, 2019
  4. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after a fresh install

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 3, 2019
Thema:

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after a fresh install

1. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after a fresh install - Similar Threads - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT fresh install

2. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after installing docker desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after installing docker desktop: After installing Docker Desktop the following error appeared. I have deleted this application. Now, some time after the system starts, I get a blue screen CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Dumps are not created because the blue screen freezes completely. help me please....
  3. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after installing docker desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after installing docker desktop: After installing Docker Desktop the following error appeared. I have deleted this application. Now, some time after the system starts, I get a blue screen CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Dumps are not created because the blue screen freezes completely. help me please....
  4. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after installing docker desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Dear r/Windows10, I've come to you to cry the likely death of my beloved 7 y/o pc. I keep getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSODs at startup. The pc is clean (running at 34°, reading from the UEFI) and no UEFI/BIOS update was run. No OC was applied whatsoever. The only thing I...
  6. Windows installation error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installation error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: I'm attempting to install Windows 10 onto a laptop and when Windows installation restarts the laptop I get a a short loading dots screen, before the dots freeze at "getting devices ready 85%" and the computer bluescreens. The bluescreen freezes as well and the "collecting...
  7. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After clean install (Whea uncorrectable error)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After clean install (Whea uncorrectable error): I've recently backed up my data and formatted my SSD to do a fresh install of Windows 10 before the May update. The installation went fine and after it I did the regular stuff that you would expect: downloaded updates for the OS, updated drivers and installed some light...
  8. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.This is the report: Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.18869.1002 AMD64 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Users\qty94\Downloads\061019-37921-01.dmp] Mini...
  9. Clock_watchdog_timeout

Clock_watchdog_timeout: I'm getting the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on a new build and all I am simply trying to do is run the major Win 10 update through Windows 10 Update assistant as the copy of Win 10 I have is the original from when it was first released. My screen will freeze up and then I will get...
  10. Clock_watchdog_timeout

Clock_watchdog_timeout: I have installed Windows 10 Pro on my computer, and 3 minutes or so after it boots, the computer freezes and gives me the blue screen with "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" message. Is there a fix? 96639