Windows 10: clock_watchdog_timeout and whea_uncorrectable_error

Discus and support clock_watchdog_timeout and whea_uncorrectable_error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi thanks in advance I woke up and my PC was in the bios screen saying there was a CPU fan error I am using a custom water loop system so this should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Darkway, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Darkway Win User

clock_watchdog_timeout and whea_uncorrectable_error

Hi thanks in advance I woke up and my PC was in the bios screen saying there was a CPU fan error I am using a custom water loop system so this should have been set to ignore already. I went into bios to set it back to ignore and saved into windows then started to get BSOD so I removed overclock checked for malware and updated bios still kept getting BSOD so did a fresh install of windows and still getting the same problemsAttachment 141076

:)

Darkway, Jun 24, 2017

2. Constant computer crashing

As best I can tell, you have a bad CPU, or another hardware problem such as overheating. I base this on the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR errors in the dump files and the other errors you specified above.

If the computer is still under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer.

If the computer has a built-in diagnostic tool in the bios, I would run that.

Windows has a built-in memory tool you can try: In the search box, type
    Memory, and then click Diagnose your computer's memory problems.‌

Sorry, I wish I could help more but I think it's a hardware problem.

Schnauzerman610, Jun 24, 2017
  3. TroyWood Win User
    Getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSODs on Windows 10 (not overclocked or a new install)

Hello, in the last 48 hours, I've been getting multiple WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSODs on an established Intel core i7-6700K @4.00GHz system running Windows 10. (My PC is not overclocked nor is it a fresh install of Windows or
    any hardware.) Here are a couple of minidump files, that I'm hoping somebody can take a look at:

072317-12812-01.dmp

072317-14234-01.dmp

072317-9796-01.dmp

Most of these are probably for the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. When I get the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD, it tends to get to somewhere between 10-25% and then locks up, so I have to power off and restart manually.

I have already tried the following:

Reloading my BIOS setting (I also confirmed that no overclocking has occurred, and CPU temperature is normal)

Updating Realtek audio drivers (I'd heard this can produce the error, but no dice in my case)

Running a full stress test using Memtest 86 - It passed with flying colors, no errors detected.

Running any sort of game or video tends to produce the BSOD in short order, though I've also had it occur just when browsing the Microsoft help site. Unfortunately, Windows 10 seems to randomly disable the system restore feature (this is the second time
    I've tried to use it to recover from a critical error and just found turned off) so I'm hoping to avoid having to reinstall the entire OS.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TroyWood, Jun 24, 2017
  4. Darkway Win User

Looks like my overclock was still on for some reason doing stress test now so far so good. Maybe a voltage issue when I was overclocking?

Darkway, Jun 24, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    Hi Darkway,

Code: BugCheck 124, {0, ffffda0e3c9a78f8, 0, 0}Probably caused by : GenuineIntel[/quote] Code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of errorsource that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of theWHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check ExceptionArg2: ffffda0e3c9a78f8, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.[/quote] Code: BugCheck BE, {ffff8217160f0190, 8000000003c00121, ffffd4812b2222c0, b}Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: BugCheck 124, {0, ffff800945744038, 0, 0}Probably caused by : GenuineIntel[/quote] Code: BugCheck 124, {0, ffffbb827a73c028, be000000, 800400}Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: BugCheck 124, {0, ffffc98645f3b028, be000000, 800400}Probably caused by : GenuineIntel[/quote] Code: BugCheck 124, {0, ffffc908d5a648f8, 0, 0}Probably caused by : GenuineIntel[/quote] Code: BugCheck 124, {0, ffffb10e3632c028, be000000, 800400}Probably caused by : GenuineIntel[/quote]

Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting.

Sometimes there are problems in the bios that produce bsod.

The bios in your computer: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3701, 3/30/2017

To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.

Sometimes there can be failure to boot after resetting the bios. So please make sure your files are backed up. Please make a backup image with Macrium: Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    And please create a restore point.

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5)Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 runs. This may take hours so plan to run it overnight.

http://www.memtest.org/https://answe...f-ecc7b7ff6461

For the memory testing it is critical that 8 or more runs be made so that the false negatives are reduced. Sometimes it may take runs into the teens to find problems with ram/dim.

When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more runs make an image of the results to post into the thread.

6) run one of the SMART tests on your drives:
    CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
    HD Tune: HD Tune website
    Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring: Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring

When the SMART test has completed open the Microsoft snipping tool and make images of the results to post into the thread.

7) run the Intel processor diagnostic tool and post an image of the result into the thread:
    The Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool
    Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

8) if you have frequent bsod where you are having difficulty completing the troubleshooting steps please place your computer in clean boot. If clean boot fails then use safe mode with command prompt or safe mode with networking.

For clean boot open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    9) msconfig (in the pop up system configuration > move the dot from normal startup to selective startup > uncheck load startup items > click service tab > in left lower corner check hide all Microsoft services > in the lower right side click disable all > click apply or ok > do not reboot)

10) taskmgr (in the pop up task manager > click on the start up tab > click on status so that the column sorts with enable rising to the top > right click on each row with enable and change to disable)

11) shutdown /r (you will reboot the computer so that it is in clean boot)

TechNet Wiki

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

zbook, Jun 27, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    Quite often you will need to increase the voltage if you are attempting to overclock. Cooling also needs to be more efficient to compensate for the extra heat generated.

In practice, overclocking increases the risk of BSOD and so removing all overclocking and restoring BIOS to optimized defaults should be the answer.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. clock_watchdog_timeout and whea_uncorrectable_error - Similar Threads - clock_watchdog_timeout whea_uncorrectable_error

2. Clock_watchdog_timeout stuck at 0 and can't turn off pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock_watchdog_timeout stuck at 0 and can't turn off pc: My PC bsoded and did the clock_watchdog_timeout error because I didn't update it. The problem is there's no mouse or anything so it's stuck at 0 and it just won't change I cant do anything. The other thing is my PC won't turn off no matter how long I hold it??...
  3. Clock_watchdog_timeout stuck at 0 and can't turn off pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clock_watchdog_timeout stuck at 0 and can't turn off pc: My PC bsoded and did the clock_watchdog_timeout error because I didn't update it. The problem is there's no mouse or anything so it's stuck at 0 and it just won't change I cant do anything. The other thing is my PC won't turn off no matter how long I hold it??...
  4. 2 types of BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT & WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 types of BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT & WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello, so im getting a lot of BSOD's lately and I have no clue why this happens. There are two kind of BSOD's the first one and most frequent one is CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and the second one less frequent WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. It seems to happen when im running a lot of...
  5. 2 types of BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT & WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 types of BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT & WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello, so im getting a lot of BSOD's lately and I have no clue why this happens. There are two kind of BSOD's the first one and most frequent one is CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and the second one less frequent WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. It seems to happen when im running a lot of...
  6. WINDOWS 10 - BSOD - DELL G5 15 5590 - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

WINDOWS 10 - BSOD - DELL G5 15 5590 - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Dear all, i'm having this problem with my Dell G5 15 5590 i purchased 3 months ago. Last friday i got some updates from Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. I was running COD Warzone when i got a BSOD after changing the antisotropic. My laptop wouldn't boot either normal or...
  7. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Common & Clock_WatchDog_Timeout Rare

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Common & Clock_WatchDog_Timeout Rare: Hello, I purchased my computer recently, instead of building it myself and it seems to have come back to bite me. I have been having BSOD's atleast once or twice a day, usually WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and rarely Clock_WatchDog_Timeout. I have analyzed the dumpfiles and...
  8. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 4 times within an hour.

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 4 times within an hour.: I've had this issue for a couple days now, but today is a really bad day for it. It started after enabling my xmp profile which I have done in the past, but still with blue screens, so I would disable it. It is currently disabled and has been for a couple days, but I'm still...
  9. BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error into multiple Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error into multiple Clock_Watchdog_Timeout: Hello there! Yesterday evening, as I was playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, I received a BSOD "Whea_Uncorrectable_Error". After my computer did the usual reboot, after having logged into Windows 10, in less than a minute the PC crashed again with a...
  10. Clock watchdog timeout and then a whea uncorrectable error playing BF1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock watchdog timeout and then a whea uncorrectable error playing BF1: I just bought battlefield 1 and after a couple days of playing i randomly got a clock watchdog timeout and then the next day a whea uncorrectable error. It happens without warning while im in the middle of the game. I havent had this problem with any other game so far but i...