Windows 10: Clock_Watchdog_Timeout during video encoding

Discus and support Clock_Watchdog_Timeout during video encoding in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Over the past days I've gotten the clock watchdog timeout bsod during very high cpu usage (was rendering some video). Any help would be appreciated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GoodTimesAhead, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Clock_Watchdog_Timeout during video encoding

Over the past days I've gotten the clock watchdog timeout bsod during very high cpu usage (was rendering some video).

Any help would be appreciated.

(2019-09-28_09-16-19).zip

:)

GoodTimesAhead, Sep 28, 2019

2. Software To Re-Encode Videos And Keep Codec?

Hello all,

Does anyone know of a software that will convert my videos to the same codecs to keep the same quality? I'm having an issue uploading them to the cloud. A re-encode does the trick but, the issue is software limitations. With Format Factory Freetime software it does the job but, not well. With SUPER SUPER © Free 3D Video Converter | MP4 MKV HEVC/H.265 VP9 | FREE Download it re-encodes perfectly but, it doesn't apply a thumbnail to the video. Any suggestions?

Casey Stellar, Sep 28, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    command line based video de/encoder tools

to add video encoding/decoding benchmarks to tpubench and to our reviews i am looking for command line based tools.

any suggestions? i'm a complete noob with this video stuff.

W1zzard, Sep 28, 2019
  4. axe0 Win User

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout during video encoding

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout during video encoding [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

Thema:

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout during video encoding

1. Clock_Watchdog_Timeout during video encoding - Similar Threads - Clock_Watchdog_Timeout during video

2. BSOD encoding video on OS SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD encoding video on OS SSD: Winver 20H2 (OS Build 19042.985) I was getting a few GSOD week or so ago so I turned off dev build and things seemed to be fine. I was attempting to encode some videos last night and I got BSOD twice in a row. Switched my writing drive to a different SSD and no more BSOD. I...
  3. KMODE_Not_Handled / IRql_not_less_or_equal while encoding videos

KMODE_Not_Handled / IRql_not_less_or_equal while encoding videos: I am using VapourSynth to encode my personal DVD's onto my PC for digital backups. And I've ran it twice but on the third time I came back and my PC has locked up hard no BSOD. Rebooted tried again, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Tried again, KMODE_NOT_HANDLED. Unsure of what...
  4. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Dear r/Windows10, I've come to you to cry the likely death of my beloved 7 y/o pc. I keep getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSODs at startup. The pc is clean (running at 34°, reading from the UEFI) and no UEFI/BIOS update was run. No OC was applied whatsoever. The only thing I...
  5. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.This is the report: Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.18869.1002 AMD64 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Users\qty94\Downloads\061019-37921-01.dmp] Mini...
  6. expression encoder 4 cannot preview video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    expression encoder 4 cannot preview video: these are the mesages 10/06/2019 01:53:05 Error Preview Window Error: Cannot preview video. 0x80004002 10/06/2019 01:53:02 Info Import succeeded: C:\Users\ipkostika\Documents\Expression\Expression Encoder\Screen Capture Output\ScreenCapture_10-06-2019...
  7. video encoder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video encoder: how do I find CPU ranking page for my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-encoder/62fc7b8c-3e71-4481-9d5b-70fd2bc89001
  8. Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout: I built a new PC with a Ryzen 1800X, MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 16 GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200 Model F4-3200C14D32GTZ Seasonic SS-660XP 660W 80+ Platinum PSU From the very first time I started it up, with no other software installed,...
  9. Clock_watchdog_timeout

Clock_watchdog_timeout: I'm getting the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on a new build and all I am simply trying to do is run the major Win 10 update through Windows 10 Update assistant as the copy of Win 10 I have is the original from when it was first released. My screen will freeze up and then I will get...
  10. Clock_watchdog_timeout

Clock_watchdog_timeout: I have installed Windows 10 Pro on my computer, and 3 minutes or so after it boots, the computer freezes and gives me the blue screen with "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" message. Is there a fix? 96639