Windows 10: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error, pls help!

Discus and support CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error, pls help! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I got a CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD! I checked on Google what this is and stress-tested my CPU/GPU/memory for a few hours and all seems well. So it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aashish108, Dec 26, 2020.

1. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error, pls help!

Hi! I got a CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD! I checked on Google what this is and stress-tested my CPU/GPU/memory for a few hours and all seems well. So it can't be hardware so I am puzzled as to what happened. Analyzing the dumps has yielded no clues either.

Is someone able to check these memory dumps please to kindly find out what exactly went wrong: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e5guYr70-PbnKPmlCUqn2fX2m1VSai5b/view?usp=sharing

Many thanks!

:)

Aashish108, Dec 26, 2020

2. Blue screen error with Clock_Watchdog_Timeout error code.

Hi Charlie,

The CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error can be caused by a faulty processor. This error may also be triggered by an outdated driver. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you consider the following:

• Ensure that your CPU's temperature is within standard and nothing is overheating.
    • Clear your CMOS (or load optimized BIOS defaults) to ensure there's no improper BIOS setting or to clear overclock settings.
    • Update your BIOS.
    • Run
      Windows Update
      to install the latest driver on your system.

Note: For steps 2 & 3, it's best to get an assistance from your system manufacturer to ensure that all settings will be properly configured.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Dec 26, 2020
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    Pls help me with restore to 7

It did not say weather it found errors or not ?? That's strange ....it does list any errors it finds ....or it will also report No errors found.

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error, pls help! [​IMG]

OldMike65, Dec 26, 2020
  4. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error, pls help!

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout error

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are getting BSOD message Clock_Watchdog_Timeout on the pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

Unplug all external devices connected to the pc and restart the computer to check if you are able to get to the desktop screen.

Sometimes new hardware can cause blue screen errors. If you recently added new hardware to your PC, shut down your PC, unplug the new hardware, and then restart your PC.

Once you are able to get to the desktop, ensure to install all pending updates and also update all device drivers.

Many blue screen errors can be resolved by making sure that Windows is up to date. In the search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error, pls help!

1. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error, pls help! - Similar Threads - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error pls

2. BSOD Error Help - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Error Help - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101: Hi Everyone,My PC crashed a few times this past month. Whenever I get a BSOD, I am usually using the Microsoft Edge browser. Though this could be a coincidence. In the reliability monitor, the "Killer DBWM" service stops working every day. I ran DISM and SFC and did a memory...
  3. BSOD Error Help - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Error Help - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101: Hi Everyone,My PC crashed a few times this past month. Whenever I get a BSOD, I am usually using the Microsoft Edge browser. Though this could be a coincidence. In the reliability monitor, the "Killer DBWM" service stops working every day. I ran DISM and SFC and did a memory...
  4. Error with pc pls help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with pc pls help: Hello Microsoft I pressed system recovery, then it restarted my computer. And now all of a sudden I got this error when it restarted my computer.Pls help. And it even says bad system config info sometimes...
  5. Error with pc pls help

Error with pc pls help: Hello Microsoft I pressed system recovery, then it restarted my computer. And now all of a sudden I got this error when it restarted my computer.Pls help. And it even says bad system config info sometimes...
  6. Error with pc pls help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT HELP!: I could use some help. PC becoming unusable, Constant BSODs. It's only a year and a half old, and it did initially ship with a broken GPU. I have performed a full reset, updated rivers, ran scan sfc now and chkdsk, it basically began happening out of nowhere with 0 warning....
  8. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT HELP!

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT HELP!: I could use some help. PC becoming unusable, Constant BSODs. It's only a year and a half old, and it did initially ship with a broken GPU. I have performed a full reset, updated rivers, ran scan sfc now and chkdsk, it basically began happening out of nowhere with 0 warning....
  9. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT HELP!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Srttrail.txt error, pls help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Srttrail.txt error, pls help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mepranavk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gehmul/srttrailtxt_error_pls_help/