Windows 10: Clock_Watchdog_Timeout --- I know, I know, but if anyone has insight based on my info I...

Discus and support Clock_Watchdog_Timeout --- I know, I know, but if anyone has insight based on my info I... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So a few weeks ago I upgraded hardware -- Intel I7 9700K, Asus TUF Z390 Plus WiFi and a 1TB Samsung 870 QVO SSD. The only settings change I made was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/The_Tilly, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Clock_Watchdog_Timeout --- I know, I know, but if anyone has insight based on my info I...

So a few weeks ago I upgraded hardware -- Intel I7 9700K, Asus TUF Z390 Plus WiFi and a 1TB Samsung 870 QVO SSD. The only settings change I made was that, upon upgrading, I had to set the UEFI BIOS to read the OS from the new hard drive. To do so, the internet said to enable Compatibility Support Module and select the SSD. For a few days, all was well.

More recently, upon startup odds are that when I enter my password, the screen will start to turn over to the desktop but frees and BSOD. Then it will restart and either repeat that OR BSOD again before the login screen can fully load. Usually I'm looking at 3 or 4 reboots before I can log in. Once things start working, it seems to run fine. I can stream OBS and a game for a few hours and then hit up YouTube on Google Chrome for hours and it's great. But the issue is in the restarting.

If this is a BIOS thing I'd love to know how to go about helping it -- do I need to reset it to default BIOS settings? I did the memory test on the RAM through the Windows Memory Diagnostic and apparently that is fine. I'm not super computer literate and would love help (and to not re-purchase parts with money I no longer have)

submitted by /u/The_Tilly
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/The_Tilly, Feb 22, 2021

2. Does anyone know if there's a way to view "file info" while viewing images on the Windows Photo viewer?

Hi Waggener,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry to inform you that there is no way to view file info while viewing images. It’s a step by step procedure. However, I suggest you to give your feedback/suggestion in the feedback.

Do let us know if you face any issue in the future.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Feb 22, 2021
  3. kronckew Win User
    Did you know...

hover works for me inside a site page with links, where exactly you need to put it for the bookmarks lists i do not know, but maybe someone else does...

i googled some suggested entries for bookmark text in userchrome.css, but they must be for pre-57 as they don't seem to work.

kronckew, Feb 22, 2021
  4. axe0 Win User

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout --- I know, I know, but if anyone has insight based on my info I...

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout --- I know, I know, but if anyone has insight based on my info I... [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

Thema:

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout --- I know, I know, but if anyone has insight based on my info I...

1. Clock_Watchdog_Timeout --- I know, I know, but if anyone has insight based on my info I... - Similar Threads - Clock_Watchdog_Timeout anyone has

2. Anyone know why can't I connect to my VPN I created?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Anyone know why can't I connect to my VPN I created?: When I'm trying to connect to the VPN, I made it gives me this error message: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-why-cant-i-connect-to-my-vpn-i-created/a34e65a2-3de9-44f4-935b-7a456d48678d
  3. Anyone know why I can't connect to my VPN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Anyone know why I can't connect to my VPN?: When I'm trying to connect to the VPN, I made it gives me this error message: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-why-i-cant-connect-to-my-vpn/a34e65a2-3de9-44f4-935b-7a456d48678d
  4. Does anyone know how to fix this? I know explorer.exe works but does anyone have a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how to fix this? I know explorer.exe works but does anyone have a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Majo_Pokos [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jm7gkc/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_this_i_know/
  5. anyone know how I can fix this?

anyone know how I can fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Omunisaido [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i82zpl/anyone_know_how_i_can_fix_this/
  6. i dont know

in Windows 10 Customization
    i dont know: [ATTACH] i dont know hot to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know/5df547b3-fc09-4b93-adbe-bdd39bf5267f
  7. I don’t know what I pressed to get this but I don’t know how to get rid of it. Anyone know how?

I don’t know what I pressed to get this but I don’t know how to get rid of it. Anyone know how?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ryguy1219xx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/esl2vu/i_dont_know_what_i_pressed_to_get_this_but_i_dont/
  8. Anyone know if I can bypass this?

Anyone know if I can bypass this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/999xxxtentacion666 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epad9v/anyone_know_if_i_can_bypass_this/
  9. How do I know if anyone has accessed my windows/outlook account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I know if anyone has accessed my windows/outlook account?: I been using the computer on/off for the last 10 years. This year, a lot. I love to down load and try apps, then delete them if not what I expected. I understand that too .downloads can create bugs. No problem, I just restore, fresh start, install new, update, or whatever...
  10. I know is not my business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I know is not my business: Sometimes I think, there are many Microsoft friends out there in the real world. Friends does support each other, Blizzard, for example(and there are many more), in my opinion(again, sometimes I'm scared to write all I think, since I do not have to many persons to talk with...