Windows 10: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

Discus and support CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I bought a brand new PC and installed windows 10 via bootable USB. After tethering my phone to it and usingthe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Weho12, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Weho12 Win User

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

Hi Guys,

I bought a brand new PC and installed windows 10 via bootable USB. After tethering my phone to it and usingthe internet/downloading for a bit, I would get the "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT". I would use my pc without tethering and it did not crash at allalbeit I didn't really do much. Thinking it was the tethering, I bought internet for my house and am now with internet via Ethernet. I still get the BSOD. A few reformats later, I'm getting BSOD's while unplugged off the internet... So now I have no idea.

Can someone inspect the dump file for me please?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!As_Ba-qBnQ7WgxQuVbbXYQyhxX5M?e=6hfxdp

Team T-Force Dark Za 32GB 2x16GB 3600MHz CL18 DDR4
    PCCG Full Custom System Assembly Service - 2 year warranty
    MSI Forge 100R RGB Tempered Glass Case
    Cooler Master MWE Gold Fully Modular 650W Power Supply
    Samsung 860 EVO M.2 SATA SSD 1TB
    MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super Ventus GP OC 8GB
    CoolerMaster Hyper D92 CPU Cooler
    MSI B550 Tomahawk / Ryzen 3600 Bundle- AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with Wraith Stealth- MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk Motherboard

:)

Weho12, Oct 16, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

3. zablas Win User
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after a fresh install

zablas, Oct 16, 2020
  4. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

Blue screen error with Clock_Watchdog_Timeout error code.

Hi Charlie,

The CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error can be caused by a faulty processor. This error may also be triggered by an outdated driver. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you consider the following:

• Ensure that your CPU's temperature is within standard and nothing is overheating.
    • Clear your CMOS (or load optimized BIOS defaults) to ensure there's no improper BIOS setting or to clear overclock settings.
    • Update your BIOS.
    • Run
      Windows Update
      to install the latest driver on your system.

Note: For steps 2 & 3, it's best to get an assistance from your system manufacturer to ensure that all settings will be properly configured.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

1. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT - Similar Threads - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

2. Error blue screen Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error blue screen Clock_Watchdog_Timeout: Hi, I had this error when starting the game Sea of Thieves from Steam. I checked online and saw a similar post with the same problem but didn't see a resolution to the problem. Could you help me? I have an i9-13900k with 16 DDR5 6000 MHz RAM. If necessary I will send the...
  3. Error blue screen Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error blue screen Clock_Watchdog_Timeout: Hi, I had this error when starting the game Sea of Thieves from Steam. I checked online and saw a similar post with the same problem but didn't see a resolution to the problem. Could you help me? I have an i9-13900k with 16 DDR5 6000 MHz RAM. If necessary I will send the...
  4. Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101": Hi,I last couple of weeks, we are seeing BSODs on couple of our systems with our custom SW.We've seen this on both Win10 and Win11. With latest generations of intel processors e.g. Intel Core i7 1265U, Intel Core 13700K.It runs for 3-4 days, then it ends up with something...
  5. Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101": Hi,I last couple of weeks, we are seeing BSODs on couple of our systems with our custom SW.We've seen this on both Win10 and Win11. With latest generations of intel processors e.g. Intel Core i7 1265U, Intel Core 13700K.It runs for 3-4 days, then it ends up with something...
  6. Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101"

7. Just updated my windows 10 system, and got a blue screen of death CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Just updated my windows 10 system, and got a blue screen of death CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: I shut down and updated my windows system like normal and got a BSOD with an error code CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, it was sending diagnostics and constantly got stuck on 85% and 66% after waiting an absurd amount of time. I restarted a few times, hoping that the update would...
  8. Just updated my windows 10 system, and got a blue screen of death CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just updated my windows 10 system, and got a blue screen of death CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: I shut down and updated my windows system like normal and got a BSOD with an error code CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, it was sending diagnostics and constantly got stuck on 85% and 66% after waiting an absurd amount of time. I restarted a few times, hoping that the update would...
  9. Just updated my windows 10 system, and got a blue screen of death CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

10. Keep getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Blue Screen: Hi, I've recently upgraded my CPU, Motherboard and RAM and I've experienced this perticular bluescreen twice already in the last couple of days. Here is the minidump file from the most recent crash. I don't know how to attach files here so I uploaded it to...