Windows 10: Clocks keep stopping when PC is closed

Discus and support Clocks keep stopping when PC is closed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 3 clocks including the Taskbar clock. Every time I close my PC all 3 stopped so on re-boot I have to start them again, in Settings. This happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Oct 9, 2020.

1. clayto Win User

Clocks keep stopping when PC is closed

I have 3 clocks including the Taskbar clock. Every time I close my PC all 3 stopped so on re-boot I have to start them again, in Settings. This happens with all the option, Sleep, Hibernate, Restart, Shutdown. I have never experienced this before, what do I need to do to keep the clocks running? I have tried both automatic and manual Settings.

:)

clayto, Oct 9, 2020

2. clock on taskbar not working

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To guide you in right direction we want to know:

• What is the error message or error code (if available) you receive when you click on the clock?

We suggest you to perform the following methods and check:

Method 1:

1. Press Windows +X.

2. Go to control Panel.

3. Select Time and Language.

4. Make the correction in Date and time.

5. Save it and close the tab.

Method 2:

We suggest you to perform SFC scan.

Follow the below steps, to run SFC scan

1. Open Command Prompt.

2. Select “Run as Administrator”.

3. Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
    Enter.

Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Deepak..Raghav, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Window 10- clock time losing when shut off

Hi Umasankar,

An outdated system setting is possibly causing the system clock to desynchronize. That being said, I suggest synchronizing your system clock with an Internet server. Make sure that you're signed in as the administrator before performing the steps below.

1. Click the Start button and type Command
      Prompt
    2. Right-click Command Prompt and then select
      Run as administrator
    3. If prompted, choose Yes or enter the administrator password.
    4. Type the command below and then press Enter after each command.
      • net start w32time
      • w32tm /resync
    5. Close Command Prompt and restart your PC.

Clocks keep stopping when PC is closed 42794a91-7426-49b2-85e7-4b28c0b18823?upload=true.jpg

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Devlin Sco, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Clocks keep stopping when PC is closed

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Clocks keep stopping when PC is closed

1. Clocks keep stopping when PC is closed - Similar Threads - Clocks keep stopping

2. My pc keeps BSOD'ing when closing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps BSOD'ing when closing a game.: Also, I keep getting VSM errors in the event viewer. DUMPFILE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-bsoding-when-closing-a-game/fb28ad75-b66e-4ffa-8eb2-55a35fb3d2fe
  3. My pc keeps BSOD'ing when closing a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc keeps BSOD'ing when closing a game.: Also, I keep getting VSM errors in the event viewer. DUMPFILE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-bsoding-when-closing-a-game/fb28ad75-b66e-4ffa-8eb2-55a35fb3d2fe
  4. Mouse keeps stopping when closing a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse keeps stopping when closing a program: Please help me my mouse keeps stopping when i close a program or randomly. I checked in Devices tab and it showed me this.I don't know the fix. I tried removing the device still showing this. If someone knows the fix please let me know....
  5. Mouse keeps stopping when closing a program

Mouse keeps stopping when closing a program: Please help me my mouse keeps stopping when i close a program or randomly. I checked in Devices tab and it showed me this.I don't know the fix. I tried removing the device still showing this. If someone knows the fix please let me know....
  6. The clock on the display stops when the PC is in power off and starts again when power is...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The clock on the display stops when the PC is in power off and starts again when power is...: See subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-clock-on-the-display-stops-when-the-pc-is-in/f2efc877-cceb-4328-8821-4516c24589f7
  7. the clock keeps ticking!!

the clock keeps ticking!!: It doesn't happen every time, but once in a while, when I haven't finish solving one of the games but have to leave, the clock on that game keeps ticking. This happens after I've even turned my computer off!! I left yesterday with a little more than an hour on my time, and...
  8. Why did the clock stop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why did the clock stop?: I don't know if I never noticed in similar cases, but the clock had the same time on it after I returned from a break as before the break. I took the break because I couldn't click on anything and the back button hadn't accomplished anything, and the bottom of the screen was...
  9. Clock keeps desyncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock keeps desyncing: Ok so out of nowhere, the clock on my taskbar just randomly stated to jump ahead. I would turn on my PC, see that the time is correct, use my computer for a while, then turn it off. The next day, I turn it on, and clock is messed up. When it is 11:30 AM, the clock says it's...
  10. PC keeps rebooting, then stops...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC keeps rebooting, then stops...: This puzzles me and don't know where to start, or rather continue to troubleshoot. The PC in question has: Core i5 2nd Generation CPU (Sandy Bridge) 8 GB memory (2 x 4) 2 x 256 GB Samsung SSD 1 x 1 GB Seagate HDD 1 x CD/DVD drive 1 x 650W power supply The PC runs W10...