Windows 10: Clone Admin profile to standard profile???

Discus and support Clone Admin profile to standard profile??? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have been using my admin profile daily. I want to make a standard user account for myself (for online safety issues). I now have two accounts -... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AnnetteRR, Oct 19, 2019.

1. AnnetteRR Win User

Clone Admin profile to standard profile???

I have been using my admin profile daily.

I want to make a standard user account for myself (for online safety issues).

I now have two accounts - both are currently admin user accounts

I logged into the newer admin one and EVERYTHING was so different.

I want to clone my previous account profile and settings to make a standard account that looks just like my new one!

Even the email looked different...

How can I get them both to look alike with the same settings?

Is that how it works?

If I'm logged in as standard user and have to make a change as administer how does that work?

Also, I have 3 accounts in the bottom left of sign in screen.

I'm so confused!

Can someone WALK me through details on how to do this and straight it out?

Windows 10 Home version 1809

64 bit

Dell

:)

AnnetteRR, Oct 19, 2019

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Oct 19, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Clone Admin profile to standard profile??? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Clone Admin profile to standard profile???

User profile corruption after cloning git repository

My user profile is getting corrupted after cloning the git repository.

While the cloning is in progress there are scripts in the repo which tries to access 'c:\users\username\appdata\roaming' to save some data.

In the console log, getting the error as 'c:\users\username\roaming' folder doesn't exist and cloning stops. The location 'c:\users\username' folder is not accessible as "You don't currently have permission to access this folder"
    error occurs (User has administrator privileges) This happens only after cloning the repository. Once the user profile is corrupt after sign in a temporary user profile is created and "We can't sign in to your account" error occurs.

Before the cloning I am able to access these folder without any errors and can sign in to the machine without any issues.

To recreate the corrupted user profile following these steps and the solution works.

https://webmakers.co.nz/delete-temp-user-profile-windows-server-2008-later/

After this whenever tried cloning to repo same user profile corruption issue persists.

Machine Details:

Git: 2.18.0

This issue is observed for couple of guys in team but works fine for others as a regular process of git cloning. Cross verified the system configuration and git repository privileges as well.

Aditya Jambhale, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Clone Admin profile to standard profile???

1. Clone Admin profile to standard profile??? - Similar Threads - Clone Admin profile

2. Unable to Log Out of Kids' Profile and Into Admin. Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to Log Out of Kids' Profile and Into Admin. Profile: I have somehow managed to conflate two profiles and am unable to log in to the administrator profile on my Yoga laptop. I've been using this profile for years, but now that I'm trying to set up Microsoft Family Safety, I NEED to log into this profile, and I can't. Every time...
  3. Unable to Log Out of Kids' Profile and Into Admin. Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Log Out of Kids' Profile and Into Admin. Profile: I have somehow managed to conflate two profiles and am unable to log in to the administrator profile on my Yoga laptop. I've been using this profile for years, but now that I'm trying to set up Microsoft Family Safety, I NEED to log into this profile, and I can't. Every time...
  4. Copy Admin Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy Admin Profile: Hi. i'm making an image and i need to copy the admin profile with all the settings And more importantly all the desktop icons to the default user so every new user that logs in he will have all the settings and applications , how i do that ?...
  5. Copy Admin Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy Admin Profile: Hi. i'm making an image and i need to copy the admin profile with all the settings And more importantly all the desktop icons to the default user so every new user that logs in he will have all the settings and applications , how i do that ?...
  6. Copy Admin Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Cloning Profile Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning Profile Partition: Quite some time ago, with lots of help from folks here, I put my boot partition and user profiles/data on separate hard drives, C: and D:, respectively. Recently, the drive for my user profiles, D:, started having a SMART error. This prevented a normal reboot sequence which...
  8. about admin profile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    about admin profile: when i run any thing as admin it asks me a password and when i enters it can't run as admin pleas help me Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup...
  9. about admin profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    about admin profile: when i run any thing as admin it asks me a password and when i enters it can't run as admin pleas help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/about-admin-profile/94d48730-e289-4ed8-838f-b9c5ea54998c
  10. admin account profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin account profile: i have gotten my user account set up just the way i want, and now i would like to have an admin account available on my login screen (in addition to my user account) that has same basic settings (all the stuff the way i want it) as my user account. i have found that if i...