Windows 10: Clone Bitlocker enable drive to SSD

Discus and support Clone Bitlocker enable drive to SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I received a new Samsung 860 EVO SSD and want to clone my current HDD to my new SSD. There's one small problem. My laptop came pre-enabled with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Keitaro Gangewere, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Clone Bitlocker enable drive to SSD

Hello, I received a new Samsung 860 EVO SSD and want to clone my current HDD to my new SSD. There's one small problem. My laptop came pre-enabled with Device Encryption also know as Bitlocker. It originally came with Windows 10 Home but I upgraded it to pro so i have all options available. I was about to clone it when Macrium reflect said that bitlocker would be disabled on the new drive and that i would have to reenable it. How can i clone the HDD to my new SSD and keep bitlocker enabled without bitlocker flipping out?

:)

Keitaro Gangewere, Jun 22, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

Part of how I keep my SSD fast is to clone it to a platter drive, then clone back. You just want to make sure that you are only cloning teh used space, and not the empty space.

So, again, I isntall Windows to the ssd. Clone to platter drive, then clone back.

I am not sure why, but if I do not do the clone step, the drive's speed, and windows booting, decreases substantially within a week or so.

I am using a Corsair F60 SSD and a Western Digital 500AAKS as drives, and using the free version of Acronis that WD provides, if any of that matters. I am not sure, at this point.

cadaveca, Jun 22, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

I kinda agree with you, but on a wholr, do not. While I have done things a bit differently than this specific situation, by installing Windows directly to the SSD, and cloning after, my testing shows that there are no issues doing this, very little that can go wrong, provided your system is stable.

There are certain features that must be disabled in this situation, like auto defrag and such, but even with a fresh install to the SSD, you need to take steps to ensure that you SSD performs properly, regardless of how the data got there.

Arming yourself with a bit of knowledge can go a long way.

Installing the latest chipset driver, and the RST Tools, will ensure optimal performance of the SSD. but rather than taking my advice, I suggest the OP takes a look here:

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sand...7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx

Installing The SSD - Install A Solid State Drive In Your Notebook

Keep in mind, also, Digibucc, that many retail drives include software and such that very specifically is to be used to ttranser the OS from an existing mechanical drive to an SSD, and if there really was alot fo issues stemming from the cloning process, they would not have packages like that, simply to eliminate tech support costs. While not the optimal option, cloning is NOT a bad thing, as long as you take the nessecary steps.

cadaveca, Jun 22, 2019
  4. rda62 Win User

Clone Bitlocker enable drive to SSD

How to enable Bitlocker for Fixed Drives?

Hi All,

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, Bitlocker (without TPM) is enabled and working for Removable drives, as well as the OS Drive.

I have an additional 2TB internal SATA drive that Bitlocker does not see. I do not get the option to enable Bitlocker, in the right click context menu for the drive.

If I go to Manage Bitlocker, the drive is not listed as a fixed data drive. It's not listed at all.

There is nothing wrong with the drive itself. In its current unencrypted state, I have data stored on it, and can access, read and write to all of the drives contents.

I've checked through the bitlocker group policy options, and I've googled this to death. Any help, short of a format/reload would be greatly appreciated.

rda62, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Clone Bitlocker enable drive to SSD

1. Clone Bitlocker enable drive to SSD - Similar Threads - Clone Bitlocker enable

2. BitLocker Issues After Cloning Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Issues After Cloning Drive: Hello, I recently cloned a drive with BitLocker enabled, and I'm facing challenges using BitLocker on the new SSD. I successfully disabled and decrypted the Bitlocker from old SSD using PowerShell in admin mode. Also, when I'm trying to open microsoft store I'm getting an...
  3. BitLocker Issues After Cloning Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Issues After Cloning Drive: Hello, I recently cloned a drive with BitLocker enabled, and I'm facing challenges using BitLocker on the new SSD. I successfully disabled and decrypted the Bitlocker from old SSD using PowerShell in admin mode. Also, when I'm trying to open microsoft store I'm getting an...
  4. Re-enabling OneDrive backups after cloning to new SSD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-enabling OneDrive backups after cloning to new SSD drive: I have Onedrive backups enabled on my PCI recently changed my PC case, and bought a new M.2 drive which I cloned with Acronis True Image for Western Digital.Now, Onedrive is not backing up my files and insisting that I rename them.Also, I no longer have access to my Personal...
  5. Re-enabling OneDrive backups after cloning to new SSD drive

Re-enabling OneDrive backups after cloning to new SSD drive: I have Onedrive backups enabled on my PCI recently changed my PC case, and bought a new M.2 drive which I cloned with Acronis True Image for Western Digital.Now, Onedrive is not backing up my files and insisting that I rename them.Also, I no longer have access to my Personal...
  6. Cannot clone HDDSystem drive to SSD

Cannot clone HDDSystem drive to SSD: I tried to clone my HDD drive to brand new SSD drive by using Macrium Rreflect.During the cloning it requested access to new driveSSD and it failed.. Afterwards the message "unable to match partition - Drive 0, Start Sector 50620416 - MFT corrupt" appeared. After own a disk...
  7. BitLocker drive cloning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BitLocker drive cloning: Hey, so I am gonna upgrade my laptops M.2 to a way bigger one and want to know if i can just do a 1 to 1 sector copy and then boot into Windows. Then I would just edit the partitions from there to use the new space. Theoretically that should work or am I overlooking...
  8. Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive: I'm sure I screwed something up, but here's my situation. I bought an SSD, unfortunately a little smaller than I should have. In using free Macrium Reflect software to clone my original main drive, I realized I needed a few more gigs of space. The operation requires moving...
  9. Trying to Clone SSD Drive to another SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Trying to Clone SSD Drive to another SSD Drive: Okay, So here's the thing. Laptop with small (16GB) Optane SSD & 1TB Seagate HDD failed. Retailer tried to repair, repair failed. Retailer replaced machine with new (lower spec) machine that only has m.2 NVMe PCIe sockets. Bought a small 'Proof-of-concept' SSD to check the...
  10. Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters: I have a new computer. I want to clone the system to a new SSD. Can I change the drive letter of the SSD to C: after cloning? My new computer (an ASUS) currently has Windows 8.1. I intend to upgrade to Windows 10 before I do anything more. I will move the old Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker drive clone

2. hdd to ssd with bitlocker

3. clone o bitlocker partition

4. will bitlocker pevent cloning,
  5. upgrade hdd to smaller ssd windows 10 with bitlocker enabled,
  6. enable bitlocker sed boot drive