Windows 10: Clone C Drive to a second Identical drive F and boot from either one

Discus and support Clone C Drive to a second Identical drive F and boot from either one in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to clone C to F and have the option to boot from either drive.It appears that a couple of years ago NVidia decided to cease supporting 3D... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AngeloCamillos, May 9, 2021.

1. Clone C Drive to a second Identical drive F and boot from either one

I want to clone C to F and have the option to boot from either drive.It appears that a couple of years ago NVidia decided to cease supporting 3D playback in their drivers. Of course I was overseas on an extended holiday and missed the whole event. I occasionally watch 3D Blu-ray movies on my 100 gig drive when I go to my farm. I was somewhat surprised that we could get sucked in by the provider of a major piece of hardware not to mention my two Nvidia 3D capable screens, 3D projector, emitter, a dozen pairs of 3D glasses and the 3DTVplay software.My time is limited

:)

AngeloCamillos, May 9, 2021
  2. skooterfd Win User

Cloning Drive C:/

I bought a new hard drive so I could clone my main hard drive. The new drive was formatted after putting into an external hard drive bay connected using USB cable. I right clicked on my C:/ drive & chose copy. I then right clicked on my new hard drive F:/
    and chose paste. It then started to copy C:/ to F:/, but it eventually failed saying I wasn't authorized to access certain files even though I'm the Administrator of my computer. It also said I had a bad sector on C:/ drive. I then reformatted C:/ & tried
    to make a clone drive onto F:/. All that did was copy over ...

$RECYCLEBIN, Boot, Recovery, System Volume 1, bootmgr, BOOTNXT, BOOTSECT.BAK

It appears to me that all it did was make a boot disk in case C:/ drive failed to boot I could have the computer boot using drive F:/ which is not what I wanted. I already have drive E:/ for that in the same bay housing as F:/.

What I want is an exact clone of C:/ drive, every program & file on it!

Anyone got any suggestions?

skooterfd, May 9, 2021
  3. clone internal ssd C: drive to identical internal D:

I have a new desktop PC with 2 identical 500 GB SSD drives.
    I would like to create a copy/clone? of the C: drive onto the 2nd (DClone C Drive to a second Identical drive F and boot from either one :) drive to that if C: fails I do not have reinstall everything.

Is this possible?

If so can I use native Win 10 software to do this or do I need 3rd party software?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage]

John A Shaw, May 9, 2021
  4. Clone C Drive to a second Identical drive F and boot from either one

f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Clone C Drive to a second Identical drive F and boot from either one

1. Clone C Drive to a second Identical drive F and boot from either one - Similar Threads - Clone Drive second

2. Difference between C: drive and F: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difference between C: drive and F: drive: Hi all,I'm new to Windows 11 after using MacOS and I was hoping I could get some help understanding the difference between the C: drive and the F: on my computer and if there was a way to "transfer" the storage from one to the other. I got this PC purely for gaming and my C:...
  3. Trying to upgrade C: Drive, but unable to boot on cloned drive!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to upgrade C: Drive, but unable to boot on cloned drive!: Been trying to upgrade my main drive from a 256gb nvme to a 512g nvme. I've tried using both AOMEI Backupper and making an image of the drive using a Live CD of Linux but both don't work, When i boot with the cloned 512gb nvme it says that "files are missing" and it wont get...
  4. Trying to upgrade C: Drive, but unable to boot on cloned drive!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to upgrade C: Drive, but unable to boot on cloned drive!: Been trying to upgrade my main drive from a 256gb nvme to a 512g nvme. I've tried using both AOMEI Backupper and making an image of the drive using a Live CD of Linux but both don't work, When i boot with the cloned 512gb nvme it says that "files are missing" and it wont get...
  5. Trying to upgrade C: Drive, but unable to boot on cloned drive!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive: I want to clone my C SSD drive to my larger E SSD drive. My issue is when I open up Macrium to start the process my C drive SSD and D drive HDD both appear to be chosen for cloning. Both drives have system folders on them but my D drive is huge and I don't need to clone it. I...
  7. Cloning C Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning C Drive: I have a desktop computer running Win 10 and I want to copy/clone the C drive to an SSD for faster access. I intend using EaseUS Disk Copy, but I have what I consider to be a problem. My C and D (for Data) drives are partitions on one 500GB HDD, which is Drive 0. I also have...
  8. Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive: I'm sure I screwed something up, but here's my situation. I bought an SSD, unfortunately a little smaller than I should have. In using free Macrium Reflect software to clone my original main drive, I realized I needed a few more gigs of space. The operation requires moving...
  9. Cloning Drive C:/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning Drive C:/: I bought a new hard drive so I could clone my main hard drive. The new drive was formatted after putting into an external hard drive bay connected using USB cable. I right clicked on my C:/ drive & chose copy. I then right clicked on my new hard drive F:/ and chose paste. It...
  10. Cloned drive will not boot

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloned drive will not boot: Hi guys I'm a little embarrassed to ask for help from a cloning operation, being an IT guy...but this one has me stumped. Short background: Bought a inexpensive Acer laptop (R 15) Seemed like a great deal for under $499, great screen, good video, Intel i5. But got it...