Windows 10: clone drive

Discus and support clone drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; im trying to clone my startup to a ssd plkz help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TanyaWestfall, Oct 5, 2018.

1. clone drive

im trying to clone my startup to a ssd plkz help

:)

TanyaWestfall, Oct 5, 2018

2. cloneing a drive in windows 10

Hi,I have this question last year,but my os is windows 8.there are my steps of

How to clone drive in winodws

,you can check.hope that helps

First,I download a free tool of MiniTool partition wizard and launch it.

Step 1. Connect SSD to Windows 8. Install and launch MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition, select the source hard drive and then choose “Copy

Step 2. Select a disk to copy the source disk. Here you are expected to choose the SSD (we choose disk 3).

Note: All the data on SSD will be destroyed, so make sure you have done backup in advance. You are allowed to clone a hard drive to a smaller SSD, as long as it can hold all data in the source disk. You can also clone SSD to larger SSD by using MiniTool
    Partition Wizard Free Edition.

Step 3. Review the changes you are going to make and also change the copy options if necessary.

Step 4. MiniTool Partition Wizard will tell you how to boot from the destination hard drive. So if you are cloning boot drive to SSD, you need to pay attention.

Step 5. When you are lead to the main interface again, you can preview the changes you are going to make from the middle pane. (Here disk 3 has the same disk layout with disk 1.) If you confirm these
    changes, you should click “Apply” to make the changes effective. Hope that helps

Areil.Bart, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Sanhime Win User
    Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Whats a good free imaging/cloning program? I have a 1TB hard drive with Win7 and I want to seamlessly migrate my stuff to a 2TB hard drive. Any suggestions?

Sanhime, Oct 8, 2018
  4. cadaveca Win User

clone drive

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

Part of how I keep my SSD fast is to clone it to a platter drive, then clone back. You just want to make sure that you are only cloning teh used space, and not the empty space.

So, again, I isntall Windows to the ssd. Clone to platter drive, then clone back.

I am not sure why, but if I do not do the clone step, the drive's speed, and windows booting, decreases substantially within a week or so.

I am using a Corsair F60 SSD and a Western Digital 500AAKS as drives, and using the free version of Acronis that WD provides, if any of that matters. I am not sure, at this point.

cadaveca, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

clone drive

1. clone drive - Similar Threads - clone drive

2. I cloned a drive to switch my Windows to new M.2 and now its a mess, help me.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cloned a drive to switch my Windows to new M.2 and now its a mess, help me.: So I've had a M.2 installed for a while and haven't gotten around to switching the OS over. Until today. So let me start by saying I'm a total newbie, so take things slow with me and assume I know very little. So I want just wanted windows and my modded version of GTA V on...
  3. How do I clone my dual drive pc to a single hdd trying to clone my PCs 2 drives to a single...

How do I clone my dual drive pc to a single hdd trying to clone my PCs 2 drives to a single...: Help pls submitted by /u/antoniogwolf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5rn9y/how_do_i_clone_my_dual_drive_pc_to_a_single_hdd/
  4. Cloning System Partitions Only Without Destroying Data On Clone Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning System Partitions Only Without Destroying Data On Clone Drive: I am trying to clone only System partitions from a 1TB SSD to a 4TB SSD that has 2 partitions filled with data but enough free space at its beginning to host the System partitions . 1st attempt I tried the copy System partitions only on Minitool Partition Wizard but was...
  5. Cloned Hard Drive Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cloned Hard Drive Issues: I cloned a hard drive from a Toshiba laptop to an SSD that I put in an HP laptop. Everything is fine except for some Bluetooth issues. I cannot pair the earbuds on the HP that I used on the Toshiba, nor can I delete them. Is this caused by some data on the Toshiba motherboard...
  6. Cloning an m.2 NVMe boot drive to another

Cloning an m.2 NVMe boot drive to another: Hi All, I have a rather interesting issue and all of the researching and trouble shooting steps have not produced any different results so I'm trying here to see if anyone has had the same experience. Here's what I've tried. Backed up a 500gb nvme m.2 drive to internal...
  7. Cloning the NVME boot drive in a laptop with only one M.2 slot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning the NVME boot drive in a laptop with only one M.2 slot: I've researched this enough to know it's possible to clone the NVME boot SSD on my new Lenovo T14 to an external drive then somehow move that clone back onto a newer/bigger NVME SSD that I'd have swapped out into the T14. The boot drive has the latest W10 version (20H2, build...
  8. Can you clone Windows 10 drive to many, same machines?

Can you clone Windows 10 drive to many, same machines?: If I have like 10 mini PC's (OEM) and want one to be "master image", can I make an image (Ghost or CloneZilla) and restore it to other machines (same hardware)? I'm mostly curious about a licence. In theory it should activate the one attached to the motherboard right?...
  9. just cloned a drive and files are all there, BUT used space differs?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    just cloned a drive and files are all there, BUT used space differs?: [img] I used Macrium for the clone one drive 33.2 other 24.2 used up one drive 152 other 161 free space This is around 9 gb in difference? I checked all the few directories, and all the numbers of files are equal Why is there this difference between these 2 IDE drives?,...
  10. Trying to clone Windows 10 to different drive. Can I do this on drives I've already installed?

Trying to clone Windows 10 to different drive. Can I do this on drives I've already installed?: I'm watching tutorial videos explaining how to transfer the contents of one of my drives to another, i.e., cloning Windows 10 so I can set a larger drive to my default drive. The C drive is my default, with 400 GB, and I have a 4 TB D drive installed that I want to transfer...