Windows 10: clone drive

Discus and support clone drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; im trying to clone my startup to a ssd plkz help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TanyaWestfall, Oct 5, 2018.

1. clone drive

im trying to clone my startup to a ssd plkz help

:)

TanyaWestfall, Oct 5, 2018

2. cloneing a drive in windows 10

Hi,I have this question last year,but my os is windows 8.there are my steps of

How to clone drive in winodws

,you can check.hope that helps

First,I download a free tool of MiniTool partition wizard and launch it.

Step 1. Connect SSD to Windows 8. Install and launch MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition, select the source hard drive and then choose “Copy

Step 2. Select a disk to copy the source disk. Here you are expected to choose the SSD (we choose disk 3).

Note: All the data on SSD will be destroyed, so make sure you have done backup in advance. You are allowed to clone a hard drive to a smaller SSD, as long as it can hold all data in the source disk. You can also clone SSD to larger SSD by using MiniTool
    Partition Wizard Free Edition.

Step 3. Review the changes you are going to make and also change the copy options if necessary.

Step 4. MiniTool Partition Wizard will tell you how to boot from the destination hard drive. So if you are cloning boot drive to SSD, you need to pay attention.

Step 5. When you are lead to the main interface again, you can preview the changes you are going to make from the middle pane. (Here disk 3 has the same disk layout with disk 1.) If you confirm these
    changes, you should click “Apply” to make the changes effective. Hope that helps

Areil.Bart, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Sanhime Win User
    Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Whats a good free imaging/cloning program? I have a 1TB hard drive with Win7 and I want to seamlessly migrate my stuff to a 2TB hard drive. Any suggestions?

Sanhime, Oct 8, 2018
  4. cadaveca Win User

clone drive

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

Part of how I keep my SSD fast is to clone it to a platter drive, then clone back. You just want to make sure that you are only cloning teh used space, and not the empty space.

So, again, I isntall Windows to the ssd. Clone to platter drive, then clone back.

I am not sure why, but if I do not do the clone step, the drive's speed, and windows booting, decreases substantially within a week or so.

I am using a Corsair F60 SSD and a Western Digital 500AAKS as drives, and using the free version of Acronis that WD provides, if any of that matters. I am not sure, at this point.

cadaveca, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

clone drive

1. clone drive - Similar Threads - clone drive

2. After cloning a Hard Drive to SSD I can't access some of my personal files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After cloning a Hard Drive to SSD I can't access some of my personal files: When I attempt to access my personal files it says "D:\School is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc iss inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or...
  3. After cloning a Hard Drive to SSD I can't access some of my personal files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After cloning a Hard Drive to SSD I can't access some of my personal files: When I attempt to access my personal files it says "D:\School is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc iss inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or...
  4. After cloning a Hard Drive to SSD I can't access some of my personal files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS: Hi Backup friends.I'd like to have another bootable drive C: on the ready but in your experience which is the best app for cloning the drive C:a. Macriumb. Minitools Partitionc. Aomeid. EaseUSc. Windows 11's built in mirroring/Raid 1 I heard it needs 2 backup disks, I don'...
  6. Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS

Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS: Hi Backup friends.I'd like to have another bootable drive C: on the ready but in your experience which is the best app for cloning the drive C:a. Macriumb. Minitools Partitionc. Aomeid. EaseUSc. Windows 11's built in mirroring/Raid 1 I heard it needs 2 backup disks, I don'...
  7. Windows 10 Does Not Boot or Shut Down Properly After Cloning Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Does Not Boot or Shut Down Properly After Cloning Drive: about a year or two ago, I cloned my boot drive and all files from a 1 TB hard drive to a 2 TB SSD. everything works OK, except for the fact that ever since I moved everything over, when I boot the computer it goes to a black screen with boot options windows 10 or Windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 Does Not Boot or Shut Down Properly After Cloning Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Does Not Boot or Shut Down Properly After Cloning Drive: about a year or two ago, I cloned my boot drive and all files from a 1 TB hard drive to a 2 TB SSD. everything works OK, except for the fact that ever since I moved everything over, when I boot the computer it goes to a black screen with boot options windows 10 or Windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 Does Not Boot or Shut Down Properly After Cloning Drive

10. BitLocker Issues After Cloning Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Issues After Cloning Drive: Hello, I recently cloned a drive with BitLocker enabled, and I'm facing challenges using BitLocker on the new SSD. I successfully disabled and decrypted the Bitlocker from old SSD using PowerShell in admin mode. Also, when I'm trying to open microsoft store I'm getting an...