Windows 10: Clone Existing Windows 10 Pro C Drive To New System?

Discus and support Clone Existing Windows 10 Pro C Drive To New System? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; mods, please delete, found answer(s). 127939 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aeneas1, Feb 26, 2019.

1. aeneas1 Win User

Clone Existing Windows 10 Pro C Drive To New System?

mods, please delete, found answer(s).

:)

aeneas1, Feb 26, 2019
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

How to clone a hard drive?

I'm a little confused about one thing with this guide.

If my existing HDD is unplugged, and the only thing plugged in is my new, blank, SSD...where is the system image being stored for Windows to restore from?

Edit: I missed the part where it says you'll need an extra HDD to do this, my bad. Do you know if an external HDD would work to store the system image on?

OrbitzXT, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Clone Existing Windows 10 Pro C Drive To New System?

Multiple partitions found when trying to clone C: drive

I am having a problem trying to clone my C: drive on my Windows 10 64-bit system.

I decided to install a new, bigger hard drive and clone my C: drive onto it. I noticed though that my C: drive has 6 separate partitions for some unknown reason.

300 MB recovery partition

99 MB EFI system partition

929.87 MB C: drive boot

450 MB recovery partition

350 MB recovery partition

350 MB recovery partition

I have no idea how I got so many!

I'd prefer the new drive to not have so many partitions when I clone it, but I have no idea if I should try to first delete some of the partitions prior to cloning (and if so, which ones), or to just try and clone only certain partitions onto the new drive
    (and again, if so, which ones).

Can anyone help me out here?

PaulRuzicka, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Clone Existing Windows 10 Pro C Drive To New System?

1. Clone Existing Windows 10 Pro C Drive To New System? - Similar Threads - Clone Existing Pro

2. Old user still exists on C drive, new user does not exist on C drive but still exists...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old user still exists on C drive, new user does not exist on C drive but still exists...: I recently turned in my laptop for repair after I got a blue screen error. The error led to the laptop not being able to boot since no boot service was being detected. The repair comments state that Windows was restored to original factory settings. I set up the laptop and...
  3. Old user still exists on C drive, new user does not exist on C drive but still exists...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old user still exists on C drive, new user does not exist on C drive but still exists...: I recently turned in my laptop for repair after I got a blue screen error. The error led to the laptop not being able to boot since no boot service was being detected. The repair comments state that Windows was restored to original factory settings. I set up the laptop and...
  4. I cloned my existing c drive with windows 10 pro for a computer I got - I need to pay for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cloned my existing c drive with windows 10 pro for a computer I got - I need to pay for...: I cloned my existing c drive with windows 10 pro for a computer I got - I need to pay for a new license on my old or new computer which is easier and how do I do it?...
  5. I cloned my existing c drive with windows 10 pro for a computer I got - I need to pay for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cloned my existing c drive with windows 10 pro for a computer I got - I need to pay for...: I cloned my existing c drive with windows 10 pro for a computer I got - I need to pay for a new license on my old or new computer which is easier and how do I do it?...
  6. I cloned my existing c drive with windows 10 pro for a computer I got - I need to pay for...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Cloning C Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning C Drive: I have a desktop computer running Win 10 and I want to copy/clone the C drive to an SSD for faster access. I intend using EaseUS Disk Copy, but I have what I consider to be a problem. My C and D (for Data) drives are partitions on one 500GB HDD, which is Drive 0. I also have...
  8. Cloning Drive C:/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning Drive C:/: I bought a new hard drive so I could clone my main hard drive. The new drive was formatted after putting into an external hard drive bay connected using USB cable. I right clicked on my C:/ drive & chose copy. I then right clicked on my new hard drive F:/ and chose paste. It...
  9. cloning C: System Drive to SSD questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    cloning C: System Drive to SSD questions: I seek clarification for three groups of questions I have about cloning my C: Drive to SSD 1) On my C: HDD (Windows 10) there was still a 60 GB Recovery Partition with the original W8. I have deleted this and extended the main partition with the 60 GB (I did this mainly...
  10. cloning C: System Drive to SSD questions

in Windows 10 Support
    cloning C: System Drive to SSD questions: I seek clarification for three groups of questions I have about cloning my C: Drive to SSD 1) On my C: HDD (Windows 10) there was still a 60 GB Recovery Partition with the original W8. I have deleted this and extended the main partition with the 60 GB (I did this mainly...