Windows 10: Clone Existing Windows 10 Pro C Drive To New System?

Discus and support Clone Existing Windows 10 Pro C Drive To New System? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; mods, please delete, found answer(s). 127939 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aeneas1, Feb 26, 2019.

1. aeneas1 Win User

Clone Existing Windows 10 Pro C Drive To New System?

mods, please delete, found answer(s).

:)

aeneas1, Feb 26, 2019
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

How to clone a hard drive?

I'm a little confused about one thing with this guide.

If my existing HDD is unplugged, and the only thing plugged in is my new, blank, SSD...where is the system image being stored for Windows to restore from?

Edit: I missed the part where it says you'll need an extra HDD to do this, my bad. Do you know if an external HDD would work to store the system image on?

OrbitzXT, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Clone Existing Windows 10 Pro C Drive To New System?

Multiple partitions found when trying to clone C: drive

I am having a problem trying to clone my C: drive on my Windows 10 64-bit system.

I decided to install a new, bigger hard drive and clone my C: drive onto it. I noticed though that my C: drive has 6 separate partitions for some unknown reason.

300 MB recovery partition

99 MB EFI system partition

929.87 MB C: drive boot

450 MB recovery partition

350 MB recovery partition

350 MB recovery partition

I have no idea how I got so many!

I'd prefer the new drive to not have so many partitions when I clone it, but I have no idea if I should try to first delete some of the partitions prior to cloning (and if so, which ones), or to just try and clone only certain partitions onto the new drive
    (and again, if so, which ones).

Can anyone help me out here?

PaulRuzicka, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Clone Existing Windows 10 Pro C Drive To New System?

1. Clone Existing Windows 10 Pro C Drive To New System? - Similar Threads - Clone Existing Pro

2. Make new C drive!

in Windows 10 Support
    Make new C drive!: Can I do a disk image of my C drive & add to my (F) drive & make it the boot drive? Much of the video, audio & other data is stored on external HdD’s F, D & K. Very little is stored in (Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures & Video) on the C drive. I want to eliminate...
  3. Make new C drive!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Make new C drive!: Can I do a disk image of my C drive & add to my (F) drive & make it the boot drive? Much of the video, audio & other data is stored on external HdD’s F, D & K. Very little is stored in (Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures & Video) on the C drive. I want to eliminate...
  4. INSTALL NEW c: DRIVE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INSTALL NEW c: DRIVE: 1. Installed new C: hard drive. 2. How do I install Windows 10 on it? 3. The BIOS seems messed up. Windows 10 tries to install, but ends up saying "We couldn't find the selected partition."...
  5. AOEMI disk clone versus system clone, all of the c:\ drive is copied?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    AOEMI disk clone versus system clone, all of the c:\ drive is copied?: Looking to make a bootable backup of win10. Does Aoemi system clone copy all of the c: drive? I only have the c: drive, there is no d:\ drive partition on this hard drive. Best Free Hard Disk Clone Software – AOMEI Backupper System Clone/System Migration 97553
  6. How to take a backup of C Drive (Operating System) in Windows 10 Pro?

How to take a backup of C Drive (Operating System) in Windows 10 Pro?: Please help me in taking a backup of my Operating System of Windows 10 Pro. I would like to take a backup of only Operating System and nothing else, so that it takes a very small space of my Partition. I want this to recover from a state where my Desktop PC would not boot or...
  7. After Cloning, orig. C & new C can't be selected in boot order

After Cloning, orig. C & new C can't be selected in boot order: I followed Acronis True Image 2017 instructions to clone my C: drive (Windows 10 Pro installation) to a larger SSD. When done, I turned off the computer, removed the original C: and replaced it with the new C: and then started up into the bios to change the boot order from...
  8. Win10 cloning a drive under different system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 cloning a drive under different system: I have a win10 fresh install on an HP pavillion laptop (1tb)drive and i added a second drive( 250g) with my old OS (vista64 home) Now i want to move the 250 gigs of my old system to the new drive but I dont want it to boot to the old os.I want it to still boot with WIN10...
  9. System Partiton Not on C Drive

System Partiton Not on C Drive: When I installed windows the only drive connected was the 960 Evo. I notice now that there's a system reserved partition on data drive F. This had to be installed when the two data drives were hooked back up after the Windows install. I'm wondering why Windows would do this -...
  10. Cloned drive to new pc possible?

Cloned drive to new pc possible?: I have W10 which was upgraded from w7 ultimate. I cloned w10 to another hard drive and now have 2 drives bootable which i can use. I am going to be buying a new pc without an operating system,before i do can i: Put one of the drives into this new pc and boot form it? Will...