Windows 10: Clone from SSD 120GB Serial ATA III to ADATA M.2 PCIe

Discus and support Clone from SSD 120GB Serial ATA III to ADATA M.2 PCIe in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Can i clone a Kingston A400 SSD 120GB Serial ATA III to a Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2-2280 NVMe PCIe SSD.? Save having to reinstalling everything.?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by morgan23, Dec 30, 2019.

1. morgan23 Win User

Clone from SSD 120GB Serial ATA III to ADATA M.2 PCIe

Can i clone a Kingston A400 SSD 120GB Serial ATA III to a Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2-2280 NVMe PCIe SSD.?
    Save having to reinstalling everything.?
    Easiest cloning software to use please as I have never tried this before.
    I will be using a flash drive as I don't have a DVD or burner installed
    Windows 10 10.18362 build 535

Thanks

:)

morgan23, Dec 30, 2019
  2. morgan23 Win User

Can i clone a Kingston A400 SSD 120GB Serial ATA III to a Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2-2280 NVMe PCIe SSD.?
    Save having to reinstalling everything.?
    Easiest cloning software to use please as I have never tried this before.
    I will be using a flash drive as I don't have a DVD or burner installed
    Windows 10 10.18362 build 535

Thanks

morgan23, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?

I have a 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD (boot drive) that I want to replace with a higher capacity M.2 card.

Where do I put the new SSD during the NVMe to NVMe cloning process? My mobo only has one M.2 slot for NVMe SSD's so do I want to use an external adapter for one of the M.2 cards? If so, do you have a recommendation?

If you have solved this issue for your desktop or laptop I would like your advice on if and what extra hardware you needed during the cloning.

please remember that I am dealing with PCIe NVMe drives ONLY. NO Sata is involved except possibly for a connecting cable from the desktop to an adapter. I am experienced with cloning SATA III drives but cloning NVMe is a little
    new to me.

Computer: Dell XPS 8920, 32GB ram.

Present SSD: KXG50ZNV512G NVMe Toshiba 512GB

New SSD: CT13049074 Crucial P1 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 1TB (or 2TB if available soon) or similar storage device.

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 1809.

Cbarnhorst, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Clone from SSD 120GB Serial ATA III to ADATA M.2 PCIe

best way to clone SATA M.2 SSD to PCIe M.2 SSD?

Long story short:
    I have a Gigabyte Mini ITX motherboard with a 256GB Sandisk SATA III M.2 SSD in it that I'm replacing with a 1TB Intel PCIe M.2 SSD and would like to keep my OS and everything.

My current plan ins to put the old SSD into a USB enclosure so I can boot from it then use Macrium reflect free to clone my OS to the new SSD. It looks like if I skip the OEM partition at the end I can clone everything over and extend the OS partition to take up the full space, is that correct? Should this plan work as-is? The SSD doesn't come in until Thursday so any preparations I need to do in advanced I'd be happy to hear about.

FuturDreamz, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Clone from SSD 120GB Serial ATA III to ADATA M.2 PCIe - Similar Threads - Clone SSD 120GB

2. Cloning windows to M.2 Adata XPG SX8200 PRO but cannot boot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cloning windows to M.2 Adata XPG SX8200 PRO but cannot boot.: I have tried to clone windows from my old M.2 to XPG SX8200 in reason to upgrade it but somehow after cloning it cannot be booted and when I try to it display error code 0xc0000225. I tried using diskpart to complete format it and using other cloning app but still show the...
  3. Cloning windows to M.2 Adata XPG SX8200 PRO but cannot boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning windows to M.2 Adata XPG SX8200 PRO but cannot boot.: I have tried to clone windows from my old M.2 to XPG SX8200 in reason to upgrade it but somehow after cloning it cannot be booted and when I try to it display error code 0xc0000225. I tried using diskpart to complete format it and using other cloning app but still show the...
  4. Cloning windows to M.2 Adata XPG SX8200 PRO but cannot boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cloning 120gb SSD -> 250gb SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning 120gb SSD -> 250gb SSD: I'm upgrading my old 120gb SSD to a new one that's 250gb, and while I'm no stranger to cloning a disk, I've never cloned a disk to a larger disk size. I'm using the program Macrium Reflect, just for reference. If I make an image of my current 120gb SSD and apply it to the...
  6. Cloning OS from SSD to M.2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning OS from SSD to M.2: I'm ordering my first M.2 drive and I need advice. 500g ssd to 500g m.2 Can I clone the OS? What program should I use to clone? Should I just reinstall windows? 149234
  7. easiest way to Clone a laptop with M.2 NVME PCiE SSD drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    easiest way to Clone a laptop with M.2 NVME PCiE SSD drive: I received a M.2 NVme PCIe 512GB SSD as a gift, and I'd like to update my Dell's 3389 laptop drive 256GB (also an M.2 SSD) with this larger SSD. Its a Window 10 system.. BTW Issue is I have no way to clone this since I only have one available M.2 slot, I was thinking to use...
  8. best way to clone SATA M.2 SSD to PCIe M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    best way to clone SATA M.2 SSD to PCIe M.2 SSD?: Long story short: I have a Gigabyte Mini ITX motherboard with a 256GB Sandisk SATA III M.2 SSD in it that I'm replacing with a 1TB Intel PCIe M.2 SSD and would like to keep my OS and everything. My current plan ins to put the old SSD into a USB enclosure so I can boot from...
  9. PCIe M.2 SSD not showing in bios

PCIe M.2 SSD not showing in bios: I bought a Samsung 970 EVO nvme m.2 1TB SSD that i connected to a PCIe adapter and then plugged into he pcie slot. by follow a tutorial on you tube i got windows 10 installed on the SSD but the SSD does not show up in bios so i can boot from it. When i plug my old SSD in and...
  10. new m.2 pcie ssd

new m.2 pcie ssd: I've installed the above in my pc but it doesn't show up in my bios uefi. I installed thre build in a dual boot configuration. What files do I need to leave in the old drive so as I can boot into the new drive? 54011