Windows 10: Clone HDD 2.5 to 2.5 SSD for testing, then back to original HDD

Discus and support Clone HDD 2.5 to 2.5 SSD for testing, then back to original HDD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How is windows 10 going to react to the following: 1) Clone Win10 from 200g HDD to 240G SSD 2) swap out HDD with SSD 3) do testing with SSD 4) put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/captain_dylan_hunt, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Clone HDD 2.5 to 2.5 SSD for testing, then back to original HDD

How is windows 10 going to react to the following:

1) Clone Win10 from 200g HDD to 240G SSD

2) swap out HDD with SSD

3) do testing with SSD

4) put old HDD back into laptop

Will going from the HDD to SSD make W10 freak out with licensing ? then freak out again when I put the HDD back into laptop?

this laptop is local only, no cloud account

submitted by /u/captain_dylan_hunt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/captain_dylan_hunt, Dec 5, 2019

2. Clone HDD to a SSD

I'm planing to upgrade my new laptop HDD to SSD while using my HDD as a storage media on my laptop. My laptop came with windows 10 Home OEM. If I cloned the HDD will the windows be activated after I
    cloned or will it be deactivated?? And what happend to other activated softwares like MS Office and Antivirus Softwares???

Thank you for your support.

Kasun Anuradha, Dec 16, 2019
  3. ColMac75 Win User
    Upgrading hdd to M.2 SSD

I got a new m.2 drive for Christmas and ive been trying to set it up so that my new SSD drive will replace my old hdd. I partitioned and cloned the new drive and it works well with HDD. However when I take the hdd drive out and turn my computer back on
    it brings up support assist and then eventually tells me that there is no drive to boot from. Ive been looking online and I can't find what I did wrong.

ColMac75, Dec 16, 2019
  4. jmchatain Win User

Clone HDD 2.5 to 2.5 SSD for testing, then back to original HDD

Problem with boot after cloning HDD to SSD - Please Help !

Hi,

I have windows 10 on my Dell and I just cloned my HDD onto a SSD. I changed the BIOS priority with 1) SSD and 2) HDD. The boot was still very slow as if on my HDD (and not SSD). When I look at the C:/Windows/Temp it gives me today's date, which means
    to me that it has booted on the C:/. When I look at the F:/Windows/Temp I have yesterday's date (when I cloned). F:/ is my SSD.

What did I do wrong and how can I boot from the SSD drive?

I would like to keep the HDD as back up. FYI the HDD is on SATA 1, CD on SATA 2 and SSD on SATA 3.

Here is a picture of my disc manager.

Thanks !

jmchatain, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Clone HDD 2.5 to 2.5 SSD for testing, then back to original HDD

1. Clone HDD 2.5 to 2.5 SSD for testing, then back to original HDD - Similar Threads - Clone HDD SSD

2. Clone HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clone HDD to SSD: Of all the many programs than come with Win10, do any allow the cloning of the OS to a new SSD? If so, are the instructions easy to understand & follow? If not, can you recommend one?Thanks!...
  3. Clone HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clone HDD to SSD: Of all the many programs than come with Win10, do any allow the cloning of the OS to a new SSD? If so, are the instructions easy to understand & follow? If not, can you recommend one?Thanks!...
  4. Clone HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HDD to SSD clone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD to SSD clone.: Want to transfer my whole operating system along with the data from a HDD to a SSD but don't know how to do it. Help needed. SSD not yet bought so suggestion on what company to buy from are welcome. Currently using western digital wd10spzx-60z10t0 1TB. Let me know if more...
  6. cloning hdd to NVMe m.2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cloning hdd to NVMe m.2: if i clone my hdd to a nvme m.2 using something like macrium will windows use the right driver for nvme on boot or would i need to reinstall to get correct drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloning-hdd-to-nvme-m2/a8055614-e138-453d-a75f-15a6d457735e
  7. Cloning a hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning a hdd to ssd: 1t to 250 gig ssd using MiniTool Partition Free. Very little on the hdd and I never even fill up a 128g ssd !! Anything I have to be aware of ? Thanks 143870
  8. Cloning a hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning a hdd to ssd: 1t to 250 gig ssd using Macrium Free. Very little on the hdd and I never even fill up a 128g ssd !! Anything I have to be aware of ? Thanks 143870
  9. Upgrading hdd to M.2 SSD

Upgrading hdd to M.2 SSD: I got a new m.2 drive for Christmas and ive been trying to set it up so that my new SSD drive will replace my old hdd. I partitioned and cloned the new drive and it works well with HDD. However when I take the hdd drive out and turn my computer back on it brings up support...
  10. Clone HDD to SSD

Clone HDD to SSD: Most regulars here recommend and use Macrium Reflect Free which will work on ANY drive. 93058