Windows 10: Clone HDD to New PC of Exact same model after failure

Discus and support Clone HDD to New PC of Exact same model after failure in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have a HP Z230 (windows 10, probably upgraded from 7 a couple of years ago) that runs some 3rd party software we paid to have setup with small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Glasshalffulladmin, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Clone HDD to New PC of Exact same model after failure

Hi,

I have a HP Z230 (windows 10, probably upgraded from 7 a couple of years ago) that runs some 3rd party software we paid to have setup with small SQL databases behind them. The system runs fine and is more than enough. A real server isn't a possibility at this time. The SSD is cloned every night to another SSD in a USB 3.0 dock. If the original SSD fails then hopefully we can just switch it out for the cloned SSD and boot back up.

Lately I've been wondering what we would do if the motherboard died. Organizing the software providers to re-install and configure our programs on a new box could lead to too much expense and downtime. As a second hand Z230 (Win 10) is relatively cheap I thought I could just buy another one. Then in the event of a failure we can install the cloned SSD into the spare HP Z230 which would hopefully have us back up and running within 10 mins as the drivers would be the same if not very similar.

What problems am I going to face from a Windows activation perspective?

If the spare Z230 with cloned SSD won't activate:

• If it boots will Windows allow us to log in un-activated for a certain time period and use the machine while we try to organise a replacement?
    • If not, is there any way to activate the machine so I don't have to refresh Windows and reinstall all the software, such as buying a new key? I'm guessing [OEM Win7>Win10>New W10 Retail key] won't work...

:)

Glasshalffulladmin, Nov 7, 2019
  2. davnav Win User

new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed

Ive just bought a brand new lenovo pc which has windows 10 home 64bit and has a 1tb hard drive fitted, im looking for advice on the following.

Ive fitted the ssd into the pc but its not shown up so need step by step guide on how to make it active ?

Next I need help on how to clone the 1tb hdd to the
    Ssd drive, step by step and best software to use and have the ssd as the main drive then use the the 1hdd for storage.I just dont want to break my new system
    Thanks for your time.

davnav, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Cloning an external HDD

Hello community,

I just bought a new laptop and I was wondering if I clone my old laptop HDD (right now I am using that as external HDD) connected to my new PC. My idea is to clone this old HDD into my new laptop so I can use all my data and installed software, is that possible?

Thanks for your help.

PS. Both are with windows 10, my old laptop was HP and now I got Asus.

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Alfredo Carranco, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Clone HDD to New PC of Exact same model after failure

Clone HDD to a SSD

I'm planing to upgrade my new laptop HDD to SSD while using my HDD as a storage media on my laptop. My laptop came with windows 10 Home OEM. If I cloned the HDD will the windows be activated after I
    cloned or will it be deactivated?? And what happend to other activated softwares like MS Office and Antivirus Softwares???

Thank you for your support.

Kasun Anuradha, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Clone HDD to New PC of Exact same model after failure

1. Clone HDD to New PC of Exact same model after failure - Similar Threads - Clone HDD Exact

2. I got the exact Same issue this is new

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got the exact Same issue this is new: DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience_423.23500.0.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy\Dashboard\Widgets.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name:...
  3. I got the exact Same issue this is new

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got the exact Same issue this is new: DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience_423.23500.0.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy\Dashboard\Widgets.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name:...
  4. New Computer Broke - Can I move SSD to an EXACT SAME MACHINE Exact same model and config...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Computer Broke - Can I move SSD to an EXACT SAME MACHINE Exact same model and config...: Hi,Example...water fried my 2 months old machine. I went back to the store and bought the EXACT SAME COMPUTER model sku# config...everything again :-I don't have an old fashioned HDD. I assume that I can just remove my original 1TB SSD, plug it into the new machine and it...
  5. New Computer Broke - Can I move SSD to an EXACT SAME MACHINE Exact same model and config...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Computer Broke - Can I move SSD to an EXACT SAME MACHINE Exact same model and config...: Hi,Example...water fried my 2 months old machine. I went back to the store and bought the EXACT SAME COMPUTER model sku# config...everything again :-I don't have an old fashioned HDD. I assume that I can just remove my original 1TB SSD, plug it into the new machine and it...
  6. Problems after HDD Clone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after HDD Clone: I cloned my HDD, and Windows, my files, and my programs all copied fine. However I am having the following problems: -Audio Service refuses to run even when forced in properties (tried resetting my boot settings to default as well) -Search Bar refuses to let me type in...
  7. Cloning same model computers / Keep Windows License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cloning same model computers / Keep Windows License: All, As I posted in a previous thread, my company is trying out Intel NUC computers with Windows 10 Home. So I have two computers and it took literally two days to install all of the Windows updates for both computers. I've used Clonezilla successfully for a K12 computer lab...
  8. Cloning same model computers / Keep Windows License

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cloning same model computers / Keep Windows License: All, As I posted in a previous thread, my company is trying out Intel NUC computers with Windows 10 Home. So I have two computers and it took literally two days to install all of the Windows updates for both computers. I've used Clonezilla successfully for a K12 computer lab...
  9. new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed: Ive just bought a brand new lenovo pc which has windows 10 home 64bit and has a 1tb hard drive fitted, im looking for advice on the following. Ive fitted the ssd into the pc but its not shown up so need step by step guide on how to make it active ? Next I need help on...
  10. Possible HDD imminent failure & whether or not to clone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Possible HDD imminent failure & whether or not to clone: Computer: HP Pavilion a1600n Win10 desktop (Originally XP Media Center, upgraded to Win7, upgraded to Win10) SAMSUNG SP2004C [Hard drive] (200.05 GB) Free space: 154.91 GB 8/30/16 during boot: Hard drive disk failure is imminent. Insert system disk & press Enter. There...