Windows 10: Clone HDD to SSD boot failure on a Dell Inspiron 15 3567

Discus and support Clone HDD to SSD boot failure on a Dell Inspiron 15 3567 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi I have a Inspiron 15 3567 Laptop that I recently cloned a SATA hdd over to a new samsung 860 SATA SSD using Macrium Reflect. After the clone, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by trinsic, May 4, 2021.

1. trinsic Win User

Clone HDD to SSD boot failure on a Dell Inspiron 15 3567

Hi I have a Inspiron 15 3567 Laptop that I recently cloned a SATA hdd over to a new samsung 860 SATA SSD using Macrium Reflect. After the clone, I installed the SSD and attempted to boot. (without the HDD hooked up). Windows 10 appears like its booting, but after 35 seconds at the boot screen, the system reboots and I get this screen: I tried the following, but the same problem occurs: Cloned the HDD from the Laptop with secure boot off and on different hardware.Added a second boot entry to point to the efi boot and attempted to boot from the file.disabled and enabled secure boot.Cleared the security keys (After backing them up)I ran the fixboot tool from macrium. Here is a screen shot of the BIOS For reference, Support Assist doesnt even see the SSD (I cloned all the partitions) The SSD boots fine in another configuration, but it does not boot in the laptop itself so I know its not the clone. I'm pretty sure its a BIOS setting that I have over looked. Has anyone experienced this?

:)

trinsic, May 4, 2021
  2. trinsic Win User

Hi I have a Inspiron 15 3567 Laptop that I recently cloned a SATA hdd over to a new samsung 860 SATA SSD using Macrium Reflect. After the clone, I installed the SSD and attempted to boot. (without the HDD hooked up). Windows 10 appears like its booting, but after 35 seconds at the boot screen, the system reboots and I get this screen:

Clone HDD to SSD boot failure on a Dell Inspiron 15 3567 [​IMG]

I tried the following, but the same problem occurs:
    • Cloned the HDD from the Laptop with secure boot off and on different hardware.
    • Added a second boot entry to point to the efi boot and attempted to boot from the file.
    • disabled and enabled secure boot.
    • Cleared the security keys (After backing them up)
    • I ran the fixboot tool from macrium.

Here is a screen shot of the BIOS

For reference, Support Assist doesnt even see the SSD (I cloned all the partitions)

The SSD boots fine in another configuration, but it does not boot in the laptop itself so I know its not the clone. I'm pretty sure its a BIOS setting that I have over looked. Has anyone experienced this?

trinsic, May 4, 2021
  3. Dell Inspiron-15 3567 Keyboard Issue

Keyboard Issue on Dell Inspiron-15 3567

Dell Inspiron-15 3567 Windows 10

Sometimes,

when I turn on my laptop, the keyboard
    does not work and I have to restart the
    laptop again to type on the
    keyboard.

This also happens the same when I keep that in sleep mode

I am asking you the Microsoft Community can you please help me to fix that issue??

Darshan Hulswar, May 4, 2021
  4. Anibor Win User

This computer seems to have two SATA ports, one for HDD and the other for SSD. Maybe it can´t boot from a SSD installed in the port for HDD. And the port for SSD accepts only a 128 or 256 GB SATA SSD.

Anibor, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Clone HDD to SSD boot failure on a Dell Inspiron 15 3567 - Similar Threads - Clone HDD SSD

2. Cloned HDD to SSD, how to set SSD as Boot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloned HDD to SSD, how to set SSD as Boot?: I've recently got my new SSD and cloned the HDD to it. When I went back to the BIOS to set the boot priority and restarted the computer, it wouldn't boot Windows 10 "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key". My SSD is...
  3. Cloned HDD to SSD, how to set SSD as Boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned HDD to SSD, how to set SSD as Boot?: I've recently got my new SSD and cloned the HDD to it. When I went back to the BIOS to set the boot priority and restarted the computer, it wouldn't boot Windows 10 "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key". My SSD is...
  4. Cloned HDD to SSD, how to set SSD as Boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DELL Inspiron 15-3567

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DELL Inspiron 15-3567: IntelR CoreTM i5-7200UIt says that my computer currently doensn't meet the minimum requirements.When it says currently , means that in the future will be an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-15-3567/8a4b2203-3f72-4cde-a5f2-bacd9c7500bd
  6. DELL Inspiron 15-3567

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DELL Inspiron 15-3567: IntelR CoreTM i5-7200UIt says that my computer currently doensn't meet the minimum requirements.When it says currently , means that in the future will be an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-15-3567/8a4b2203-3f72-4cde-a5f2-bacd9c7500bd
  7. Windows won't boot in a Dell Inspiron 15 7559

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot in a Dell Inspiron 15 7559: Hello everyone. I've recently intalled Ubuntu 20.04 in a HD containing a partition with Windows in aDell Inspiron 15 7559. During the installation, everything went fine, but as soon as the notebook restarted, it keptshowing the following error: PXE-EGP: Media test...
  8. Dell Inspiron-15 3567 Keyboard Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron-15 3567 Keyboard Issue: Keyboard Issue on Dell Inspiron-15 3567 Dell Inspiron-15 3567 Windows 10 Sometimes, when I turn on my laptop, the keyboarddoes not work and I have to restart thelaptop again to type on the keyboard. This also happens the same when I keep that in sleep mode I am asking...
  9. Dell Inspiron 3567 Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron 3567 Camera: After installing windows 10 my Dell laptop camera didn't work giving error code "We cant find your camera error code 0xA00F4244" Please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-3567-camera/c287bcb1-541a-489d-a9f9-b9b048d0e07f
  10. Latest in a series of BSODs on Dell Inspirion 15-3567

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest in a series of BSODs on Dell Inspirion 15-3567: Attached is requested log for the most recent BSOD (of 7) on my 10 month old Dell laptop. This occurred while on a remote connection to my desktop (all on a private network). OS: Windows 10 Pro, 1909, build 18363.592 Log file 148696