Windows 10: Clone HDD, with OS and data, to SSD

Discus and support Clone HDD, with OS and data, to SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm needed of your help, I recently got an SSD to upgrade my Lenovo Yoga 300 with Windows 10 Home Single Lamguage, I cleaned and format the SSD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sukito00, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Clone HDD, with OS and data, to SSD

I'm needed of your help, I recently got an SSD to upgrade my Lenovo Yoga 300 with Windows 10 Home Single Lamguage, I cleaned and format the SSD and used Macrium to clone, but it showed me a window saying that I couldn't acces that folder, I changed the security and the problem went on, then I tried AOMEI and anothe error was shown, advicing me to execute CHKDSK in CMD, did it, it shown some errors, cleaned and format the disk again, so, right now I can't clone my HDD to my SSD without errors showing up, what you do in this situation o has ut happened to you?

submitted by /u/Sukito00
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sukito00, Jan 17, 2021
  2. IcyTruth Win User

Cloned OS to SSD want to delete old OS on hdd

Not sure if this was answered(cant find 1) but recently cloned windows 10 from HDD to SSD. My HDD was setup as GPT and the partition was setup with the OS as almost the full 1tb size. I had and currently have alot of used space that i dont wanna lose if
    it can be avoided. The whole cloning process was a pain having to move stuff to the ssd then partition the empty space on hdd the move stuff to the new partition until I had less than 200g with the OS still there so I can clone it onto ssd after cleaning
    it. Os works fine(windows loads sooo much faster) old hdd works fine but wanna get rid of the old os on hdd without deleting anything else? Sorry so long and sadly I merged the partitions back to 1.

IcyTruth, Jan 17, 2021
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Cloned OS to SSD want to delete old OS on hdd

If you used a program to clone the HDD to the SSD you should not have moved stuff to the SSD as the cloning should have done all the moving.

If you are back to the HDD this is where you should have had the partitions setup. 1TB for the OS is too big. Most of your data like Photos should be in a separate drive. You should have a C:\ drive with Windows 10 and your programs and apps on it. Other
    data should be placed on other drives.

A:\ and B:\ are usually reserved for Floppy disks even though you may not have any. D:\ is usually the CD/DVD drive. E:\ and others are used as data drives or other disks like a backup disk.

lacrumb, Jan 17, 2021
  4. lacrumb Win User

Clone HDD, with OS and data, to SSD

Move OS to SSD leave data in HDD

I would clone the HDD to the SSD. Then format the HDD and set up a number of partitions for the different kinds of data. Then move the data from the SSD to the different partitions on the HDD.

Then you might want to reduce the size of the C:\ partition and put a couple partitions on the SSD for those things that need the speed.

There are some free programs to do the clone. I use EaseUS ToDo Backup.

lacrumb, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Clone HDD, with OS and data, to SSD

1. Clone HDD, with OS and data, to SSD - Similar Threads - Clone HDD data

2. Clone HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clone HDD to SSD: Of all the many programs than come with Win10, do any allow the cloning of the OS to a new SSD? If so, are the instructions easy to understand & follow? If not, can you recommend one?Thanks!...
  3. Clone HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clone HDD to SSD: Of all the many programs than come with Win10, do any allow the cloning of the OS to a new SSD? If so, are the instructions easy to understand & follow? If not, can you recommend one?Thanks!...
  4. Clone HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HDD to SSD clone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD to SSD clone.: Want to transfer my whole operating system along with the data from a HDD to a SSD but don't know how to do it. Help needed. SSD not yet bought so suggestion on what company to buy from are welcome. Currently using western digital wd10spzx-60z10t0 1TB. Let me know if more...
  6. Proper way of cloning the OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proper way of cloning the OS from HDD to SSD: I bought a new SSD for my laptop, so I wanted to clone the OS from HDD to SSD. My questions are.... [ATTACH] 1. Should I clone the recovery and other 3 partitions to the SSD ? C drive is obvious 2. If I did clone all the 4 partitions to SSD, should I delete the older...
  7. Cloning a hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning a hdd to ssd: 1t to 250 gig ssd using MiniTool Partition Free. Very little on the hdd and I never even fill up a 128g ssd !! Anything I have to be aware of ? Thanks 143870
  8. Cloning a hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning a hdd to ssd: 1t to 250 gig ssd using Macrium Free. Very little on the hdd and I never even fill up a 128g ssd !! Anything I have to be aware of ? Thanks 143870
  9. Cloned OS to SSD want to delete old OS on hdd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cloned OS to SSD want to delete old OS on hdd: Not sure if this was answered(cant find 1) but recently cloned windows 10 from HDD to SSD. My HDD was setup as GPT and the partition was setup with the OS as almost the full 1tb size. I had and currently have alot of used space that i dont wanna lose if it can be avoided....
  10. Clone HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone HDD to SSD: Most regulars here recommend and use Macrium Reflect Free which will work on ANY drive. 93058