Windows 10: "Clone" mode - Wrong monitor reported as active

Discus and support "Clone" mode - Wrong monitor reported as active in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I clone my displays and set display 1 as the clone source, all applications think display 2 is connected. This results in incorrect ICC profile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Monstieur, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Monstieur Win User

"Clone" mode - Wrong monitor reported as active

When I clone my displays and set display 1 as the clone source, all applications think display 2 is connected. This results in incorrect ICC profile selection for display 1 and breaks monitor specific settings in madVR etc.

If I set display 2 as the clone source, all applications think display 1 is connected. This indirectly fixes the applications and they apply display 1's settings. However this breaks G-SYNC on display 1.

More details and screenshots here:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...e-quot-mode-wrong-monitor-reported-as-active/

:)

Monstieur, Jan 22, 2019

2. Clone mode - diferent resolutions

Hi everybody!
    Just one question about atitool ,can i set diferent resolutions on both screens in clone mode? the fact is that i have a 22´(1950x1050) monitor as primary/first display ,and a 800x600 video proyector as a secondary/second display.I would like to mantain this resolutions in clone mode , because when i switch to clone mode ,the first monitor resolution is set to the secondary one (800x600).If its possible ,how?
    Thanks in advance.

juanrra242, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Family activity report

Hi Javier,

There are ways on how to manage activity reporting for your child. To configure your account settings, here are the steps:

• Go to the account.microsoft.com/family site at Microsoft on any PC
    • Then sign-in
    • Open Settings
    • Tap on the Accounts icon
    • Click on Family and other users on the left side
    • Chose Manage family settings online
    • Check recent activity link for the child's account

Turn On and Manage Activity Reporting for Child

• Click on Recent activity on the left side, and turn on Activity reporting.
    • Check or uncheck to Email weekly reports to me for what you want.
    • Under Web browsing, Apps and games etc., you can view your child's recent activity for each one, tap on Change settings
    • Then set allowed times to manage them, and to block any apps and games.

To Turn Off Activity Reporting for your Child, just tap on Recent activity on the left side, and turn off Activity reporting on the right side.

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jan 22, 2019
  4. wishihad Win User

Activation options for Win10 with instant clones

We have a secure (no internet access) lab environment setup to test and validate a VMWare VDI deployment of Win10 clients.

Our issue is activation of the Win10 clients as they require re-activation every time we logoff and back on because we are using instant clones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Here are the options we are considering and issues as we understand them:

• Setup a KMS server
      • Requires a Volume license, which is doable
      • Documentation says we must have a minimum of 25 hosts, we don' have that in our lab
    • Use our MSDN account
      • No support for Win10 KMS license
      • No support for MKS activation
    • Manually activate each time
      • Gonna spend a lot of time on the phone "Clone" mode - Wrong monitor reported as active :(
      • Win10 has no grace period so machines are crippled w/o activation
    Anyone have a thought or suggestions? I'm hoping I missed something.

Thanks

wishihad, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

1. "Clone" mode - Wrong monitor reported as active - Similar Threads - Clone mode Wrong

2. Activity Reporting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activity Reporting: The kid turned off activity reporting on the computer. How can it be turned back on remotely through family? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activity-reporting/e15a2e0d-d456-4024-bb82-cc1e561e98a8
  3. Activity Reporting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activity Reporting: The kid turned off activity reporting on the computer. How can it be turned back on remotely through family? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activity-reporting/e15a2e0d-d456-4024-bb82-cc1e561e98a8
  4. Activity Reporting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activity Reporting: If my son turned off activity Reporting on his computer, would it notify me? I saw it was an option on his computer. submitted by /u/P4rriair [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4bfdw/activity_reporting/
  5. Reported storage wrong

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reported storage wrong: My Windows 10 storage is in several ways inaccurate. When I go to my settings and look at my storage, it lists apps that are no longer installed and which even say they aren't installed when I click on them through this route, but they are still being counted as taking...
  6. Battery reporting wrong level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery reporting wrong level: Split from this thread. Sounds like a plan! However, my laptop is ASUS UX430U Notebook. Would you happen to know the equivalent drivers "Quickset," "Power manager lite," and "Power manager services" of Dell on ASUS? I think this will help me a lot. Thank you! My...
  7. No Activity Reports

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Activity Reports: I have not been able to see activity since connecting my child's Windows 10 laptop a few days ago. I have followed all of the recommendations as describedhere, however I see absolutely no activity in my dashboard. I did have to verify my child's account as directed in the...
  8. Weekly activity report tracking wrong PC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Weekly activity report tracking wrong PC: The weekly activity report is showing me the browsing history for another family's PC under my son's name. Apparently he logged in there at some point with his account and how I see their browsing history every week showing up in my son's activity report. Is there a way I can...
  9. Cortana reports wrong location

in Cortana
    Cortana reports wrong location: Cortana has wrong address for me and I have been unable to change it. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I have tried multiple suggestions none have worked. It is very frustrating to told that I am in a location 4000 miles away when in reality I am less than 10....
  10. Crazy Report / Wrong Report

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Crazy Report / Wrong Report: well i finish format my PC i install drivers and programs and when i check command perform /report this appear [img] [img] is imposibility beacuse before format this error / warning dont appear , and also i have literaly a monster PC i7 3930k 16 GB ram ddr3 SSD...