Windows 10: Clone of a Bootable Flash Drive will not Boot

Discus and support Clone of a Bootable Flash Drive will not Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm attempting to make a clone of a bootable flash drive containing the Prime Expert Emergency Book kit using EraseUs Partition Master. The clone seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jim8080, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Jim8080 Win User

Clone of a Bootable Flash Drive will not Boot

I'm attempting to make a clone of a bootable flash drive containing the Prime Expert Emergency Book kit using EraseUs Partition Master. The clone seems to seems the same contents as the original, but the drive is not bootable. Cockpit error?Possible, but earlier I used Aomei Partition Assistant Professional to make a bootable clone of a different bootable flash drive, and that clone was not bootable, either..

Am I missing something? Possibly bcdboot; See How to make cloned drive bootable?? Is there a better method? I'm using win10 with a legacy bios.

Jim

:)

Jim8080, Jun 25, 2020
  2. adcx64 Win User

Bootable Hard drive cloning disk recommendations.

Hey guys,
    I'm looking for a bootable software I can burn on a disk to fully clone a hard drive. I have a 500 GB drive with two partitions and I want to clone both to a 160 GB drive so I can use the 500 in a different computer. I need the 160 to be bootable as it would become the new boot drive in the computer.

adcx64, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Jun 25, 2020
  4. adcx64 Win User

Bootable Hard drive cloning disk recommendations.

Will these make sure the cloned drive will be bootable? One of them is a WD...

adcx64, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Clone of a Bootable Flash Drive will not Boot - Similar Threads - Clone Bootable Flash

2. Create a bootable flash drive for a UEFI system (not Legacy Boot mode)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a bootable flash drive for a UEFI system (not Legacy Boot mode): Below are two examples of instructions I was given a couple of years ago for creating a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive in order to be able to clean install Windows 10 on a UEFI boot only PC (not Legacy Boot mode). To create bootable UEFI USB flash drive for installing...
  3. Create a bootable flash drive for a UEFI system (not Legacy Boot mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a bootable flash drive for a UEFI system (not Legacy Boot mode): Below are two examples of instructions I was given a couple of years ago for creating a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive in order to be able to clean install Windows 10 on a UEFI boot only PC (not Legacy Boot mode). To create bootable UEFI USB flash drive for installing...
  4. Completely format bootable USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Completely format bootable USB flash drive: Hi How to completely format a bootable USB flash drive because I found there's a partition on the flash drive named "UEFI_NTFS" (EFI > Boot & Rufus folders with .efi files inside) that cannot be formatted. My other bootable USB with MBR partition can be fully formatted. I...
  5. Cloned drive won’t boot

Cloned drive won’t boot: I copied my upgraded OS from a suspected failing 13yr-old Seagate 160GB (keeps crashing) onto a WDC 500GB using MiniTool Partition Wizard – How to migrate OS to SSD/HD, but the cloned drive won’t boot, it just shows a DOS screen with the letter j followed by a blinking...
  6. windows 10 bootable image for flash drive

windows 10 bootable image for flash drive: windows 10 bootable image for flash drive where to get it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bootable-image-for-flash-drive/fa5ff513-6a52-4415-ad3d-24ca8686a4c7
  7. Cloning to Flash drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cloning to Flash drive?: OK, so a client has a dying hard drive running Windows 10, that is barely holding it together. I was hoping we could make an effort to clone their information onto a 64 GB Flash drive, seeing their entire C drive is limited to about 40 GB. What's the best free utility to...
  8. Cloned Boot Drive won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloned Boot Drive won't boot: Update: Whilst typing up all that I’d done so far, I managed to solve it, but posting anyway in case of help to others. Apologies in advance for being a newbie and the probably obvious mistakes made here. I had a Windows 10 Pro install on a 128GB SSD. It was full so I...
  9. Cloned drive will not boot

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloned drive will not boot: Hi guys I'm a little embarrassed to ask for help from a cloning operation, being an IT guy...but this one has me stumped. Short background: Bought a inexpensive Acer laptop (R 15) Seemed like a great deal for under $499, great screen, good video, Intel i5. But got it...
  10. How to make cloned drive bootable?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to make cloned drive bootable?: I cloned C drive to G via Macrium Reflect sector by sector but cannot understand why the cloned SSD is not bootable. What commands do I run to enable the mirror G drive to boot just like C?The hardware is MSI Titan GT80 SLI running Windows 10. [img] The G drive needs to say...