Windows 10: Clone one account's settings to another

Discus and support Clone one account's settings to another in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When creating a new account, even a new admin, more than HALF the apps and settings in the original admin account ARE MISSING from the new account. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrankStearns, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Clone one account's settings to another

When creating a new account, even a new admin, more than HALF the apps and settings in the original admin account ARE MISSING from the new account.

I want to clone ALL those settings to the new account. A solution listed elsewhere here indicated that copying all but a few selected files from the source account to the new account would work.

Seems like a nice solution. Unfortunately, either the copy or the paste simply fails. Why?

:)

FrankStearns, Sep 23, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Clone one account's settings to another

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Clone one account's settings to another

1. Clone one account's settings to another - Similar Threads - Clone account's settings

2. Cloning drive from one laptop onto another laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning drive from one laptop onto another laptop: I have recently gotten a new laptop with only one nvme slot.I wanted to upgrade the storage to a larger capacity and only have another laptop with 2 slots, 1 occupied.The plan is to have the new ssd going into the new laptop and the old ssd into the free slot of the other and...
  3. Cloning drive from one laptop onto another laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloning drive from one laptop onto another laptop: I have recently gotten a new laptop with only one nvme slot.I wanted to upgrade the storage to a larger capacity and only have another laptop with 2 slots, 1 occupied.The plan is to have the new ssd going into the new laptop and the old ssd into the free slot of the other and...
  4. The Settings app keeps crashing on one account but not another.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Settings app keeps crashing on one account but not another.: submitted by /u/waterstorm29 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uqls00/the_settings_app_keeps_crashing_on_one_account/
  5. Transfer a bought app on one account to another account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Transfer a bought app on one account to another account: Dears,I just miserably failed I guess. I have a MS Surface laptop which is being used by my daughter. It's running Windows 10. She has her own MS account and I have my own. I logged into her account to buy and install Sketchbook Pro app. I went into MS Store but I was logged...
  6. Transfer a bought app on one account to another account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer a bought app on one account to another account: Dears,I just miserably failed I guess. I have a MS Surface laptop which is being used by my daughter. It's running Windows 10. She has her own MS account and I have my own. I logged into her account to buy and install Sketchbook Pro app. I went into MS Store but I was logged...
  7. Transfer a bought app on one account to another account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Another Clone can't boot

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Another Clone can't boot: Hey guys, So I successfuly cloned a normal 1TB HDD to a 250GB SSD which I want to use as a default bootable drive, but the DELL laptop I am using, can't boot from it, if it's the only drive in use. This is how it looks, what am I doing wrong? Disk 0 is the new SSD Disk 1...
  9. Cloned windows from one ssd to another and can’t delete the original one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloned windows from one ssd to another and can’t delete the original one: Hello everyone. Recently I bought a new 1t ssd and cloned my windows ssd to it. Went to the bios and set the new ssd as the boot drive. Then I wanted to format my original ssd so I can use it for other storage purposes, the system tells me I can’t because it has essential...
  10. move programs and settings from one microsoft account to another

in Windows 10 Customization
    move programs and settings from one microsoft account to another: Hi my son "stole" my Microsoft account so I made a new one, but I want to move all programs and settings to mine, which I have made administrator....