Windows 10: clone or copy of PC

Discus and support clone or copy of PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I currently have a PC for work that runs Windows 10 but am about to head off on Maternity leave for 6 months and need to give the computer back. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Penello, May 17, 2019.

1. Penello Win User

clone or copy of PC

I currently have a PC for work that runs Windows 10 but am about to head off on Maternity leave for 6 months and need to give the computer back. They will wipe the computer and redeploy it to somebody else. When I return to work in 6 months, I will be given another (exact same model) computer then. I'm just wondering if there is a way to make a copy or clone of my current PC that includes all settings such as printers, outlook email settings, wifi passwords, and software? That way when I go back to work and get a replacement computer, I wont need to waste time setting it all back up again?

:)

Penello, May 17, 2019

2. DVD copy program.

I need to copy my daughters recital and I'm looking for a good cloning program. What do you guys suggest? Something free. Also is there a way to do it in win7?

TheMailMan78, May 17, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

I kinda agree with you, but on a wholr, do not. While I have done things a bit differently than this specific situation, by installing Windows directly to the SSD, and cloning after, my testing shows that there are no issues doing this, very little that can go wrong, provided your system is stable.

There are certain features that must be disabled in this situation, like auto defrag and such, but even with a fresh install to the SSD, you need to take steps to ensure that you SSD performs properly, regardless of how the data got there.

Arming yourself with a bit of knowledge can go a long way.

Installing the latest chipset driver, and the RST Tools, will ensure optimal performance of the SSD. but rather than taking my advice, I suggest the OP takes a look here:

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sand...7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx

Installing The SSD - Install A Solid State Drive In Your Notebook

Keep in mind, also, Digibucc, that many retail drives include software and such that very specifically is to be used to ttranser the OS from an existing mechanical drive to an SSD, and if there really was alot fo issues stemming from the cloning process, they would not have packages like that, simply to eliminate tech support costs. While not the optimal option, cloning is NOT a bad thing, as long as you take the nessecary steps.

cadaveca, May 17, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

clone or copy of PC

Copy/Clone of HDD used for Windows Backups

Why on earth did you try to clone a drive that contains image backups?

The image backups are compressed and all you had to do was to simply copy the backups from one drive to another using file explorer.

cereberus, May 17, 2019
Thema:

clone or copy of PC

1. clone or copy of PC - Similar Threads - clone copy

2. How to copy/backup or clone System Reserved Partition to DVD-R

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to copy/backup or clone System Reserved Partition to DVD-R: Hi,I wonder if it is possible to copy/backup or clone System Reserved Partition to DVD-R.Any help in this regard will be appreciated.My question is particularly for DVD-R not Hard Drive or USB.Thank you...
  3. How to copy/backup or clone System Reserved Partition to DVD-R

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to copy/backup or clone System Reserved Partition to DVD-R: Hi,I wonder if it is possible to copy/backup or clone System Reserved Partition to DVD-R.Any help in this regard will be appreciated.My question is particularly for DVD-R not Hard Drive or USB.Thank you...
  4. How to copy/backup or clone System Reserved Partition to DVD-R

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Copying the system partition without cloning as such?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Copying the system partition without cloning as such?: I need to replace the SSD with the Windows partition on it because it is dying. The problem is that when I try to make a copy of the system, the image fails an integrity check, presumably because the SSD hardware itself is a bit messed up. I've tried using both AOMEI...
  6. Please, is there any command or free app to copy/clone a folder, preserving all files...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please, is there any command or free app to copy/clone a folder, preserving all files...: I'm asking this because I know when I copy or cut anything, it will have a new and updated system date. What I would is like is something that could copy/move them, but actually "cloning" to preserve their original order/dates. submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link]...
  7. How to move/copy/clone 'System Reserved' partition to another drive

How to move/copy/clone 'System Reserved' partition to another drive: I installed windows on an ssd but I had another hdd installed at the same time so the 'System Reserved' partition is in the hdd. This is a problem now because I have to replace the hdd so I was wondering if there was a way to either move or copy or clone the "System Reserved'...
  8. I want to copy/clone E to C. The SSD is disk 0, the HDD with all my files is disk 1

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to copy/clone E to C. The SSD is disk 0, the HDD with all my files is disk 1: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EasternCoffeeCove [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l1b5bh/i_want_to_copyclone_e_to_c_the_ssd_is_disk_0_the/
  9. Clone File or Shadow Copy virus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clone File or Shadow Copy virus: Hi guys, I need help with this thing thats been driving me crazy for some time now. Whenever I open a program a copy of it named ".programname.exe" without the quotes is created in the directory, am guessing this is some sort of virus because it happens when I connect my...
  10. windows 10 pro on old computer same on new computer. Can I clone my old drive and copy it...

windows 10 pro on old computer same on new computer. Can I clone my old drive and copy it...: want old drive and programs installed on new computers drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-on-old-computer-same-on-new/71f33ab3-1df3-47de-93fe-5891a03218da