Windows 10: Clone OS partition

Discus and support Clone OS partition in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I’m having trouble moving my windows 10 install over to my new ssd. I have tried cloning the entire disk and or all partitions from old to new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Anamistmusic, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Clone OS partition

Hey, I’m having trouble moving my windows 10 install over to my new ssd. I have tried cloning the entire disk and or all partitions from old to new drive using easeus, minitool, and aomei, but nothing seems to work after if clone everything, I restarted pc and booted from new drive, but it won’t boot, just black screen. I have tried many times and can’t seem to get it to work. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Anamistmusic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Anamistmusic, Nov 13, 2019

2. cloning OS partition to new hardware

HDClone does a good job. Since you're cloning from a hard drive to an SSD, go through this list after you've booted Windows on the SSD:

Check the partition alignment
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1226963/how-to-properly-re-align-your-ssd-hdd-partitions

Verify that TRIM is enabled
    http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=86403

Disable disk defragging
    Disk Defragmenter Schedule- Turn On or Off - Windows 7 Help Forums

Static~Charge, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Darkmind Win User
    partition cloning help!

Well I just bought a SATA seagate 320gb 7200.10 hard drive. I had to get a power adapter, but anyway. It's in as Drive F (did disk management). Now all I want to do is clone the partition from my old hard drive to my new hard drive. Copy windows and everything else over on my new hard drive, take out my old drive and then use the new drive as the primary C drive. I have norton ghost, and partition magic. I heard ghost is much better. Could someone tell me step by step how to accomplish this? I think I know how, but I do NOT wanna take any chances here..

Darkmind, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Clone OS partition

cloning OS partition to new hardware

=(
    that would be annoying then, if X program is looking for Y folder in C:\users\<user>\Appdata for a user profile that's no longer in use..
    thats the sort of thing im hoping to avoid by cloning the whole OS partition

NorthboundOcclusive, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Clone OS partition

1. Clone OS partition - Similar Threads - Clone partition

2. Cloning System Partitions Only Without Destroying Data On Clone Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning System Partitions Only Without Destroying Data On Clone Drive: I am trying to clone only System partitions from a 1TB SSD to a 4TB SSD that has 2 partitions filled with data but enough free space at its beginning to host the System partitions . 1st attempt I tried the copy System partitions only on Minitool Partition Wizard but was...
  3. Macrium V7 unable to clone / image Disk with xfs (Linux) partitions

Macrium V7 unable to clone / image Disk with xfs (Linux) partitions: Hi folks seems latest version of Macrium free V7 won't clone or image physical (i.e not VM) Linux disks / partitions containing xfs formatted partitions. No probs with ext2/3/4 though. Not sure if this has always been the case because I used to use ext4 file systems on...
  4. Macrium Reflect: No operating system found after partition cloning

Macrium Reflect: No operating system found after partition cloning: My objective is to have a windows 10 clone on a different disk in order to be able to continue working immediately in case of a disk failure. 1)Using Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 (1909), I cloned the windows partition (which is on a GPT disk) to partition J found on another...
  5. Unable to boot Windows 10 from SSD after cloning system partition. Works perfectly on some...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot Windows 10 from SSD after cloning system partition. Works perfectly on some...: Dear Community, I have the following problem: I have cloned my system partition to an SSD with a 3rd party cloning software. I have tried to boot it on the laptop I want to upgrade, and I got Error Code: 0xc0000001. For some reason, I'm getting BSOD and other fatal boot...
  6. Unable to boot Windows 10 from SSD after cloning system partition. Works perfectly on some...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot Windows 10 from SSD after cloning system partition. Works perfectly on some...: Dear Community, I have the following problem: I have cloned my system partition to an SSD with a 3rd party cloning software. I have tried to boot it on the laptop I want to upgrade, and I got Error Code: 0xc0000001. For some reason, I'm getting BSOD and other fatal boot...
  7. Is there a way to clone a “protected GPT partition” harddrive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to clone a “protected GPT partition” harddrive?: Thanks submitted by /u/tonynca [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k63enb/is_there_a_way_to_clone_a_protected_gpt_partition/
  8. Macrium Reflect: How to clone just a partition

Macrium Reflect: How to clone just a partition: I have a 2TB disk with a 100GB partition which I want to clone to a 1TB disk with a 100TB partition (and the rest unallocated) I get a message about insufficient space. I did check of all the other partitions, leaving just the 100GB on the source. - - - Updated - - -...
  9. Cloning contents of a dynamic disk onto a new basic partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning contents of a dynamic disk onto a new basic partition: I have a 4TB (1.2TB used) HDD that's failing and bought a brand new 2TB to replace it. For whatever reason, Windows decided it needed to be a dynamic disk when I formatted it. Thought nothing of it, continued for a few years. My problem is that I can't just copy and paste...
  10. Macrium Reflect Clone Fails to Boot Resized Partitions

Macrium Reflect Clone Fails to Boot Resized Partitions: Hi all, I'm having trouble getting a bootable image, cloning from GPT/UEFI and restoring to same GPT/UEFI. I needed to clean reinstall for unrelated reasons, and thought I should use the opportunity to switch to GPT/UEFI. I've done the following... The OS works great. But...