Windows 10: Clone OS partition

Discus and support Clone OS partition in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I’m having trouble moving my windows 10 install over to my new ssd. I have tried cloning the entire disk and or all partitions from old to new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Anamistmusic, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Clone OS partition

Hey, I’m having trouble moving my windows 10 install over to my new ssd. I have tried cloning the entire disk and or all partitions from old to new drive using easeus, minitool, and aomei, but nothing seems to work after if clone everything, I restarted pc and booted from new drive, but it won’t boot, just black screen. I have tried many times and can’t seem to get it to work. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Anamistmusic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Anamistmusic, Nov 13, 2019

2. cloning OS partition to new hardware

HDClone does a good job. Since you're cloning from a hard drive to an SSD, go through this list after you've booted Windows on the SSD:

Check the partition alignment
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1226963/how-to-properly-re-align-your-ssd-hdd-partitions

Verify that TRIM is enabled
    http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=86403

Disable disk defragging
    Disk Defragmenter Schedule- Turn On or Off - Windows 7 Help Forums

Static~Charge, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Darkmind Win User
    partition cloning help!

Well I just bought a SATA seagate 320gb 7200.10 hard drive. I had to get a power adapter, but anyway. It's in as Drive F (did disk management). Now all I want to do is clone the partition from my old hard drive to my new hard drive. Copy windows and everything else over on my new hard drive, take out my old drive and then use the new drive as the primary C drive. I have norton ghost, and partition magic. I heard ghost is much better. Could someone tell me step by step how to accomplish this? I think I know how, but I do NOT wanna take any chances here..

Darkmind, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Clone OS partition

cloning OS partition to new hardware

=(
    that would be annoying then, if X program is looking for Y folder in C:\users\<user>\Appdata for a user profile that's no longer in use..
    thats the sort of thing im hoping to avoid by cloning the whole OS partition

NorthboundOcclusive, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Clone OS partition

1. Clone OS partition - Similar Threads - Clone partition

2. Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS: Hi Backup friends.I'd like to have another bootable drive C: on the ready but in your experience which is the best app for cloning the drive C:a. Macriumb. Minitools Partitionc. Aomeid. EaseUSc. Windows 11's built in mirroring/Raid 1 I heard it needs 2 backup disks, I don'...
  3. Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS: Hi Backup friends.I'd like to have another bootable drive C: on the ready but in your experience which is the best app for cloning the drive C:a. Macriumb. Minitools Partitionc. Aomeid. EaseUSc. Windows 11's built in mirroring/Raid 1 I heard it needs 2 backup disks, I don'...
  4. Missing Windows 11 default apps and others installed on C partition after cloning Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Windows 11 default apps and others installed on C partition after cloning Windows...: I have an 1TB SSD, with a partition C windows 11partition, I used a software to clone this C partition to a new fast 500GB SSD. However I didn't want to clone the OS on new SSD anymore, so I format data on SSD 500GB. But the problem is something affects on my origin OS on 1TB...
  5. Missing Windows 11 default apps and others installed on C partition after cloning Windows...

Missing Windows 11 default apps and others installed on C partition after cloning Windows...: I have an 1TB SSD, with a partition C windows 11partition, I used a software to clone this C partition to a new fast 500GB SSD. However I didn't want to clone the OS on new SSD anymore, so I format data on SSD 500GB. But the problem is something affects on my origin OS on 1TB...
  6. Restore Windows 10 from clone of C partition made with macOS Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Windows 10 from clone of C partition made with macOS Recovery: I have here a technical problem that has been causing a great deal of headache for me. I was trying to upgrade the macOS partition on a dual-boot macOS Catalina-Windows 10 Boot Camp system to macOS Sonoma, but during that process I accidentally corrupted the entire macOS...
  7. Cloning Windows 11 os only without other partitions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning Windows 11 os only without other partitions?: I have a laptop with a 1 tb internal ssd with windows 11. In addition to the C: drive there is a large D: drive partition with important data along with other partitions with other os's. I need to send the laptop in for repair of the audio system. I don't want to delete the...
  8. Cloning Windows 11 os only without other partitions?

Cloning Windows 11 os only without other partitions?: I have a laptop with a 1 tb internal ssd with windows 11. In addition to the C: drive there is a large D: drive partition with important data along with other partitions with other os's. I need to send the laptop in for repair of the audio system. I don't want to delete the...
  9. Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition: I recently installed a new ssd into my pc and cloned the old hdd to the new ssd. I noticed there was a little bit of allocated space on the hdd so I used minitool to resize it. I then was not able to access the drive and there is a question mark next to it. I want to have my...
  10. Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition

Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition: I recently installed a new ssd into my pc and cloned the old hdd to the new ssd. I noticed there was a little bit of allocated space on the hdd so I used minitool to resize it. I then was not able to access the drive and there is a question mark next to it. I want to have my...