Windows 10: Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive

Discus and support Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi! Bought a replacement secondary hard drive, but want to know best tool to clone it. My main drive is an SSD with Windows on, but I used Kari's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Everlong, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Everlong Win User

Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive

Hi!

Bought a replacement secondary hard drive, but want to know best tool to clone it. My main drive is an SSD with Windows on, but I used Kari's tutorial to move the user folder on to a secondary hard drive, so just unsure on the best way to go to keep the User folder intact and not have Windows lose it? Would just running Macrium for example work and then unplug the old drive?

:)

Everlong, Sep 9, 2015
  2. BLANKET08 Win User

I want to replace hard disc without losing windows 10 activation

You can clone your hard drive, but make sure the capacity of the new hard drive is greater than the old one.

You can try EZ GIG CLONING SOFTWARE or any other cloning software available.

Kindly do this before you lose your hard drive and valuable information. Get a backup as well.

There won't be any need for re-installation once you have cloned your hard drive. Replace the old hard drive and you are good to go.

BLANKET08, Sep 9, 2015
  3. clonning a hard drive

If you lost anything then it would not be a clone, would it?

Frederik Long, Sep 9, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

Hi Everlong and welcome to TenForums.

Macrium Relect is an excellent program. If you use the CLONE feature for your secondary drive, I think everything will be in order. You can always restore your default libraries and then re-assign/move them if need be.

simrick, Sep 9, 2015
  5. Everlong Win User
    Thanks, sounds good! I'll give it a try then this weekend!

Everlong, Sep 9, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    Let us know how it goes, and if there are any complications.

And thanks for the rep! *Smile

simrick, Sep 9, 2015
  7. Everlong Win User
    All sorted! Used Macrium to clone the drive on to my new one, and then in Windows Disk Management I just switched the drive letters round and everything was up and running!

Everlong, Sep 12, 2015
  8. simrick Win User

Super Everlong! I love Macrium Reflect! *Wink

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive - Similar Threads - Clone secondary hard

2. Cloning a hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cloning a hard drive: Original OS - Windows 8.1Current OS - Windows 10My Dell Desktop won't boot up. Diagnostics shows my HDD is OK. I was wanting to copy everything to a backup drive before I tried to re-install Windows 8.1 original OS. I pulled the HDD WD 1TB SATA, attached a SATA to USB cable...
  3. Cloning a hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning a hard drive: Original OS - Windows 8.1Current OS - Windows 10My Dell Desktop won't boot up. Diagnostics shows my HDD is OK. I was wanting to copy everything to a backup drive before I tried to re-install Windows 8.1 original OS. I pulled the HDD WD 1TB SATA, attached a SATA to USB cable...
  4. Cloning a hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. accident with secondary hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    accident with secondary hard drive: hello! i've been encountering issues with my hard drive. i accidentally deleted the partition on my other hard drive that i believe manages knowing what other partitions are and their file types.i now have a disk that has a 340gb partition without a file system that doesn't...
  6. Cloning Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning Hard Drive: I use an ssd for booting windows and I had a bad 1TB hard drive which I'm now cloning to a better 2TB hard drive using Macrium Reflect. The cloning is almost done (90%) but I have a few questions. How does it work with the download/picture/documents folder in File...
  7. cloning to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    cloning to a new hard drive: when cloning windows 10 drive to a new SSD, should the new hard drive be blank? so if not, then do you need to delete everything on it or reformat it first? i bought a new pc that has Windows 10 and I want to clone my old pc to the new one...... using macrium . thanks in...
  8. Hard drive clone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hard drive clone: Hey: Can I create a cloned drive by cloning to a hd on my PC from my laptop drive & then from the PC to SSD? I only have 1 cable & my laptop will not boot. Both machines have win10 upgrades - 1 from win7 pro -PC & 1 from win 8 home - laptop....
  9. Choosing a new desktop hard secondary drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Choosing a new desktop hard secondary drive: I am running a SSD drive for my operating system, and my 320 GB 5400 RPM secondary drive is getting quite full. I am a big fan of Western Digital drives, and when I saw this add yesterday for a Western Blue 1TB 7200 RPM drive at a good price, I thought this might be a good...
  10. Choosing a new desktop hard secondary drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Choosing a new desktop hard secondary drive: I am running a SSD drive for my operating system, and my 320 GB 5400 RPM secondary drive is getting quite full. I am a big fan of Western Digital drives, and when I saw this add yesterday for a Western Blue 1TB 7200 RPM drive at a good price, I thought this might be a good...