Windows 10: Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive

Discus and support Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi! Bought a replacement secondary hard drive, but want to know best tool to clone it. My main drive is an SSD with Windows on, but I used Kari's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Everlong, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Everlong Win User

Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive

Hi!

Bought a replacement secondary hard drive, but want to know best tool to clone it. My main drive is an SSD with Windows on, but I used Kari's tutorial to move the user folder on to a secondary hard drive, so just unsure on the best way to go to keep the User folder intact and not have Windows lose it? Would just running Macrium for example work and then unplug the old drive?

:)

Everlong, Sep 9, 2015
  2. BLANKET08 Win User

I want to replace hard disc without losing windows 10 activation

You can clone your hard drive, but make sure the capacity of the new hard drive is greater than the old one.

You can try EZ GIG CLONING SOFTWARE or any other cloning software available.

Kindly do this before you lose your hard drive and valuable information. Get a backup as well.

There won't be any need for re-installation once you have cloned your hard drive. Replace the old hard drive and you are good to go.

BLANKET08, Sep 9, 2015
  3. clonning a hard drive

If you lost anything then it would not be a clone, would it?

Frederik Long, Sep 9, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

Hi Everlong and welcome to TenForums.

Macrium Relect is an excellent program. If you use the CLONE feature for your secondary drive, I think everything will be in order. You can always restore your default libraries and then re-assign/move them if need be.

simrick, Sep 9, 2015
  5. Everlong Win User
    Thanks, sounds good! I'll give it a try then this weekend!

Everlong, Sep 9, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    Let us know how it goes, and if there are any complications.

And thanks for the rep! *Smile

simrick, Sep 9, 2015
  7. Everlong Win User
    All sorted! Used Macrium to clone the drive on to my new one, and then in Windows Disk Management I just switched the drive letters round and everything was up and running!

Everlong, Sep 12, 2015
  8. simrick Win User

Super Everlong! I love Macrium Reflect! *Wink

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive - Similar Threads - Clone secondary hard

2. Clone hard drive partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone hard drive partition: I cloned hard drive A from hard drive B. Hard drive B had two partitions, two Windows operating systems cloned successfully to hard drive A. Recently Windows 10 took a dump on it's partition on hard drive A. My question is, do I boot from hard drive B to clone the Windows...
  3. Secondary Hard Drive suddenly missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary Hard Drive suddenly missing: Set up: Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 520 Type 81BF Processor: Intel i7 8550u RAM: 16 GB Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 Hard Drive: 128 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD Software: Windows 10. OS is on SSD. Laptop running fine for over 1 year and suddenly when computer restarted HDD missing...
  4. Hard drive clone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hard drive clone: Hey: Can I create a cloned drive by cloning to a hd on my PC from my laptop drive & then from the PC to SSD? I only have 1 cable & my laptop will not boot. Both machines have win10 upgrades - 1 from win7 pro -PC & 1 from win 8 home - laptop....
  5. Choosing a new desktop hard secondary drive

Choosing a new desktop hard secondary drive: I am running a SSD drive for my operating system, and my 320 GB 5400 RPM secondary drive is getting quite full. I am a big fan of Western Digital drives, and when I saw this add yesterday for a Western Blue 1TB 7200 RPM drive at a good price, I thought this might be a good...
  6. Choosing a new desktop hard secondary drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Choosing a new desktop hard secondary drive: I am running a SSD drive for my operating system, and my 320 GB 5400 RPM secondary drive is getting quite full. I am a big fan of Western Digital drives, and when I saw this add yesterday for a Western Blue 1TB 7200 RPM drive at a good price, I thought this might be a good...
  7. Internal secondary hard drive not recognised

Internal secondary hard drive not recognised: After fitting SSD (C: drive) to my Win10 machine I connected the old hard drive as a secondary storage drive. Win10 does not "see" it! But Belarc Adviser "sees" the hard drive! How to force Win 10 to recognise the secondary drive? Simple steps please for a non-techie....
  8. New Hard Drive

New Hard Drive: I ha a new hard drive installed be cause Windows 10 got bigger than the hard drive that was in the computer. When the drive was installed the old settings were not transferred. How do I move the old C: drive to the New C: without messing up the operating system....
  9. Hard Driving Cloning Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Driving Cloning Question: I am looking to upgrade a computer in my office to Windows 10 once it comes out. This computer needs to have its hard drive replicated. Currently we have two option to clone the hard drive, hardware based and software based cloning. Has anyone tried either method of cloning?...
  10. How to use secondary hard drive?

How to use secondary hard drive?: Hi guys. First post here. I recently (two days ago as of this post) received my new PC. My primary hard drive has about 230GB of storage, whereas my secondary hard drive has roughly 980GB. I was wondering if someone could please help me and tell me how I can boot my new...