Windows 10: Clone user accounts on the same computer

Discus and support Clone user accounts on the same computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good day everyone, is there a way to clone an user account to a new one on the same computer? I previously posted I have problems with icons but no... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BriareosKerensky, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Clone user accounts on the same computer

Good day everyone,

is there a way to clone an user account to a new one on the same computer? I previously posted I have problems with icons but no one was able to give me an answer on how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/icons-broken-after-alt-tabbing-a-game-on-surface/efdf7dc7-a9e6-4303-b324-cb5a42e91c9f?tm=1577043866398, but new accounts do not suffer from this problem.

So I'd like to clone my current account to a new one without having to reconfigure all the options and programs for this new account.

Thank you.

:)

BriareosKerensky, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Clone user accounts on the same computer :(

Zakin, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Clone user accounts on the same computer

User accounts

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• How have you upgraded to Windows 10?
    • Are you able to find the other users in accounts option?
    To test the issue I suggest you to create a new user account and restart the computer and check whether you can find other new user account.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Clone user accounts on the same computer

1. Clone user accounts on the same computer - Similar Threads - Clone user accounts

2. Backup two separate windows user accounts on the same computer with the same external HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup two separate windows user accounts on the same computer with the same external HDD?: I was wondering if I could use the same external drive to back up two separate user profiles from the same computer. It is already used to backup one account, but it does not show to be setup as a backup drive for the other account. Can I just add it without messing anything...
  3. Backup two separate windows user accounts on the same computer with the same external HDD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup two separate windows user accounts on the same computer with the same external HDD?: I was wondering if I could use the same external drive to back up two separate user profiles from the same computer. It is already used to backup one account, but it does not show to be setup as a backup drive for the other account. Can I just add it without messing anything...
  4. Backup two separate windows user accounts on the same computer with the same external HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Multiple users in same account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple users in same account: [ATTACH] I have no idea what is this on earth. Can someone please help me make that only one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-in-same-account/6d3def8f-7d70-4238-b16a-8e994c9c6441
  6. how to sync user accounts on same computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to sync user accounts on same computer: I the registered administrator want to sync the administrator account with another user on the same computer. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sync-user-accounts-on-same-computer/e90ed5ec-dd53-418f-ae1e-26c762616c95
  7. Cloning same model computers / Keep Windows License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cloning same model computers / Keep Windows License: All, As I posted in a previous thread, my company is trying out Intel NUC computers with Windows 10 Home. So I have two computers and it took literally two days to install all of the Windows updates for both computers. I've used Clonezilla successfully for a K12 computer lab...
  8. Cloning same model computers / Keep Windows License

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cloning same model computers / Keep Windows License: All, As I posted in a previous thread, my company is trying out Intel NUC computers with Windows 10 Home. So I have two computers and it took literally two days to install all of the Windows updates for both computers. I've used Clonezilla successfully for a K12 computer lab...
  9. Is it possible to "clone" a user account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to "clone" a user account?: I've made numerous changes to default settings and to the desktop when setting up my new computer. I currently have one user account, obviously with administrative authority. I'd like to know if it is possible to "clone" all the changes to settings and other items I have...
  10. Running alternative clone hard drive on same computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Running alternative clone hard drive on same computer: I was just thinking of making a clone of my Win 10 hard drive and running the program on alternative months. In other words run one version for a month then swapping drives and using the clone for the next month. All my files are saved on a NAS drive and the hard drives are...